• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Error Code 4 after update 4/2023

yiansim

Recruit
MW 1 Mulriplayer
i got this after the update, anybody else has this issue ?
thank you

Attachments

• error_code4.jpg
    error_code4.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 9
That error is the one that gets displayed when the servers are down. Nothing to do with your end of the game. It would be nice if they actually put a little bit more info on that .jpg that they are using.

yiansim

Recruit
thank you for the help CascadiaSRL
All platforms: Online from the check on the URL on the pic
i have this issue 2 days now and it started just after the update.
i have uninstall the game deleted all the folders and installed again i managed to go in to multiplayer menu ones but after that i have the same problem again :(

Just for clarity we are talking about Modern Warfare (1) and not the current version correct? I ask because there are some other steps to explore.....

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Error Code 4 fix​

Follow these simple steps in order to address Modern Warfare Error Code 4 on PC:

1. Close the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare application.
  2. Close the Battle.net Blizzard client.
  3. Open “File Explorer” from your desktop.
  4. Navigate to “Documents” via the sidebar.
  5. Locate and delete the “Call of Duty Modern Warfare” folder.
  6. Open Battle.net and run Modern Warfare.

I post these as an attempt to help and definitely do not present them as the cure all. I hope it helps and wish you both the best of luck!

Adria

Recruit
Hi, yes, warfare 1, we done everything what we find on internet without luck.
Finally we got it.
  • First, quit the game completely, not just to sleep, but actually shutdown
  • Unplug your internet modem / router (wait min 30sec)Allow your router to reboot, this may take around three to five minutes
  • After resetting your modem / router, it should work again
  • Reinstall warzone
  • Connect your console a different network, or via a LAN ethernet connection, if you don’t have that, just use your mobile network
  • Back to your normal network

yiansim

Recruit
Thanks for your Help CascadiaSRL but deleting the folder did not solve the problem for me.
Adria i did all that yesterday (on pc) i used mobile network ,i let me open multiplayer game menu but after i plug it on the normal network i had the same problem.
it was working perfectly until the update...

I dont know what global region you are in but just to knock a thought out there try to change the region you are in and see what happens. Also, Battlenet or Steam?

yiansim

Recruit
On wzstatus says All platforms online. the region is Europe and i use Battlenet.
i tried Asia Ans Americas with no luck.

Ellierojo

Recruit
MW 1 Mulriplayer
i got this after the update, anybody else has this issue ?
thank you
Yes I’ve had this since yesterday has anyone else had this issue and been able to fix it? My internet is absolutely fine I’ve not done anything differently so can’t understand how I can resolve it

Adria

Recruit
Yes I’ve had this since yesterday has anyone else had this issue and been able to fix it? My internet is absolutely fine I’ve not done anything differently so can’t understand how I can resolve
Same as I, tried everything everything since yesterday morning without luck, finally we got it.
Idk it is just luck or the solution of the problem, but you should try at least.

philowen

Recruit
I have tried everything, deleted and installed the game 5 times. Store not available, error 6..no access at all to the campaign or BR. This is very very annoying

yiansim

Recruit
Ellierojo try the last method and change the DNS servers on PS4

:) yesterday the game was fixed today just tried to open it and i have the same issue...

Adria

Recruit
Ellierojo try the last method and change the DNS servers on PS4

:) yesterday the game was fixed today just tried to open it and i have the same issue...
Same here
We change the primary and secondary DNS,and it’s working at the moment.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements