• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Fed up of having to press F to skip, each time I die

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
It's called the 'Killcam,' some times it shows best play of game, some times it shows the final kill. There's no option to turn it off. PlayStation and Xbox players have it worse: The square button only copies the players weapons. I use x to skip, and it sort-of skips, but in general you can't.

Hardcore skips killcam, but it's very hard to play hardcore for other reasons than hud removal (killcams included). In hardcore modes, any weapon is buffed.

King Mustard

Recruit
It's called the 'Killcam,' some times it shows best play of game, some times it shows the final kill. There's no option to turn it off. PlayStation and Xbox players have it worse: The square button only copies the players weapons. I use x to skip, and it sort-of skips, but in general you can't.

Hardcore skips killcam, but it's very hard to play hardcore for other reasons than hud removal (killcams included). In hardcore modes, any weapon is buffed.
Killcam! That's the one.

Very annoying after every death, especially in deathmatch games with lots of players.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Killcam! That's the one.

Very annoying after every death, especially in deathmatch games with lots of players.
The idea started with COD4: Modern Warfare (circa 2007), so it's been a staple of Call of Duty since then. There were modifications here and there, and it's evolved into what you see today with Modern Warfare (2019 soft-reboot). The general idea is once you die, you learn where the shooter killed you, and you seek revenge after that person. Usually its a camper. But Killcams in Modern Warfare is spotty, sometime you see the players' action, sometimes you don't. Other times it's glitchy.

The killcams arrive when you die, and when you finish the game, but the final kill/best play of game hides the loading for the next game.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements