• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

I can't even play this game

Waxha

Recruit
(Let me start off by saying I was playing the Steam version of the game, and I have tried pretty much all the YouTube tricks to try to get the game to work. So far nothing worked.)

I first purchased MWIII right around when the game came out, and right out of the gate, first game, I could tell that I was going to really enjoy playing it. The gameplay was smooth, and I was very happy with the movement mechanics. I was excited to continue playing; however, every other match after my first match was COMPLETELY unplayable. The game was like a slideshow, and a warning was next to the map that said "Packet loss." I tried and tried to get the game to work to no avail. I gave up and refunded the game.

Fast forward 2-3 months after, I upgraded my PC and internet, repurchased and reinstalled MWIII, and I still cannot play it. It's also giving me the same exact issues. After that I uninstalled and refunded the game again.

If you're curious about the upgrades, my CPU went from an Intel i7 6700 (non K) to a Ryzen 5 5600x, and my RAM went from 16 GBs to 32 GBs. I use a GTX 1660 super as my GPU, but that has stayed the same through the upgrade. My internet upgrade I did went from 200 mbps (megabits) to 1.2 gbps (gigabits).

I use my PC often. I also play multiplayer games on it all the time, so my question is: How can the game perform the exact same on better hardware and faster internet? Any advice or experience with this issue would greatly help.

Thank you.

P.S. I tried the shooting range mode (after I repurchased the game) where you could test guns, and the game ran perfectly fine.

P.P.S. The PC in question is a desktop and I use ethernet. Incase anyone thought that performance or internet connectivity was causing the issue.

What model is the monitor? While the 1660 Super is a good card it is a bit older now.

Do you have a buddy who lives nearby with a stronger, newer card that might be able to let you try it in your system for comparison?

Waxha

Recruit
What model is the monitor? While the 1660 Super is a good card it is a bit older now.

Do you have a buddy who lives nearby with a stronger, newer card that might be able to let you try it in your system for comparison?
It's a Vizio 4k HDR Amazon TV. It has a pretty good refresh rate. Everything I've thrown at it plays very smooth.

No I don't unfortunately.

The strange thing about this situation is that when I first got the game, and played my first MP match it played smooth, and the was with my old i7 6700 setup. After that match it played the exact same (very crappy) for both setups upgraded or not.

What is the model number of that tv?

Length of HDMI cable?

Have you got a monitor that you can try to compare?

Please check the settings ingame and set the values if you havent already. This will show info on what is happening to help with the solution hopefully. Check image below...

dothis.png

Have you played campaign mode yet and if so how did it run?

Reboot the modem. Check all your ingame settings because updates can reset some settings to default each time. Make sure to select DLSS ingame settings. What version of Windows?

In the nvidia control panel make sure that G-Sync is enabled.

Oh one thing that I forgot to mention is check your tv settings to see if it has a Gaming Mode selection. Sometimes that can help.

@Carlos, for sure! The trick is to find all possible variables to ensure that it is working optimally. The newer the version of the tv model the better. Lots of older 4k tv's are pegged at 60Hz and some are 120Hz and will make a big difference.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements