• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Console Chumps and Aim Assist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squid99

Recruit
It's so funny how aim assist was introduced in this game...yet it is completely over blown. I get it, you console guys need a leg up to compete with us PC mouse/keyboard users, but at the same time you guys have the option to use the same devices right? Seems that sales/money talks though, as well as whiners about PC players dominating console users in a legit matchup. They have skewed things so bad now that PC players need to be near pro to even compete in the game, which is a sad day in fps games if you ask me. Ya, I know, the console guys will admonish me for what I just said, but simply they do not know any better. It's a shame when real hand/eye coordination gets substituted for some fake augmented aim. Bad thing is most of these noobs don't even realize they are getting the assist...Maybe if they tried the game on a PC they would see just how lacking they were in comparison. Rant all you want console newbs...I have both platforms, but my heart lies with PC.

Mycrospyder

Recruit
I'm just wondering who the OP is directing this too. Did he/she have an uncomfortable interaction whilst playing multiplayer core on a beautiful day while sipping his hot tea and licking his cheeto covered fingers between deaths?? I mean...who cares.

PC players don't always dominate. lol A true player shows respect for all no matter what platform they are on. Love these kinds of posts. So entertaining to read and imagine what the OP is wearing while typing up their emotional letter to the public.

Plutonious

Recruit
I'd tend to agree with the OP. I'm not sure if I would come across as brutal, but there are plenty of review sites out there that point this out with video documentary, I honestly do not believe many (most) console players even realize anymore the advantage it gives. The words "aim assist" has become a insult to them as they truly feel they are making those shots legit.

I can't say I've owned a modern day PS (bought my 18 year old daughter a PS3 in 2006 while she was in college), but I do know people that have them, watched them play, and played a bit myself on their equipment. PC with mouse and KB definitely puts all the emphasis on the players skills vs. the handicap given to the controller players.

I too find it quite irritating when a controller player is running and gunning with a sniper rifle and has that dead on accuracy that you could never achieve with a KB and mouse (unless you are cheating or just get that lucky shot). Or that instance where they light you up with sudden accuracy and as soon as you die their crosshair skips six feet off your body. I like to call that sticky aim assist.

I guess if it is truly not a valid point then they should just take it out of the game all together. However, it was put there to try to make the playing field more equal between consoles and PC's. I personally think though it is way overpowered.

Reactions: rlp
So answer me this , if aim assist is as good as you think it is, why isn't everyone playing on console ?
Honestly you salty pc players need to try it and you'll find out the hard way. If your not that good a console and controller isn't going to make you any better .
Just get over the fact that there are some very good players (who don't cheat) on both console and pc.

Plutonious

Recruit
So answer me this , if aim assist is as good as you think it is, why isn't everyone playing on console ?
Honestly you salty pc players need to try it and you'll find out the hard way. If your not that good a console and controller isn't going to make you any better .
Just get over the fact that there are some very good players (who don't cheat) on both console and pc.

Because some of us prefer the performance of a good PC and flexibility that consoles do not have. Also, some like myself who have been doing this a long time understand exactly what I am talking about here. It's pretty much like asking someone would you prefer this Ford Mustang or would you like to drive this Bugatti Veyron....?

Telling someone their not a good player is a pretty classic argument for you guys. I actually laugh at that justification. Salty? No, I am realistic. I've been competitive in OGL and CGL over the years, at one time (during Quake days) I was in the top 10 and played against top ranked players including Thresh (Google it if you do not know who he is).

I pretty much figured this would be the response I would get to my post. It basically shows your true ignorance to it all. It's widely documented at how overpowered it is. Again, I guess you missed the part where I said I have been exposed to it first hand.

From what I understand, the PC players using controllers do not get the aim assist handicap....that being said, I would challenge you to plug your controller into a PC and see if you are as good as you think you are ;)

Because some of us prefer the performance of a good PC and flexibility that consoles do not have. Also, some like myself who have been doing this a long time understand exactly what I am talking about here. It's pretty much like asking someone would you prefer this Ford Mustang or would you like to drive this Bugatti Veyron....?

Telling someone their not a good player is a pretty classic argument for you guys. I actually laugh at that justification. Salty? No, I am realistic. I've been competitive in OGL and CGL over the years, at one time (during Quake days) I was in the top 10 and played against top ranked players including Thresh (Google it if you do not know who he is).

I pretty much figured this would be the response I would get to my post. It basically shows your true ignorance to it all. It's widely documented at how overpowered it is. Again, I guess you missed the part where I said I have been exposed to it first hand.

From what I understand, the PC players using controllers do not get the aim assist handicap....that being said, I would challenge you to plug your controller into a PC and see if you are as good as you think you are ;)
Your obviously getting to old to keep up with the twitchy pace of cod , maybe take up fly fishing ,relax and except your not as good as you were when you played like a pro
Get over it aim assist is nothing like you are trying to make it sound.
Oh and I've never claimed to be good old man

Plutonious

Recruit
Your obviously getting to old to keep up with the twitchy pace of cod , maybe take up fly fishing ,relax and except your not as good as you were when you played like a pro
Get over it aim assist is nothing like you are trying to make it sound.
Oh and I've never claimed to be good old man

I guess the solution then is pretty simple. Advocate for them to remove it since it does nothing. Right?

Oddly enough, it was put there because so many controller users started whining about the imbalance/advantage that mouse/keyboard users had over them. It's simple economics at this point as there are probably 20 console CoD sales to every 1 PC CoD sales these days. They are not going to alienate their largest customer base.

With age comes wisdom, and maybe one day you will at least have one of those. As for me, I still rank in the 1% for the game even considering the frustrations I encounter with aim assist.

Since you are a child by the sounds of it, I will give you a homework lesson. First, Google the subject at hand and see that it's not just me saying this. Second, do what I suggested with your controller and play the game on a PC.

This forum here has multiple threads on this topic. Pretty much all the same outcome it seems though. Console players denying they have any assistance from aim assist, PC players sick of the obvious assistance. I doubt it will ever change, but at least we can voice our opinions about it.

Man your one sad boomer full of crap !
Aim assist has been in cod on console since cod 4 if not before , cross play has only been activated since cod mw 2019 so your first point of controller players vs pc already proven wrong!
I'm not going to reach old age because I'll die laughing at you claiming to be in the top 1%
There are thousands of google searches saying the earth is flat that doesn't mean it's true
Honestly old fella if you want a balanced view see what reputable youtubers say about it, xclusive Ace probably the best.
Get over man , good snipers on blops3 owned the lobbies with zero aim assist , how do you explain that ?

Plutonious

Recruit
It's pretty obvious we will not see eye to eye on this. I really don't care when it was handed to you in non-cross platform play. You just basically made your own point that it has been a part of your "games" for quite some time, BECAUSE it's a crutch to help people with controllers aim.

Nice job in making my point. Thank you!

The problem being it has carried over to online play (cross platform) in which PC versions in the past have not utilized.

jrochet

Recruit
The pc hating on console seems stupid to me. When weh, aim assist mm hmm yup sure. I sure as heck get no assistance and my aim sucks. I used to find it easier to aim with the mouse when I played on PC. It's just a BS argument that the console is easier. It is just whatever you use more you will get better at.

It's pretty obvious we will not see eye to eye on this. I really don't care when it was handed to you in non-cross platform play. You just basically made your own point that it has been a part of your "games" for quite some time, BECAUSE it's a crutch to help people with controllers aim.

Nice job in making my point. Thank you!

The problem being it has carried over to online play (cross platform) in which PC versions in the past have not utilized.
Ok , humour me I've sent you xclusive aces take on aim assist watch it then critique his opinion for being wrong , you send me 1 just 1 reputable youtuber ( if you can find one) who thinks aim assist us op and a crutch to console players and gives an advantage over pc players and I'll critique it

Plutonious

Recruit
Where to even begin with you? So obviously since you disagree with what I say “I am not Pro enough” to have a valid opinion on this. What makes someone credible and pro enough in your criteria? Is it merely someone sharing the same viewpoint as you? Is it some pimple faced kid that plays games twelve hours a day? A simple Google search will show you all you need to know for both sides of the argument, for and against it being a major issue.

I’d be happy to give you a list of my qualifications in the games and life in general, but you would merely discount what I said with something like “yeah sure”, so what’s the point…?

I asked you to perform a simple test with the controller, which you seem unwilling to do. Are you afraid of what you might find out?

It’s been fun debating with you. Perhaps we will see each other in the game at some point. I’m pretty much done here though as we each see this in an unwavering way.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
I find it hilarious that Console Kiddies claim that their Aimbots don't really help at all..

Yet, they are not willing to play with their aim assist off... Funny how that is, eh?? :D

jrochet

Recruit
I find it hilarious that Console Kiddies claim that their Aimbots don't really help at all..

Yet, they are not willing to play with their aim assist off... Funny how that is, eh?? :D
I'm going to go and disable it tonight and start playing that way (with aim assist disabled on my Xbox version). Will be interesting to see how much more difficult it is for me to survive haha. I honestly can say, if it is real, it's not helpful enough to help me with my aim. I have tried adjusting sensitivity up and down for both vertical/horizontal, and even tried using toggle knobs. It must be something that starts to be noticeable once you're already at a certain skill level. As a non-great player, I can say it isn't putting my corsair onto enemies and most of my kills are nut and/or shin shots. The odd lucky headshots are extremely rewarding at my level:).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements