• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Warzone Call of Duty LagZone micro-stutter experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

sLAMAZAUR

Recruit
Getting micro-stutters every few seconds for weeks now on eu "servers". This happens nearly every game. Quit to desktop, run the game again, queue and it works fine. Next game it doesn't. Steady ping, steady FPS, solid connection working great everywhere except here. Anyone else?

I,too,am experiencing this very thing. I am on the North American servers,my NAT is open,have low latency and no packet loss......but,still experience this micro stuttering. I did not get this until the latest update. I do not get this in the MP gameplay. Its as smooth as silk and plays well no problems. I don't experience this in any other (online) games currently. Just this particular BR game.
On a side note....does anyone think that the cross play requirement for this game(mode) and Ground War should have an option to participate or not. I wish there was, so that the choice to enable it or not could and probably does effect latency.IMHO.

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
On a side note....does anyone think that the cross play requirement for this game(mode) and Ground War should have an option to participate or not. I wish there was, so that the choice to enable it or not could and probably does effect latency.IMHO.

Why would cross-play have any effect on latency? Latency is the network connection between two devices - it doesn't care whether the device is an Xbox or computer. Either way you're playing over the same internet connections and connecting to the same servers and opponents.

First,thanks for clarifying that. Although you might not agree,I still have that opinion in spite of your answer. Searching online about this very subject of other crossplay games there seems to be a trend on this matter by several others that have similar latency/micro stuttering experiences.

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
First,thanks for clarifying that. Although you might not agree,I still have that opinion in spite of your answer. Searching online about this very subject of other crossplay games there seems to be a trend on this matter by several others that have similar latency/micro stuttering experiences.

Links? Fortnite is the only other game I see with PC/console crossplay, and I don't see anything regarding crossplay being the issue for network issues. I see stuff like making sure GPU drivers are updated for PC players and disabling some video settings for console players.

QuickC5

Recruit
Getting micro-stutters every few seconds for weeks now on eu "servers". This happens nearly every game. Quit to desktop, run the game again, queue and it works fine. Next game it doesn't. Steady ping, steady FPS, solid connection working great everywhere except here. Anyone else?

Yup - happened over the weekend - Sunday/Monday

Look....I am not trying to get in a pissing match with you over this subject or any other subject. Seems like you are the self appointed "expert" on all that is network/latency/ping related on this and every online game out there on the internet currently. I was just posting what my stuttering experiences were as compared to the OP. I am sure he and I are not the only ones having this problem,on this game or any other currently. I have an OPINION on the reason why its happening and was asking if others "thought" cross play might be the problem. If yours is no,then fine,its no. I am not here to argue the validity of your point or mine. I just know since the last weeks update the Warzone servers have been stuttering FOR ME.....and apparently for the guy who started the post. So do me a favor and stop trying to dispel my (and others') online latency problems with your obviously vast knowledge but, no solution,nonsensical need to post to bring attention to yourself on a CoD forum. You done way too much for me already...so thanks for nothing.

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous

Does it only happen in CoD MW?

Play since other games, both online and offline (something where there is no server required); and see if you still get micro stuttering, that way you can either eliminate a hardware fault or find 1 and we can help fix it.

Sent from my Huawei P20 Pro using Tapatalk

KeyboardDemon

The issue, as far as I can tell, is down to the CoD servers, I get them too and only noticed them after building my new PC, which might mean 1 of 2 things, 1 my new hardware is the issue or 2 the issues didn't really start until Season 4.

I took my old PC offline just as Season 4 started, my new PC took a couple of days to build as I was waiting on parts but this had bad micro-stuttering when I finally got round to playing CoD, so I sent back my GPU and upgraded, while I was waiting for my GPU we moved our router to a clearer spot in the house and then after it came there no micro-stutters.

Again, we can conclude either the new GPU or the newly located router fixed the issue, but I am not inclined to believe both are wrong and in fact, it was either a temporary fix, a reduction in player numbers or just coincidence that the situation improved shortly after changes at my end.

When I see a few people all complaining about the same issue with micro-stuttering though, I can't see a common denominator, unless you're all using some of all of the same hardware as I am using and if none of you are then it simply has to be a factor that's external to our hardware.

If it is an external issue then all we can do is send messages to IW/Activision support to say WTF getting bead micro-stuttering, server issues bro, fix up please! Or words to that effect.

Zilko

Recruit
Dayum, hopefully it's not the GPU. My internet-connection is always by cable so changing the position of my router won't help a single thing.
My previous PC didn't had any stuttering. Around the 18th of july I played MW for the first time, where I had massive spikes. After some changes I lowered it to micro-stuttering like in the other thread. As far as I read on the internet, S4 started on the 10th of june, S5 the 5th of aug.
It appears after a few matches (maybe it has to do something with the temperature?).

The hardware im using is:

MoBo: Gigabyte Aorus B550 Elite
Proc: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Video: Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT GAMING OC 8G
Mempry: Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2x16GB 3200
Storage: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro NVME 1TB M.2 SSD + 1x 2tb HDD
Powersup: Cooler Master MWE Gold 750 Full Modular PSU

Monitor:
AcerNitro VG270bmiix
Maybe you notice something or you had the same GPU..

KeyboardDemon

Your 5700XT has better support for DirectX 12 than my nVidia card, your CPU has both more cores and higher clock speeds so I can't see your hardware being the issue here. (I have a PC Geek out thread in the Lounge where you can show your PC off, those are mighty fine specs, btw)

But just to test that and make sure, are you having the same issue with other games? When there is a hardware issue it doesn't normally limit problems to a single software title.

If you have CoD: MW, do you get the same issues in Campaign mode?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Zilko

Recruit
those are mighty fine specs, btw)

Cheers!

And I haven't experienced any problems in other games. I don't have the SP/MP version of the game since I wasn't sure if I wanted to play other things next to BR. But I did played Fallout 4 for like half an our without any problems, which is a pretty rough game regarding graphs to me.

On another thread someone told me to swap memoryslots so i'll try that soon when I got time.. I'll post the results here

KeyboardDemon

Cheers!

And I haven't experienced any problems in other games. I don't have the SP/MP version of the game since I wasn't sure if I wanted to play other things next to BR. But I did played Fallout 4 for like half an our without any problems, which is a pretty rough game regarding graphs to me.

On another thread someone told me to swap memoryslots so i'll try that soon when I got time.. I'll post the results here
Wait.

You're saying no other games are affected by the issue, right?

If your RAM was the cause of this issue then that issue would be present in all games, not just CoD.

When you build a PC with just 2 sticks of RAM then your mobo manual will direct you to use particular slots, using those slots will give you optimum performance.

Swapping RAM slots or even removing RAM is something you should do for troubleshooting when your PC won't boot into Windows because it can't complete the power on self test.

Zilko

Recruit
Wait.

You're saying no other games are affected by the issue, right?

If your RAM was the cause of this issue then that issue would be present in all games, not just CoD.

When you build a PC with just 2 sticks of RAM then your mobo manual will direct you to use particular slots, using those slots will give you optimum performance.

Swapping RAM slots or even removing RAM is something you should do for troubleshooting when your PC won't boot into Windows because it can't complete the power on self test.

Sorry for the late reply, had a rough weekend and less time to play.
But yeah, true. Only with COD-MW this occurs. Yesterday i've did some runs where I tried all kind of diffrent settings: Diffrent settings on my monitor (freesync, VRB, over drive), tried a 2nd monitor, settings ingame but nothing helped. Then a friend of mine said 'go download an older driver version of your videocard'. I did (one of 27/5/2020) and that almost seemed to fixed it! I did had some FPS drops but as far as I saw, it was close to zero. I will make some new test runs as soon as I got time, but I really hope this is it, because that means my hardware isn't fucked up.
I also did some runs on games again like fallout 4, farcry 5 but those games run like a beast.

KeyboardDemon

Then a friend of mine said 'go download an older driver version of your videocard'. I did (one of 27/5/2020) and that almost seemed to fixed it! I did had some FPS drops but as far as I saw, it was close to zero.
It is not a solution I would have thought of immediately, but if it's working then roll with it, do keep in mind though, that it was not that long ago that this game would give you warnings if you weren't using the latest GPU drivers available. I don't know if that stopped the game from working, but it stop it from loading until you acknowledged the warning. However, if it is a driver issue then maybe you would be kind enough to report this to nVidia so that you can help other people suffering from the same issue, just in case your friend can't get to them all. ;)

Zilko

Recruit
I found the problem.. it was packet loss which was causing the issue.

The next problem is trying to fix this issue, since people only complain about having this but there is no answer, next to buying a VPN.

I found the problem.. it was packet loss which was causing the issue.

The next problem is trying to fix this issue, since people only complain about having this but there is no answer, next to buying a VPN.

Oh, and my internet is just fine btw; 200 up/down, connected by a cable, other games play fine blablabla. I reported to this the activision forum but there prolly won't be a way to fix it.

Or you got the golden answer/tips?

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
VPNs are usually used by people who want to hide their IP from the public. It only cloaks your IP. Nothing else. It doesn't speed up your download or anything.

Zilko

Recruit
Ok I was a bit too quick. After I posted 'my answer' to this, I got told there is an option in-game where you can see your 'package lost' in the upper-screen. This one stays at 0%, while I keep getting stutters.
I do see the yellow/orange boxes after an amount of time while playing when getting the stutters.
Back to basics to find out about this crap what is happening.

KeyboardDemon

VPNs are usually used by people who want to hide their IP from the public. It only cloaks your IP. Nothing else. It doesn't speed up your download or anything.
Because of the way VPNs work you might find that using 1 adds latency to your connection, in other words you might end up with a higher ping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements