• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Console Chumps and Aim Assist

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are a very silly boy, I would so love to turn off cross-play, but anytime I do, I have to wait for almost 30mins, maybe longer before I can find a game, Plus console players are cheating more than pc players nowadays, hence why COD took action a few months ago. Think before talking.
Personal experience, kids on console get shambles, it’s ALWAYS a PC player who knows where everyone is the entire map. Have YET to seen a console player who plays the way I see PC hackers play. Maybe there are some hackers in console, but what were NOT going to do is act like it’s easy to mod on console as opposed to PC. Literally anyone with PC can mod, with console you need to be dedicated to mod and buy things FOR it. Big difference, yes there’s more pc hackers.

@BoookyTheGOD Welcome to CoDForums.com! :)

That being said, I'm sorry but you need to calm down. Its okay to discuss things, and make your case, which you did. The problem is you're hurling snide remarks like...

[I chose this because it's short. But my point remains.] Let's calm down and respect others.

Thank you, and have a nice day.
The only people I bashed were hackers, if your not hackin you should feel worried lol sensitivity is an issue nowadays. “ you can state your opinion but I feel attacked “ nah bro lol I didn’t say anything crazy, I said how the game is, what I cross daily on it, and how people play. Plus, as long as I’m not calling people all types of politically incorrect bad words or telling them ( god forbid ) to kill themselves, I can state my opinion on a game where kids have no skill so they have to use all types of cheats to have any sort of leverage.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
The only people I bashed were hackers, if your not hackin you should feel worried lol sensitivity is an issue nowadays. “ you can state your opinion but I feel attacked “ nah bro lol I didn’t say anything crazy, I said how the game is, what I cross daily on it, and how people play. Plus, as long as I’m not calling people all types of politically incorrect bad words or telling them ( god forbid ) to kill themselves, I can state my opinion on a game where kids have no skill so they have to use all types of cheats to have any sort of leverage.
I get what you're saying, what I'm saying is just cool it.

Mayhem1455

Recruit
So I signed up on here just to put my 2 cents in iv play cod on playstion 4 playstion 5 and a high end 10th gen Intel 3080 Nvidia card so I have experience with both I also grew up playing quake and quake 2 and I can tell u right now that while it is difrent to aim with a keyboard and mouse it's by no means easier in any way i played mainly with controller with aim assist on not realizing it was on regular and I was number 5 in the world at the time had over 5000 kills with a ktd of 2.54 to 1 on the new black ops on ps4 switched to PC and wow did I suck for awhile until I realized what was going on the aim assist in this game is crazy and really should be called aim snap not to mention you can scan the map in a circle and watch where your crosshairs slow down and try to stop at and see where everyone is its like having an aimbot with wall hack not cool can't count the times someone has jumped into a room and killed me and watching the replay iv actually reported on players for using aimbots it's so bad and was told its just aim assist by the devs I watched players run threw a door with no clue where anyone is scan the room real quick watch for the slowdown and fire threw the wall and kill entire teams and no they didn't use a heartbeat etc and they were alone no team help so ya aim assist needs to be removed I sence then have stuck with a keyboard and mouse and retrained myself and am now a pretty decent player and again to all you aimassist defenders it says what it is right there AIM ASSIST AS IN YOU AIM WE HELP MAKE U BETTER SO YOU KEEP PLAYING AND SPENDING MONEY you kids out there who think your a pro I challenge you to turn off aim assist and then see how good you really are vuz without it your going to suck not to mention I played games with a controller before aim assist was even thought of and guess what u can be just as good with a controller as a mouse for one u have finite movement forward back left and right the artificial speedup make u turn faster and aim assist make u snap on targe iv just started using rockets to kill all u snipers with aim assist love the death mics someone using rockets what a b but yet u camp in a tower and snipe people with aim assist then get mad when u get blown up or I take out a whole team in a room with 1 rocket if u don't wanna be blown up don't camp and snipe otherwise say hello to my rocket

And lastly if aim assist is no big deal and keyboard and mouse have such a huge advantage then why do pro players use a controller rather then a keyboard and mouse?

Because aim assist give u the advantage here's an idea drop aim assist and get a keyboard and mouse ps and xbox are both compatible so stop your winning and go get better tools or use aim assist but know deep down your problems a sucky player who would be bottom tear without an ai helping you aim

Normally I play with aim assist off in all games otherwise it feels like cheating had no clue it was on when I first got this one figured mp side it was not enabled took a month for me to figure out it was bad enoff i thought sometimes my controller was going bad I'd aim at someone and instead it would center on someone I couldn't even see and follow them

Also to the hacker thing I watch every one who kills me for awhile given a chance sometimes I just spectae to see who's cheating and with the new cronos crap there are about 4 players not on PC to every 1 who is cheating and moddong a ps4 or Xbox is just as easy as a PC you just need the right tools hell iv modded playstion 2 Xbox Xbox 360 GameCube wii wii u playstion 3 and PC and as long as u know code and have the tools it's the same steps as anything else write molded files then use program or a hardware hack to reright the memory not hard to do and I'll mod ps4 and Xbox one when they stop supporting it
If you read the agreements when u buy one your not buying it at all your indefinitely renting it but they still own the system until it they stop supporting it then it's abandoned hardware similar to abandonware software and u can do as u like at that point

And no iv never molded to cheat just to make them do stuff they normally would not like I used an modded Xbox as a media center with a 1tb HD in it for years a playstion and GameCube to run emulators for snes and Sega games I own physical copy of but don't want them to go bad as they are in storage so I use emulators molded the Xbox 360 wii wii u to play homebrew

Ps it felt like controller drift sometimes but was aim assist locking onto unseen opponents threw walls etc not cool

Last edited by a moderator:

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
Thank you

And if I find something I do know about I will otherwise I just don't talk better to be quite then stupid lol
Yes, the expression is:
It is better to stay quiet and be thought a fool, than it is to speak and prove it!
IIRC.

But we won't think you a fool if you express an opinion, that either adds something new, takes a side or simply backs someone up (which I guess is the same as taking a side).

Though, I doubt this thread will ever be fully agreed upon, but I am sure you might have something that you can contribute, such as your favorite strategy for levelling up guns, planting bombs, winning free-for-all games, or completing execution moves.

I've not read anything like this before:

AIM ASSIST AS IN YOU AIM WE HELP MAKE U BETTER SO YOU KEEP PLAYING AND SPENDING MONEY
At first I thought, what??

But then I read it again, and I can see how this might be the case, helping people by stroking their egos so keep them hooked does fall in line with game theory.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
You are a very silly boy, I would so love to turn off cross-play, but anytime I do, I have to wait for almost 30mins, maybe longer before I can find a game, Plus console players are cheating more than pc players nowadays, hence why COD took action a few months ago. Think before talking.

It should also be pointed out that it was only recently that you COULD turn off Cross Play in WarZone...

Not sure when it change, but it had to have been fairly recently...

But then I read it again, and I can see how this might be the case, helping people by stroking their egos so keep them hooked does fall in line with game theory.

I have always wondered about this..

In my MW2019 days, whenever I got a new weapon, I was devastating with it for several days, maybe as long as a week.. But then it would kinda fade in the effectiveness department..

I had always wondered if it was engineered that way to keep people hooked and prompt them to buy more weapons...

It would make sense, business model wise... Since WZ is free to play, they have to make money somehow..

KeyboardDemon

In my MW2019 days, whenever I got a new weapon, I was devastating with it for several days, maybe as long as a week.. But then it would kinda fade in the effectiveness department..

I had always wondered if it was engineered that way to keep people hooked and prompt them to buy more weapons...

It would make sense, business model wise... Since WZ is free to play, they have to make money somehow..
That's not quite what I meant when I mentioned game theory, I was talking about how you perform certain actions to get a reward, and the reward to effort ratio is adjusted to make it harder to get each new reward. Such as leveling up, the amount of XP required to get from level 1 to level 2 is less than that required for level 101 to level 102.

In this case, there's a possibility that aim assist might have an inverse level of scaling that makes it easier for a new player to get started but then as skill levels increase the level of assistance decreases.

Maybe that's also applied to be weapons, I'm not so sure and it is just a theory, I'm sure there is something going on, but can't be sure about what that is.

Mayhem1455

Recruit
It should also be pointed out that it was only recently that you COULD turn off Cross Play in WarZone...

Not sure when it change, but it had to have been fairly recently...

You know iv had this exact same thought iv also had the thought that if u do to good without any help that the game apples a secret nerf to only you cuz I'll kill with a gun one match and the next 5 it seems like it is a pee shooter bouncing off and doing nothing heck a few game ago I unloaded 75 stoner 63 rounds and 50 bullfrog rounds into a guy and didn't even break his armor although may of been some new hack cuz I watched their gameplay afterward and I noticed they stood still for about 20 secs then started playing again and imidiatly died by another person iv dead centered ppl with a rocket and it didn't do anything iv also noticed that my aim will be spot on one match then the next few when I aim it'll be just a little off either right or left and I can't seem to center on them like they have a hack or something that won't let me target them I end up spray and pray and die and I grew up using tje rail gun in quake 2 my name giving by ppl I killed was railmaster my buddy was rocketman as a team we dominated
Only way I can explain it is its like controller drift but happening on a mouse which does not happen

And yes hate me but iv gotten so tired of cheaters and sniper rifles that I now spam rockets and i love the death mics (fin rocket spammer)(of not good enoff for anything but a rocket)I'll just point out 2 things here one your sitting half way accrosed the map sniping ppl
And 2 it takes way more skill to land a cigma 2 rocket on your head from that distances in free fire mode then sitting in a tower sniping ppl with perfect accuracy not to mention it'll even give a warning that a rocket is incoming your the idiot that thought I'd miss and just stood there

One other thing I'll say is that Activision said everything from both games would be available and the same they are not even close to the same same skins but dmg recoil ads time everything is dirrent compared to what game they came from a good example of the is the new amp63 the duel weild hip spread is decent in cold war but in warzone omg at 5m its all over the place with the exact same setup in both games and makes it useless in warzone

And the zombie camos can't be used in warzone also crap as I prefer the zombie camps to the regular ones

The aim assist crap is the exact reason I stopped playing gta 5 and red dead 2 it takes no skill and does not help you get better I always turn it off as I want to aim at what I want not what u want me to cuz its closer or more open same in warzone I want to kill the sniper looking at me not the guy running sideways from the sniper who has no clue I'm there as I only take what I think will be kill shots and I try not to 3rd party anyone as that does not take any skill either let me just run in here and kill your team while u reload and replate na I'll wait for a fair fight and see who's better and I love taking out 3rd partyers so it could be said I 4th part someone hehe

chiftie

Recruit
I find this post rather false because there are days where I can beat the PC players in a fair game.Really this whole thing goes either way.
So you're acknowledging that aim assist is not fair?

So answer me this , if aim assist is as good as you think it is, why isn't everyone playing on console ?

Perhaps PC players don't play first person shooters to get aim assist?
Honestly you salty pc players need to try it and you'll find out the hard way. If your not that good a console and controller isn't going to make you any better .
Just get over the fact that there are some very good players (who don't cheat) on both console and pc.

There probably are some very good console players. Too bad we'll never know because they're walking on the crutch of aim assist.

The pc hating on console seems stupid to me. When weh, aim assist mm hmm yup sure. I sure as heck get no assistance and my aim sucks. I used to find it easier to aim with the mouse when I played on PC. It's just a BS argument that the console is easier. It is just whatever you use more you will get better at.
No doubt it is easier to aim with a mouse and keyboard. This is why crossplay simply doesn't work and never will work.

KeyboardDemon

Hi @chiftie and welcome to CoDForums.
So you're acknowledging that aim assist is not fair?
It didn't come across like that to me, he said that he can beat PC players on some days and not on others.
Perhaps PC players don't play first person shooters to get aim assist?
As a PC player, I don't like using a controller for FPS games, and don't like using keyboard and mouse for driving games, so I get to pick what works best for me based on comfort and not aim assist, I am certain people that picked console over PC did so for the convenience of owning a console rather than the benefits of aim assist.

This thread has been dormant for the last 8 months or so, so the people you are quoting might have moved on from this community and they might have even moved on to other games.

I am sure I might have said it in the this very thread, that many console players are more likely to turn aim assist off as aim assist can hinder control of target acquisition, nobody wants to have their aim to be drawn to the first enemy player they spot if the second player on screen is a bigger threat to them, but aim assist can't make split second value judgements the way a player needs to. I know many of my friends on console tend to disable aim assist.

But what are your thoughts on the matter?
No doubt it is easier to aim with a mouse and keyboard. This is why crossplay simply doesn't work and never will work.
It already seems as if you have more of an issue with crossplay then you do with with aim assist based on your closing last line (above).

Crossplay was a key factor in me getting CoD MW as I have friends that play on PS and XBox, having the option to play with them online was an incredibly attractive feature for me.

chiftie

Recruit
It didn't come across like that to me, he said that he can beat PC players on some days and not on others.
Then what did he mean by "fair" game? Your interpretation doesn't give meaning to all of his words.

As a PC player, I don't like using a controller for FPS games, and don't like using keyboard and mouse for driving games, so I get to pick what works best for me based on comfort and not aim assist, I am certain people that picked console over PC did so for the convenience of owning a console rather than the benefits of aim assist.

This thread has been dormant for the last 8 months or so, so the people you are quoting might have moved on from this community and they might have even moved on to other games.

I am sure I might have said it in the this very thread, that many console players are more likely to turn aim assist off as aim assist can hinder control of target acquisition, nobody wants to have their aim to be drawn to the first enemy player they spot if the second player on screen is a bigger threat to them, but aim assist can't make split second value judgements the way a player needs to. I know many of my friends on console tend to disable aim assist.

But what are your thoughts on the matter?

My thoughts are that it is beyond fucking dumb that console players get built-in aim bots. I fully acknowledge that it is harder to aim on a controller. But that doesn't mean we should give console players a broken advantage. Rather, it means that console and PC players don't mix. It's that simple. If it means waiting forever for a game, so be it.

It already seems as if you have more of an issue with crossplay then you do with with aim assist based on your closing last line (above).

Crossplay was a key factor in me getting CoD MW as I have friends that play on PS and XBox, having the option to play with them online was an incredibly attractive feature for me.

My issue with crossplay is it is inherently unfair to controller players (unless of course the game gives them built-in aim botting, in which case it becomes extremely unfair to PC players). There's just no way to make crossplay a fair experience. So just do away with it altogether.

Lone Wolf

Recruit
My issue with crossplay is it is inherently unfair to controller players (unless of course the game gives them built-in aim botting, in which case it becomes extremely unfair to PC players). There's just no way to make crossplay a fair experience. So just do away with it altogether.

I totally agree with you. Two very different platforms and they do not mesh very well at all. I would much prefer that they would be separated, or at least give us the choice of having them separated. It's not just the aimbot that's an issue, it's the moves that console players can make that PC users cannot.

KeyboardDemon

Then what did he mean by "fair" game? Your interpretation doesn't give meaning to all of his words.
I don't want to be held accountable for something that @Deserthawk13 said, and the last time he posted on this forum was in May 2021, so I don't think he is in any rush to explain himself.

If I were to speculate then I might assume that what he meant by "fair" was when he was playing against PC players that were not using any wallhacks, aim-bots or other third-party mods that were installed to give them an edge over other players.

My thoughts are that it is beyond fucking dumb that console players get built-in aim bots. I fully acknowledge that it is harder to aim on a controller. But that doesn't mean we should give console players a broken advantage. Rather, it means that console and PC players don't mix. It's that simple. If it means waiting forever for a game, so be it.
Ok, I see where you are coming from, it looks like you're choosing to play the victim card here, you want PC players and console players should be separated, like extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar which are usually kept apart, right? Even though mixing those ingredients together makes for an excellent dip for bread or even a basic salad dressing.

It sounds a lot like you have fundamentally misunderstood how aim assist works and have drawn the conclusion that it is the same as an aim-bot.

There was a time when PC players using a controller had stronger levels of aim-assist than console players, if you can get a controller and try it on your PC you might be surprised at how different aim-assist is to what you thought console players are getting.

Aim-bots and aim-assist are not the same thing, aim-assist is not designed to lock on to an enemy and snap your sight in place even when that player is off screen like an aim-bot and wall hack combo can.

Aim assist is simply designed to slow the movement of a player's crosshair when they pass over an enemy, in theory making it a little easier to line up a shot.

The drawbacks being, if two enemies are visible on screen and the first is not a threat while the second is, the crosshair will still slow on the first enemy giving the second enemy an open goal to shoot at. Then if a third enemy runs across the field of view, the aim assist will treat that third enemy as the most important target, leaving the player even more vulnerable.

So, going back to your desire to see an end to cross play, that is unlikely to be happening with CoD games, now that Microsoft are set to acquire Activision, it looks very much like cross play will become even more firmly embedded into gaming and become an even more integral part of gaming culture.

chiftie

Recruit
It sounds a lot like you have fundamentally misunderstood how aim assist works and have drawn the conclusion that it is the same as an aim-bot.

There was a time when PC players using a controller had stronger levels of aim-assist than console players, if you can get a controller and try it on your PC you might be surprised at how different aim-assist is to what you thought console players are getting.

Aim-bots and aim-assist are not the same thing, aim-assist is not designed to lock on to an enemy and snap your sight in place even when that player is off screen like an aim-bot and wall hack combo can.

Aim assist is simply designed to slow the movement of a player's crosshair when they pass over an enemy, in theory making it a little easier to line up a shot.

The drawbacks being, if two enemies are visible on screen and the first is not a threat while the second is, the crosshair will still slow on the first enemy giving the second enemy an open goal to shoot at. Then if a third enemy runs across the field of view, the aim assist will treat that third enemy as the most important target, leaving the player even more vulnerable.
Your description does not conform to the various accounts I have read/watched. Especially the bolded.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csao9Z0xSwQ

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fuRL_POxww&t=179s

KeyboardDemon

I've not seen those videos before, in the first wee see a PC player playing with a controller, how would turning off cross play help in that situation?

It didn't work that way when I tried to use a controller on my PC for playing MW and Ears even says as much in the video, when he talks about how he has never seen it this strong in a call of duty at around 7-minutes and 40-seconds into the video.

In the second video, when Webzy went from using controller to the clip of him using keyboard and mouse, he was popping off long range one hit kills with a sniper rifle with ease and only struggled with close range shots using a keyboard and mouse combo.

Is it still that way now?

The first video is from December 2021 and the second from September 2021, so they might have changed that already, though Vanguard is getting a lot of complaints about so many aspects of the game being broken, so I would be surprised if this is something that's high on the list of priorities, I would be equally surprised if it doesn't get addressed at all.

The last time I checked, it wasn't possible to turn Crossplay off on PC or XBox, but the option has now been enabled on PC, in Vanguard, go to settings, Account & Network, Online, and then Crossplay is the first option there. In MW and BOCW is also quite easy to find through the main menu, the option should stop you from getting matched up with Console players, but won't stop PC players with controllers from getting into a match with you.

Most CoD games evolved as controller-based games, they are written for consoles and ported to PC, if not from the start then once they started getting popular they were made for a console market first then ported to PC just like most other games and even if you did disable console crossplay, you wouldn't be able to disable playing against PC players that use controllers, until controller based match making is introduced.

Uberlamo

Recruit
Love it or loath it, just get on with it, after all its just a game and there's more important things in life to worry about than a game.

On a side note, if I were to use an aimbot when playing drunk, would that be the same as a console player using aim assist? :D

It's so funny how aim assist was introduced in this game...yet it is completely over blown. I get it, you console guys need a leg up to compete with us PC mouse/keyboard users, but at the same time you guys have the option to use the same devices right? Seems that sales/money talks though, as well as whiners about PC players dominating console users in a legit matchup. They have skewed things so bad now that PC players need to be near pro to even compete in the game, which is a sad day in fps games if you ask me. Ya, I know, the console guys will admonish me for what I just said, but simply they do not know any better. It's a shame when real hand/eye coordination gets substituted for some fake augmented aim. Bad thing is most of these noobs don't even realize they are getting the assist...Maybe if they tried the game on a PC they would see just how lacking they were in comparison. Rant all you want console newbs...I have both platforms, but my heart lies with PC.
I play on console ps4 and aim assist doesn’t work the way everyone thinks, I noticed you have to be moving a certain way for it to engage and also noticed it gets in the way as it will jump to another player it’s cost me kills rather then help which is why a lot of console players turn it off

Uberlamo

Recruit
Generally I like playing console players, basically, and now don't be offended, because they aren't the brightest light bulb in the pack. Why? because they have no perception of sound and run around like demented lemmings. You can hear 'em across the map and then complain when you kill them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements