• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

How does Advanced Warfare compare to other CoD titles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bourge_21

Recruit
As best you can recall, how does Advanced Warfare compare to other titles that we play in similar settings (ex: early previews, conferences, etc)? It's no surprise that perceptions under these settings are more favorable than otherwise - for instance, general consensus on Ghosts was glowing when it was showed at similar venues.

Exo-suit abilities aside, what are your thoughts on the general gunplay? If you could compare it to any other COD in terms of responsiveness, effective TTK, recoil, spread, handling, ease of use, etc - which would it be?

jbepp

Recruit
From what I've from trailers and early previews, I think AW will keep the same gunplay that everyone knows and love, but adding a few other things to make it more interesting. The addition of exo-skeletons and futuristic guns will make the game much more interesting and it won't feel like an old game with a new skin.

I'm hoping that the extra movement capabilities will bring more skill to the game, rather than just run and shoot and see who kills who first. That's what i've loved about Destiny and Titanfall, its just as much about movement and strategy as it is about gunplay.

Baxate

Recruit
I personally have not enjoyed the COD titles since all the way back to Modern Warfare 2. The way the gun "feels" in my hands is just too different for me, in each game. The gun model itself can make a big impact on my gameplay. I really like a mechanic in CS:GO (Counterstrike: Global Offensive); which allows you to move your gun model to your preference. You can be right-handed or left-handed. You can move the gun forward or back, up or down. You can even change your crosshair to whatever you want. This is such a cool mechanic, one that allows a lot of individualism. I think that these would be great additions to the COD titles.

bourge_21

Recruit
I personally have not enjoyed the COD titles since all the way back to Modern Warfare 2. The way the gun "feels" in my hands is just too different for me, in each game. The gun model itself can make a big impact on my gameplay. I really like a mechanic in CS:GO (Counterstrike: Global Offensive); which allows you to move your gun model to your preference. You can be right-handed or left-handed. You can move the gun forward or back, up or down. You can even change your crosshair to whatever you want. This is such a cool mechanic, one that allows a lot of individualism. I think that these would be great additions to the COD titles.
Exactly. I also feel a bit annoyed by the feel of the guns in my hands, as if they are always new and unfamiliar. I don't know, I am often used to getting familiar with additional mechanics. In a week or two, I feel better.

Well when I first saw CoD Ghosts gameplay I was immediately disappointed by it, looked literally no different than MW2 or 3. With Advanced Warfare I was far more impressed with what I saw, they've made proper changes to the game which I'm actually looking forward to. I really liked Black Ops 2 but felt that they didn't take the future stuff far enough whereas with Advanced Warfare their bringing in new types of weapons and exosuits that add completely new elements to the gameplay.

GenevB

Recruit
From what I've from trailers and early previews, I think AW will keep the same gunplay that everyone knows and love, but adding a few other things to make it more interesting. The addition of exo-skeletons and futuristic guns will make the game much more interesting and it won't feel like an old game with a new skin.
Yeah, they shall make the game a lot of new things making it more interesting. All the futuristic guns and exo-skeletons may seem a bit to much but this way they keep updated with nowadays trends. It's a very good thing the shall keep the same gunplay though.

Qarnage

Recruit
I think the game has definitely evolved compared to the other titles. The core gameplay is looking to be the same as always but they have added many interesting things that will make the game exciting for both old and new players. The addition of the exo skeleton will definitely make the game harder I think but it will also open up many new tactics for players to use. I'd say if implemented right this game can be a lot more competitive.

They couldn't change Advanced Warfare too much from the CoD formula because then they'd just have to create a separate game. The core mechanics have to transfer over between future CoD games unless they all make those changes. While the Exo Suit adds elements that you obviously wouldn't find in non-future based CoD titles, they're not so ground-breaking or different than what we're used to, and this is done so that switching to the next CoD release isn't a jarring experience.

So each developer in the three-year development cycle needs to create games that stand out from each other, but not so much that they're just completely different games that could standalone as non-CoD titles.

bourge_21

Recruit
I go with Team Nice for the idea. I believe that CoD wouldn't change much of the previous game title for the latest. Modifications and enhancements may be most applied for the game plays, but not that much.

sarahxalex

Recruit
Call of Duty: AW is supposed to have a lot more advantages and be more dedicated to the player, but I am not too sure how that will be. They can't change the game too much because then it would be something completely random and that would not work. But as for the game getting better over the years, it definitely did. A lot of people did not enjoy the changes and the new games but I think the creators tried to get as creative as they could as far as different guns, scenery, adding new weapons. You just have to play the game with a positive mindset and not compare it to your favorite.

bourge_21

Recruit
That's the main thing I guess. There have been significant CoD titles lately, and the thrill in one game does not fare well with another. Anyway, CoD is fairly triumphant in the modifications, so even the few flaws may be excused.

dinomarino1

Recruit
i think its hard to get excited over a multiplayer based call of duty that has the same prestige system as every cod before it. there is no rewarding feeling for getting to max prestige because right when you get there the new cod comes out.

mrposter

Recruit
I think unfortunately for game devs, unless they somehow come up with some added experience (hinting at you Oculus Rift), the excitement will continue to die down with each installment, an fps is an fps.

bourge_21

Recruit
Rigged motivation though. If AW keeps the same gunplay then it would be very sustainable to keep the fun. Reinvention is another.

js85

Recruit
I think it's hard to compare any of the major name changes to each other (like, MW's are all in the same spectrum, BO are in the same spectrum, etc). But I think it's got the arcade-y feel that BO had (not a bad thing) with the battle feel of MW, and maps unlike any I've played in CoD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements