• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Warzone Gone And Did Something Stoopid

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
I got ahold of a 500GB SSD drive.. I thought I would copy over all my COD games to the drive for faster access and (maybe) faster game play...

I copied over the BATTLENET, CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE and WARZONE directories to the 500GB and adjusted the Drive Letter accordingly..

I rebooted and went thru the process of "LOCATE" the game on the new drive, etc etc.. BattleNet prompted me to UPDATE so I did and then it went thru the SCANNING GAME FILES process..

Took about 30-40 mins to scan thru the files and then it said OOPS. SOMETHING WENT WRONG. TRY AGAIN??

I went thru that twice with no luck.. So I tried to put the old drive back in place and it did the same thing only much MUCH longer..

I really don't want to have to re-install the game as my 'Net connection is abysmal..

Did I step on my wee wee real bad here??

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
I'll give that a shot.. Thanx..

Another question.. Where are the Black Ops Cold War files located?? In the Modern Warfare dir??
I moved my files from my D drive to my C drive as that's the fastest SSD in my rig.

The folder name is Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War and my install is in the Program Files (x86) folder.

In your case you will most likely find a folder called Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War somewhere on the drive you installed the game onto or on the drive you copied the game onto,

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
For some reason my BOCW install is in my E:\WarZone\Call Of Duty Black Ops Cold War directory...

Wierd...

Anyways, I uninstalled BattleNet and re-installed...

It went thru the same UPDATE/SCANNING FILES process and then gave me the same error... :(

I did bring my rig into my work so if I have to re-install at least I have a Fiber Optic connection to install from..

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Very interesting..

I went ahead and did the LOCATE process for Black Ops Cold War... It update for a second or two and then gave me the PLAY prompt.. Apparently, it worked flawlessly...

I am at a loss to understand why Modern Warfare is giving me grief...

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Went ahead and did an uninstall and re-install.. Apparently, my work 'Net connection isn't as fast as I thought.. A 200GB install is gonna take about 4 hours..

Live and learn....

Had the same issue when I just wanted to scan and repair as I think my audio is messed up. Got the same error twice before I uninstalled & reinstalled overnight. Kept all my settings at least.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Welp, the install is done.. Seems to be working OK... I"ll know more when I get home..

If I had to do that install at home, it would have taken me 4 days! :D

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
Went ahead and did an uninstall and re-install.. Apparently, my work 'Net connection isn't as fast as I thought.. A 200GB install is gonna take about 4 hours..

Live and learn....
That is roughly how long it takes me to do a 40 or so gb update, so not a bad speed.

My new connection has been delayed, we are due to get fibre to the door, but due to unforseen circumstance our provider needs to dig up the garden and road in front of the house to run the cable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements