• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Favorite Zombie's Map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say mine is ascension because it feels the most balanced and fun to me. No matter what round you're on, those monkeys will always get one of those perks. Everyone once in a while someone will invariably drop the ball and the perk is gone. If it's something like Speedy Cola then the next round just got far more interesting.

What's your favorite map and why?

visto

Recruit
Probably the White House one. I like the close quarters, the windows and doors are easy to watch to begin with. Feel more comfortable being able to know what's at my back.

While I agree with that, it does get a little too cramped for my style after a while. Feels like I just can't keep up the dodging and ducking and weaving between the hoards. I'm more a fan of open environments, so that I can maneuver better. Especially when I'm dinking around with the knife.

Bob

Recruit
I think the White House one is called Five or something? Depicting the pentagon? I have probably only played it twice, so I'm not that familiar with it. I love how Fidel Castro is one of the players in there, though. :p

Originally, I liked Kino the most because of the rhythm that we kept when we played. Later though, my friend got Ascension and a bunch of other maps such as Moon and the classics (Verruckt, Shangri La, Der Riese, etc.). Ascension and Moon were the ones that really interested me, but Moon was a bit too complicated with its hacking and other stuff that was probably necessary to attain higher rounds. Ascension, although also complex, was probably the perfect one for me. Although I was skeptical about how much I really liked it, it became my favorite map, especially after we learned how to launch the rocket and opened up all of the doors.

Later, Kino got a bit boring compared to Ascension, so Ascension is probably my favorite map! (If I still remember how to play it.) Kino is also fairly high up there, and it is my backup map for when I don't even know (Ascension) anymore.

i haven't really played for quite a while except recently at this other friend's house because I don't own a gaming console. I have to go to a friend's house to play it.

Arutea

Recruit
Kino, Kino, Kino!

I just know the ins and outs of that map and the song that plays when you collect all the meteorites is just so badass!

Kino's map was pretty balanced also since every room had it's own space and little corners that you could cut through to dodge the zombies faster. The only thing that I really don't like about Kino though is when the zombies that were in the Nova Gas chambers start coming out in the theater. it gets really cramped in there and there is literally nowhere to run :(

visto

Recruit
What I liked about the zombies here was that there was such a sense of humor about it. The characters were famous politicians and it was really clever. I mean Castro, Kennedy and Nixon blasting zombies together? That's hilarious.

Bob

Recruit
I know right? That's exactly what I meant. Don't forget that Secretary of Defense guy (I forgot his name)!

Hey Arutea, you said that the theater gets cramped because of the Nova Gas zombies? Have you tried running around the entire Kino complex? You have already gotten this far, so I am betting you know what it takes to dodge zombies. With juggernog added, it should be really easy to dodge the zombies that come at you in the beginning of the rounds.

After you've gotten a respectable line and no more zombies are coming at you, you can mow them down at random checkpoints around the map! For example, great places are in the lobby aimed at the theater entrance, the upstairs rooms aimed at the lobby's second floor, at the bottom of the stairs of the MP40 room before the dressing room, and in the theater aimed at the dressing room.

The key to Kino is repetition and rhythm. Do not break the consistency of what you do. If you keep on doing the same things, then you will definitely survive into the higher rounds.

The problem with this is that sometimes the map starts to get boring. You want to try new things, so you go out of your way to attempt them. Then you die. :D

Surviving to the higher rounds is hard because of other things you want to try. If you really really want to try them, leave a crawler by tossing a grenade at some zombies and hoping their legs are shaved off. Then, you can go to the places you want to check out such as the alley. Never go to the alley when you are actually fighting. If what you want to try out is some way to kill zombies, then you would be better off not doing it unless someone with a Thunder Gun has your back.

kamy

Recruit
Mines has to be Ascension not sure if thats how u spell it, its my fav because its an open wide map and the monkeys are not that hard to kill but it can be a challenge sometimes. Getting to packapunch can be a bit of a challenge sometimes but thats what i like about it.

I have a question for those that also have the classic maps. Are they worth it? Are they improved over the original WaW maps at all? DO they have the Blops guns or the guns from the original maps?

Bob

Recruit
Mines has to be Ascension not sure if thats how u spell it, its my fav because its an open wide map and the monkeys are not that hard to kill but it can be a challenge sometimes. Getting to packapunch can be a bit of a challenge sometimes but thats what i like about it.
I think that in the beginning rounds, monkeys are very easy. They get progressively harder later, though. The part that makes them hard is probably their small stature, so they always seem to get to the perks easily and unexpectedly. I think that it is also harder to see them jumping in later rounds. When they jump, you should jump too to avoid being knocked out for a bit. Anyways, they are fairly annoying, but they are part of what makes ascension fun.

The hard part about getting to pack-a-punch would probably be the need to open so many doors to get to the place where you launch the rocket. It seems as if once there, you don't even have enough money to pack-a-punch anymore! I guess you should only go there once you rack up an extraordinarily large amount of money. The pack-a-punch room is a great place to run circles, though, so I think it is worth it despite being able to pack-a-punch or not.

Ascension has many places to run around in. For example, the stage with the launch pad is a great place to go after you get out of the centrifuge room. Afterwards, you can run circles around the entire complex just below... there are places you can jump down if it gets too tough, and there are many useful traps (unlike Kino :p ). I really like the fire wall trap that you can shoot through without risk of being hit. The traps in Kino are really not worth it. Then, of course, is the pack-a-punch room, which is a vital place if you want to get to the higher rounds. Because of these separate places, it is very easy to fight independently and avoid conflicting zombie lines, which happens a lot to me in Kino. It is harder if someone goes down, and you have to revive them, but it should be pretty simple to get around the zombies. Pack-a-punched ballistic knife would be really helpful in that case.

samb222

Recruit
Mine's probably the most simple, basic, and classic Zombie map; Nacht Der Untoten. It was just fun because of how simple it was.

The zombies came fast, you could get a weapon from the mystery box and just get to high rounds. Only downside to me is that there isn't a

pack a punch machine....

Mine is definitely Ascension. I honestly think that's also the one that I've played the most. I also like the beginning and how you have to turn on the power and stuff :p

Greenbox390

Recruit
My favourite is also Ascension, mainly because it has the most variety, I think it's a great open space too, not too cluttered but not too big, just right pretty much.

My favourite is also Ascension, mainly because it has the most variety, I think it's a great open space too, not too cluttered but not too big, just right pretty much.

Yea, I hate maps that are too small. I always end up getting cornered and dying in a low round. There was this one really big map (it was a Black Ops DLC), but I forgot what it was called and I thought it was cool. Shangri La or something like that.

Rico

Recruit
Kino is my favorite map. I love the theater setting and the location of Pack-a-Punch. It's also a great map to make zombie trains on, just running around the stage.

sarz

Recruit
I have to say mine is ascension because it feels the most balanced and fun to me. No matter what round you're on, those monkeys will always get one of those perks. Everyone once in a while someone will invariably drop the ball and the perk is gone. If it's something like Speedy Cola then the next round just got far more interesting.

What's your favorite map and why?

Got to be Kino. Obviously we all know the trick of running round the stage to build up the Zombies. Not to mention the fact that you can find bits of meteor to activate the music. As far I am concerned Kino is and will always be the best Zombie map. Although the Whitehouse level is very good.

nicholiasiv

Recruit
I love the challenge of the map Moon. I have never really gotten further than a round somewhere in the teens. I haven't tried to complete any of the easter eggs in that map, but I do enjoy the fancy guns that they introduced in that map. I would agree with you in that Ascension is also one of my favorite zombie maps of all time. I perfected the grouping technique in that map and managed to get to some rather high rounds.

Mine is Moon. I love the setting, I love the mechanics, I love the story, I just love it all! In fact, I JUST came to this forum after finishing somewhere in round ~25 on a game of solo Moon. My main strategy is to turn on the power, and then camp the biodome after it is breached by the excavator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements