• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

DISASTER STRIKES!!!!

freakdaddy64

Recruit
if the mobo supports these
4 x DIMM, Max. 64GB, DDR4 2666/2400/2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
i dont think it will run at 3000 so in bios make sure ram is set at one of these other then that im not sure. look at mobo manual and see what the beeps mean. does motherboard have led lights that might give an idea of whats wrong.

freakdaddy64

Recruit
how is video card connected to display hdmi or display port hopefully check the connections. if my cable is not in right display port i get no picture.

and you could have a dead mobo its not uncommon.

if previous mobo ran with that ram i would think the new one would but because of the ram speed 3000 and what the mobo says it supports
i would think it would not and maybe new mobo doesnt like it. have you tried contacting support.

View: https://youtu.be/hInQE6aiv1w

Here is the BEEP sequence I am hearing..
what is that red and black wire hanging there.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
does motherboard have led lights that might give an idea of whats wrong.

Unfortunately, no.. Just the beep codes...

how is video card connected to display hdmi or display port hopefully check the connections. if my cable is not in right display port i get no picture.

and you could have a dead mobo its not uncommon.

if previous mobo ran with that ram i would think the new one would but because of the ram speed 3000 and what the mobo says it supports
i would think it would not and maybe new mobo doesnt like it. have you tried contacting support.

I have.. Waiting for an email back...

what is that red and black wire hanging there.

That's the speaker...

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
As you point out, my CPU has no integrated graphics, but the MB DOES have onboard graphic capability..
Your mobo has ports that allow you to connect a monitor to the onboard graphics on your CPU.

Your mobo cannot generate a display output of its own.

Intel i5 9400 and i5 9400K processors have integrated GPUs, to use the I-GPU you use the mobo outputs as you can't connect a monitor directly to the CPU, the 9400F is an i5 with no integrated GPU.

Now think back to before you had the issue with the bent pin, the same RAM, GPU and CPU worked together in that mobo, right?

Now, watch the video you posted and count the beeps, you have 1 long beep and 3 short beeps, with Gigabyte mobos this means an AGP error has been detected, your slot can't see the graphics card. The solution is to remove your graphics card and reseat it, make sure power cables are attached firmly to the GPU and PSU, then try again.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Now, watch the video you posted and count the beeps, you have 1 long beep and 3 short beeps, with Gigabyte mobos this means an AGP error has been detected, your slot can't see the graphics card. The solution is to remove your graphics card and reseat it, make sure power cables are attached firmly to the GPU and PSU, then try again.

Yea, done that a bunch of times..

I went over everything with the vendor I bought the MB from.. He made a few suggestions, all of which I have tried..

He said if all of that doesn't work, it's defective..

Just my frakin' luck!!

Thinking of trying a reflow.. But that's a hail mary...

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
It's a way to re-melt the solder on boards in case it's a disconnect/over heating issue..

Reflow.jpg

so where did you get this mobo. will it take long to exchange it out.

The vendor doesn't want to exchange it.. He wants to get it back and issue a refund... I begged for a replacement but he said he wants to check the MB first...

At this point, we would not feel comfortable with a replacement as all of your parts seem to be compatible.
We would like to test the motherboard once we receive it and see what is going on.

I have a feeling he thinks I am trying to scam them.. :( Maybe I am reading too much into things.. It's been that kind of day....

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Before you reflow your mobo, take it to work and see if you can test it with another CPU, RAM, and GPU.

Get out of my head!! :D heh

I have looked around here (shop), but we don't have any DDR4 RAM and the best CPU we have is a 4th Gen... We're a small Mom/Pop game console store with not a very good selection of mid/high end Gamer PC...

But I do have a GeForce GTX570 at home and am going to try that before the reflow when I get home...

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
I am getting confused, too many threads on this 1 issue, so I am going to summarise what I can, and hopefully we can address all future issues in this 1 thread.

• New GPU (RTX 3060) was giving below expected results.
  • Switching from 3rd gen DDR3 platform to 9th gen DDR4 platform was expected to fix the issue but performance was still not improved
  • Through testing, trial, and error, an issue with high temps due to bad CPU cooler seating revealed
  • The process of adjusting the heatsink resulted in a bent pin on the mobo
  • A replacement mobo was acquired
  • A rebuild was met with a beep code error, 1 long and 3 short - AGP issue
  • Testing with an alternative GPU allows successful POST
  • Conclusion is RTX 3060 is faulty
Before sending the RTX 3060 for RMA (could take up to 2 weeks) test it on a working system, if the conclusion above is correct, you would expect to see a similar AGP error at POST on a new mobo, if the conclusion is wrong, we get more time to find the real issue.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
I am getting confused, too many threads on this 1 issue, so I am going to summarise what I can, and hopefully we can address all future issues in this 1 thread.

Yea, that's on me.. I know for me, I don't like to read hugely long threads when I am diagnosing a problem whether it be a TV issue or a pooter issue.. So, when I am the one creating the threads, I like to break them up into smaller chunks. Especially when there is a circumstancial or situational change that allows for a natural change of threads.

It's been my experience that moderators and forum owners can go either way. Some don't like a bunch of threads all over the place and prefer keeping it all in one place... Others like to have a bunch of different threads to populate the forums.. If Carlos wants to chime in....

• New GPU (RTX 3060) was giving below expected results.
  • Switching from 3rd gen DDR3 platform to 9th gen DDR4 platform was expected to fix the issue but performance was still not improved
  • Through testing, trial, and error, an issue with high temps due to bad CPU cooler seating revealed
  • The process of adjusting the heatsink resulted in a bent pin on the mobo
  • A replacement mobo was acquired
  • A rebuild was met with a beep code error, 1 long and 3 short - AGP issue
  • Testing with an alternative GPU allows successful POST
  • Conclusion is RTX 3060 is faulty
Before sending the RTX 3060 for RMA (could take up to 2 weeks) test it on a working system, if the conclusion above is correct, you would expect to see a similar AGP error at POST on a new mobo, if the conclusion is wrong, we get more time to find the real issue.

That's a good precise summation of the circumstances up to that point.. :D I love the analytical portion of your brain.. :D

But, as of last night, things went sideways... In a GOOD way.. :D

Like CODForums!

Advertisements