• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

c0000005 error EVERY time I play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny_G13

Banned
This isn't my screengrab, but someone else's who I asked to do this:

"Thanks mate. Basically run the game and then exit it, don't even need to play in game, and tell me if reliability history reports a crash. Every single time I have ever run this game, while there's no obvious crash dialogue or anything, reliability history gives me a c0000005 error. Very ugly. I notice the memory usage is inordinately high as well."

Every. Time. Even someone else is reporting this. Lord knows how many other systems this is affecting.

I would like to play this game but my OCD won't let me. Can't the devs fix this?!
upload_2022-6-8_23-19-45.png

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
Hi @Danny_G13, looking at you post history it looks like you're new to CoDForums, so welcome, I am busy working 2 jobs and looking after a wonderful family, so sorry, I missed your posts, but will try to offer some help today.

The secondly, I noticed all of your posts related to some form of crashing or software stability issues with CoD and you're not the first and won't be the last to experience these.

Are all of your posts related to the same issues, or have you managed to resolve some and then found that they have then led on to new issues?

A lot of people don't know how to find the windows error code, so we done for getting to that, have you googled the Windows error code: c0000005

This is what I found:

A C0000005 error is memory error. Specifically, a C0000005 error is an access violation error caused by a buffer overrun. Many scenarios may cause Visual FoxPro to report a C0000005 error.

According to some Microsoft experts, the 0xc0000005 error might be caused by missing or corrupted system files. So before you dive into anything more advanced, first check the integrity of your game and system. To do so, simply follow the steps below. Scan and repair Black Ops Cold War

If your issue stems from corruption in your game files, running a scan and repair from Battlenet will more often than not fix the issues, when it doesn't it might mean other files from your GPU driver, network driver, or Windows systrems may be outdated or corrupted,

Graphics drivers can be fixed by uninstalling the current driver using DDU, restarting your PC and then installing the latest driver from whichever company makes the GPU in your graphics card.

If it is due to Network drivers or other hardware drivers, you can open up your device manager and check for warning symbols as you look through the different hardware categories, respond to all errors and update any and all that have warnings that you might see. How you respond will be determined by the error message, Windows 10 and 11 have tools that will allow you to overcome the problem. Usually right clicking and selecting update driver will deal with most generic hardware.

Motherboard/chipset drivers are better to source directly from the chipset manufacturer, so AMD for AMD based systems, and Intel for Intel based systems.

Don't get chipset drivers from the motherboard maker as the mobo maker will not usually update this software as often as AMD or Intel and by the time they do they are usually out of date.

Make sure all of your Windows updates are up to date, some of these might include DirectX fixes that deal with issues such as yours.

Check your RAM using a ram checking utility such as Memtest86+, DocMemory Memory Diagnostic and Windows Memory Diagnostic.

Check your hardware meets the game's requirements.

I hope that helps, let us know how you get on.

Danny_G13

Banned
Hi, thank you for the reply.

It's pretty clear it has nothing to do with my system, and I'm not sure you read my post at all.

It's a bug with the game, and I'm asking if the devs will ever fix it.

I was assuming this was an official cod forum hence asking. If it's just an unofficial community, I'm sorry for wasting your time, and could you kindly point me in the direction of the official one?

KeyboardDemon

There is no official forum and hasn't been for a few years now.

I don't think there is anything wrong with your PC, the software issues are most likely down to Windows, but trouble shooting hardware is a good step to help pinpoint exactly where the issue stems from, as in is it hardware or software related.

Windows error reports only report what was running at the time of the error, that doesn't mean that the program running caused the issue, it might just mean that the program was affected when the issue manifested. Using the error code you can find out what that problem is and then explore what caused it to resolve it, your issue is the 0xc0000005 error, and I have quoted 2 sources with information on this error in my previous post.

As for the bug with the game being solely down to the software, there is a large community of CoD players on PC using that same software and they can play the game without experiencing the issues you are having.

The issues you are experiencing put you into a minority of what could be less than 5% of the PC userbase, that makes me think there is something that is happening for you that others are not getting, if you want to wait for Activision and the devs to fix it, let me wish you luck and leave you to a long wait.

If you want to take action to try and deal with the issue yourself, then try some of the steps I've suggested, google for solutions if you don't like my advice or wait until MWII launches in October and play that or pre-order and join the open beta when you can.

I am not an expert, I don't claim to be an expert, but I have helped @AntiCheatAgent94 @freakdaddy64 and more resolve issues by helping them find the issue and then resolve it, I don't always find the right answer, but can help direct people at where to look.

Danny_G13

Banned
There is no official forum and hasn't been for a few years now.

I don't think there is anything wrong with your PC, the software issues are most likely down to Windows, but trouble shooting hardware is a good step to help pinpoint exactly where the issue stems from, as in is it hardware or software related.

Windows error reports only report what was running at the time of the error, that doesn't mean that the program running caused the issue, it might just mean that the program was affected when the issue manifested. Using the error code you can find out what that problem is and then explore what caused it to resolve it, your issue is the 0xc0000005 error, and I have quoted 2 sources with information on this error in my previous post.

As for the bug with the game being solely down to the software, there is a large community of CoD players on PC using that same software and they can play the game without experiencing the issues you are having.

The issues you are experiencing put you into a minority of what could be less than 5% of the PC userbase, that makes me think there is something that is happening for you that others are not getting, if you want to wait for Activision and the devs to fix it, let me wish you luck and leave you to a long wait.

If you want to take action to try and deal with the issue yourself, then try some of the steps I've suggested, google for solutions if you don't like my advice or wait until MWII launches in October and play that or pre-order and join the open beta when you can.

I am not an expert, I don't claim to be an expert, but I have helped @AntiCheatAgent94 @freakdaddy64 and more resolve issues by helping them find the issue and then resolve it, I don't always find the right answer, but can help direct people at where to look.
Again, you seem to be saying a lot without actually helping (did I mention I've got a major and work in the industry and have been in it since 1996). As I explained, I asked a RANDOM user online to do the same thing, and he got the same error, hidden away in his reliability history.

It. Is. A. Bug. My PC is 100% stable, and if you were to run the game right now chances are on exit you'll get the same c0000005 error in your reliability history as well.

Furthermore, your sweeping generalisation that other players aren't experiencing this kind of sums up the issue - it's HIDDEN and 99% of them wouldn't notice it anyway unless they looked in that history.

But I can tell I'm wasting my time so I'll just leave it there and never play this game again.

The only thing you said of use is of no use at all - that devs won't fix this, so I'm basically screwed.

Pity, I really liked Park.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Again, you seem to be saying a lot without actually helping (did I mention I've got a major and work in the industry and have been in it since 1996). As I explained, I asked a RANDOM user online to do the same thing, and he got the same error, hidden away in his reliability history.

It. Is. A. Bug. My PC is 100% stable, and if you were to run the game right now chances are on exit you'll get the same c0000005 error in your reliability history as well.

Furthermore, your sweeping generalisation that other players aren't experiencing this kind of sums up the issue - it's HIDDEN and 99% of them wouldn't notice it anyway unless they looked in that history.

But I can tell I'm wasting my time so I'll just leave it there and never play this game again.

The only thing you said of use is of no use at all - that devs won't fix this, so I'm basically screwed.

Pity, I really liked Park.
His posts were good enough for you or your friend can glean from. But you're butting heads and telling him he didn't read. Quit it. He is being nice to you.

KeyboardDemon

Quite right, I missed the on exit part, so to sum up:

• Game loads ok
  • Game plays ok
  • Game exits without any reported issues
  • BUT your Windows log has an error code
Solution:

Enjoy the game and Live. With. It.

His posts were good enough for you or your friend can glean from. But you're butting heads and telling him he didn't read. Quit it. He is being nice to you.
Thanks buddy

Danny_G13

Banned
How about you mind your own business and stay out of it?

Quite right, I missed the on exit part, so to sum up:

• Game loads ok
  • Game plays ok
  • Game exits without any reported issues
  • BUT your Windows log has an error code
Solution:

Enjoy the game and Live. With. It.
Thank you for wasting my time with a load of garbage.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
How about you mind your own business and stay out of it?
I'm the OWNER, stupid. I'm the one who decides who stays and/or goes. You are now showing your true colors to a lot of readers, and a person with a ban hammer... allow me to introduce that hammer. :)
Thank you for wasting my time with a load of garbage.
Alright, that's it. I gave you a chance to be nice. Now you are gone.

@KeyboardDemon thanks for your post(s). If garbage like this happens again, just be nice like you have so far. I'll take care of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements