• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

How much will this game sell compared to Titanfall 2 and BF1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little bit worried that no one is going to buy this game because they hate it. And that they keep saying #RipCOD and want Battlefield 1 instead. Will this game still sell Millions in it's first week like it used to? Does COD Always sell Millions no matter the hate? And did people really hate Black Ops II That much? Because the hate isn't as much as Infinite Warfare's hate.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
The general consensus towards Infinite Warfare is better than it was during the first World Reveal trailer of the game. More and more people are saying "Okay, that looks good." Especially at E3.

I have no doubt Infinite Warfare will sell better than Ghosts. 3 Reasons: MP beta, 2 Extra bonuses (Terminal, and Zombies in Spaceland), and of course Modern Warfare Remastered.

The only game that will make a dent on Call of Duty is TitanFall 2. Battlefield 1 looks beautiful, but there's a lot of hate towards it, calling it a "Battlefront clone," when it's supposed to be backwards.

Honestly, I'm not worried about Infinite Warfare. I don't think Activision should be, either. They have the marketing muscle to push this beyond BO3. All they need is market the game in the right way. Otherwise, you know... Ghosts would be the least of their worries.

Ghosts did sell 20 million copies, so Infinite Warfare must be even more better. I just hope it sells more by word of mouth.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Ghosts did sell 20 million copies, so Infinite Warfare must be even more better. I just hope it sells more by word of mouth.
Dunno where you're getting that number, which I am reading now on Wikipedia that the game sold 19 Million units worldwide. But the game at launch was pretty abysmal, even Activision and investors were panicking. Sales were very low until Feb 2014. Usually sales are up during late November and then into Christmas.

This was by February 2014, so in Three months it sold Millions, this means that Infinite Warfare could sell very well.

Will this sell better than BOIII?

Also, if this sells better than Ghosts, and it gets Rave Reviews, can we expect Infinite Warfare 2 with MW2 Remastered in 2019?

Last edited:

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
This was by February 2014, so in Three months it sold Millions, this means that Infinite Warfare could sell very well.
Let me put it this way: By the first week of December, Black Ops 2 grossed 1 billion dollars.
Will this sell better than BOIII?
Yes, if Activision spends more than $100 Million in marketing. Yes.
Also, if this sells better than Ghosts, and it gets Rave Reviews, can we expect Infinite Warfare 2 with MW2 Remastered in 2019?
If the game sells better than Ghosts, then it gets Infinite Warfare 2. We may get MW2 Remastered sooner than 2019. All it boils down to is reception. Ghosts 2 doesn't exist because of the reception of Ghosts. Understand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements