• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Warzone Crossplay console only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it not an option to play on console only? I have a friend who plays xbox and I play PS4. The only way we can play together is to play with PC players. Yesterday it was absolutely awful to play. We have never played so badly ever. It was obvious that most of the times we died there were PC players killing us.

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
There are some console players out there that can completely destroy even really good PC players and then there are squads that are so tight that regardless of which platform they run on, there is simply no getting through them.

Console players now have keyboard and mouse support, though, I wouldn't get these if I were playing on a console and I'm a PC player that's constantly being pwned by some average console players because I am just about average myself. Having a PC hasn't made me a gaming god and I usually expect to find my name in the bottom half of the table at the end of each game.

For me, the issue is not keyboard/mouse vs controller, it is not having the time to learn all the maps, learn where to go and when, In my case, I have no real game sense, while many good players know when to run, when to hold back and which corners to check.

In your case, and I am not trying to cast doubt onto your skills, it seems like you and your friends got into a server with some of the really good PC players, maybe next time you should all leave that lobby and try to find another lobby, maybe you might find better matched players to play against.

Of course, there are many good console players, that's no doubt. I have played COD for over 10 years and I recognize abnormal playing style. Maybe I should change the statement from using console to using controllers.

There are no console players that can jump and shoot as accurately as they use mouse and keyboard. Only this movement makes it difficult for control players to handle. Learning maps and where people usually camper is easy, the problem is when the enemy is 150-200 meters away and sprays and hits with every single shot.

At the same time, it is much easier to turn quickly with the mouse versus the joystick. There is actually a big difference, and I suppose you understand that too.

I don't want to call myself supernaturally good, but I consider myself a player above average on console. I know that by far the majority of the times I died it was easy to see that they were using mice and keyboard.

Why is it not an option to play on console only? I have a friend who plays xbox and I play PS4. The only way we can play together is to play with PC players. Yesterday it was absolutely awful to play. We have never played so badly ever. It was obvious that most of the times we died there were PC players killing us.
xbox or ps4 . one of them have the option, to disable crossplay.

The issue isn't playing against pc players.
The issue is that how many cheaters there are on pc.

Console players should be able to opt out of the clusterfunk that is pc gaming.

init6

Recruit

What he said. Most console players dont want to play with or on PC or......would have bought a pc. PC players want console players so they can feel special when they hack. Lol. Kidding, of course, maybe.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private

I agree with this statement. The OP's idea is good. I'd rather have console vs console cross play than cross play with PC, too. Right now, there's no option to select crossplay with consoles only. Just crossplay with any and all platforms.

What he said. Most console players dont want to play with or on PC or......would have bought a pc. PC players want console players so they can feel special when they hack. Lol. Kidding, of course, maybe.

Definetly hackers on pc, wihch i play pc, beleive me if i didnt suck with analog sticks i would go to console. But i switched to pc gaming in 1998. never went back.

Elmaz Okicic

Recruit
You should be able to cross play with only XBOX/PS4 or XBOX/PS4/PC. And when you cross play with the three, they should lock frame rate to a standard of the lesser and if you play with controller, you get put with cross play controllers or vice versa, Key & Mouse with Key & Mouse. That's what it should be. PC surface has a 2D surface guiding axis that reulsts in agile snappy target acquisition. With consoles we have 3D axis (which is helped with assist) but not agile and snappy like PC can be, and that's just what it is. So there's no point combining the two without these solutions implemented.

KeyboardDemon

You should be able to cross play with only XBOX/PS4 or XBOX/PS4/PC. And when you cross play with the three, they should lock frame rate to a standard of the lesser and if you play with controller, you get put with cross play controllers or vice versa, Key & Mouse with Key & Mouse. That's what it should be. PC surface has a 2D surface guiding axis that reulsts in agile snappy target acquisition. With consoles we have 3D axis (which is helped with assist) but not agile and snappy like PC can be, and that's just what it is. So there's no point combining the two without these solutions implemented.
Interesting idea, but what happens when a less capable PC can only get an average of 30-40 frames per second, would you want the frame rates on your console dropped to match the lowest common denominator, when it is capable of playing at 60 fps at 1080p?

init6

Recruit
Not to be rude but I will. If your a gamer and you choose pc then your pc should easily be able to handle 60fps. If not, find a new hobby .

Elmaz Okicic

Recruit
Interesting idea, but what happens when a less capable PC can only get an average of 30-40 frames per second, would you want the frame rates on your console dropped to match the lowest common denominator, when it is capable of playing at 60 fps at 1080p?

That's a factor a PC user should have considered before going into that platform. You can't go cheap on PC because of that gaming performance reason. There's always going to be better on PC with all those graphics cards coming out and etc... And the PC would then be at console average if that's the case with your fps. But with consoles it's all the same for everyone mostly. Average is 30fps, maybe a bit more on the PS4 pro, but not by loads.

KeyboardDemon

That's a factor a PC user should have considered before going into that platform. You can't go cheap on PC because of that gaming performance reason. There's always going to be better on PC with all those graphics cards coming out and etc... And the PC would then be at console average if that's the case with your fps. But with consoles it's all the same for everyone mostly. Average is 30fps, maybe a bit more on the PS4 pro, but not by loads.
I thought this gen of consoles were all running at 60 fps and not just the PS4 Pro or the XBox One X or whatever the top end model is called in the XBox range.

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
This again. Who resurrected this thread.

"PC hackers" is just the new go-to for whiners when they die. It's never your own fault when you die, it's lag or camping or, now, "stupid PC cheaters". I can promise you, 99.9% of the time you think a PC player is cheating, they're not. The other guy was just better than you that time. Spoiler alert, your K/D is roughly 1.0 which means half the times you go into a gunfight you're going to die, and it won't be because of hacking or cheating or camping or lag.

People also don't realize, fragmenting the playerbase so many times is going to result in longer and longer wait times and lobbies that aren't filled. You want not just console and PC queues but now you want console/controller and console/M&K segregated. Then when they eventually come out with the Cold War map, you'll want different queues for each for map selection. And you want different queues for Solo/Duo/Trio/Quad for Plunder AND Warzone. Some of y'all also want Classic and other one-off modes to be full-time playlists. And different regions need their own queues so nobody is taking advantage of bad latency. So how many queues are we talking about now? Do you want to wait 5 minutes for each lobby to fill up? Or start with only 78 players? Do you want bots added to fill lobbies so you don't have to wait 5 minutes? Or could you maybe just suck it up and realize that not every PC player is hacking and sometimes other players do make good plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements