• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Call of Duty: WWII Multiplayer Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxic34

Recruit
Well, these are my reflections from E3. I must indeed say that the game looks spectacular, and it's clear to see that the utmost effort and care was taken for this title. Also, it looks to cement its status as the goriest title yet, stepping up towards the level of seeing intestines fly in Saving Private Ryan. Of course right now, there is a bit of a shouting match on YouTube over the Iron Cross being used in place of the swastika. Odds are of course that this is merely for the German PAL release, since any and all usage of the swastika is banned there, and that the North American version will be uncensored. Feel free to say if you think otherwise, of course.

But as great as the game is, I still can't help but feel disappointed that Advanced Warfare isn't being given the sequel it deserves. Activision and the three developers are being far too reactionary, and in my opinion, craven, concerning the sales and backlash against "futuristic bullshit." Infinite Warfare sold more than enough units to be the highest-selling title of the year and to make a considerable profit, and a lot of the critics came around to judge it favorably. But because it didn't match their sales expectations, they are treating it as a failure, and this is simply the wrong approach to take. Soon we might start hearing revisionist stories about how doing future tech was a mistake and "we went too far", and start treating these games like they don't exist. In addition, while the removal of regenerating health and giving only one difficulty in this new game (all players can only do Hardcore in this title) certainly gives something interesting, it's also going a bit too far to pander to the haters who also judge Halo to be the worst thing to happen to FPS games, for ruining the genre and leaving them saying the only good titles are Doom, Quake and so on.

I can live effectively content that Ghosts will never get a sequel, but AW tears me up inside, though not to the extent that I can't function, of course. I just don't know how to feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements