• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Warzone Kill cam inaccuracies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone explain why the kill cams NEVER truly show you what happened? I have yet to see one that showed what I saw, when I do get a kill cam. Just had one last match where a person was sliding and one shot me. Kill cam shows that didn't one shot, but shot me several times & threw a knife at me. I have a really good connection with a 75 Mbps.

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
Everything that you do in the game is sent to the server and each action is recorded, the same happens for each player in your game.

Due to differences in ping rates, some players data gets to the server sooner than other players data.

What the server then has to do, is decide what happened and in what order and then send the response back to the players involved.

Your kill can view is made when the server creates a reconstruction of the events from the servers point of view.

In your case above, it might have only taken one hit to kill you but the player in question might have fired several shots and thrown a throwing knife before you were hit by that fatal bullet.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Everything that you do in the game is sent to the server and each action is recorded, the same happens for each player in your game.

Due to differences in ping rates, some players data gets to the server sooner than other players data.

What the server then has to do, is decide what happened and in what order and then send the response back to the players involved.

Your kill can view is made when the server creates a reconstruction of the events from the servers point of view.

In your case above, it might have only taken one hit to kill you but the player in question might have fired several shots and thrown a throwing knife before you were hit by that fatal bullet.
In that case, then... the other person was lagging (in most cases, the cheating kind.)

I'm not addressing you. I'm just sayin' for the OP's info. Here is a lagswitch in action for your information, OP...

View: https://youtu.be/Ine-ludNqpU

I know its an old game, but you have to remember THE ENGINE inside Modern Warfare 2019, is the same one from COD4. Same. One.

Now, if you pay attention, sometimes the lagswitch skips frames, so even the person who is using it sees the skipping.

And, if you think I'm being hyperbolic... THIS is from a month ago...

View: https://youtu.be/EwgcyphqqH8

IF that was the case, then EVERY other player I have encountered has a better connection than I do which is at 75Mbps and 10 Mbps. It's EVERY kill cam, IF I get one at all. And I also never lag or have bad latency.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
IF that was the case, then EVERY other player I have encountered has a better connection than I do which is at 75Mbps and 10 Mbps. It's EVERY kill cam, IF I get one at all. And I also never lag or have bad latency.
I never accused you of lag, I meant someone else. Look at the 2nd video... The streamer was playing as normal, along comes loser "polly."

Wanna see something it’s not just you. I play a fiber optic connection of 400mb/s down 20mb/s up and a ping of around 15-20ms.

Watch this.... it’s the software, and it’s hit detection I’m shooting an AK-47 with 7.62 rounds and in rapid fire at center mass torso the guy that shoots me is getting hit top of the chest by six bullets in succession and he can still move forward look down a scope and take a shot?

By the way, he aims above my head “fires” and gets a lethal red hit markers seven feet up and too the left!!!!!! it’s just total bullshit no physics. Too Arcady

View: https://youtu.be/j4bUBi7iSBI

Last edited by a moderator:

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Wanna see something it’s not just you. I play a fiber optic connection of 400mb/s down 20mb/s up and a ping of around 15-20ms.

Watch this.... it’s the software, and it’s hit detection I’m shooting an AK-47 with 7.62 rounds and in rapid fire at center mass torso the guy that shoots me is getting hit top of the chest by six bullets in succession and he can still move forward look down a scope and take a shot?

By the way, he aims above my head “fires” and gets a lethal red hit markers seven feet up and too the left!!!!!! it’s just total bullshit no physics. Too Arcady

View: https://youtu.be/j4bUBi7iSBI
Fixed for you. :)

KeyboardDemon

75Mbps/10Mbps is simply a measure of how quickly data can be passed to or from your connection to your ISP's server.

Latency is a measure of how long it takes for data to travel between 2 points, those 2 points could be your PC to your router, typically this should be almost instant but usually takes a few milliseconds if all is running well. Next you can measure latency between your PC and your ISP server, this will take longer as your ISP will be miles from your connection, the further the distance, the longer it takes data to travel and the higher your latency will be.

Latency is measured through a network command, called a ping test, the greater the distance the longer it will take for your ping test to send a packet then have it bounce back to you. It's physics, it is the way networks run, and even if you have a 1Giga Byte connection to the internet, it doesn't address the distance challenges that exist between your connection, your ISP and the numerous hops that data needs to make to get to the game server. A hop being each point at which data moving across the internet meets a junction with another server, node, or other form of data interchange.

That's why we should pick local servers to keep ping rates as low as possible, if we picked a server on the other side of the world a combination of distance and the number of hops would just give us ping rates that would spoil the game for us and others on the server that we are playing with as they are higher than the average ping rates for other players on that server.

When there are 150 players on the server that means that the server must normalize 150 different ping rates so that all players get a smoother gaming experience, so it could introduce synchronization issues as a result, this can be seen in the server generated kill cam feeds.

The bottom line here is latency exists, because of the number of people in the game with you, that's why Warzone typically gets a lower frame rate than MW or CW, simply because of the way the server and the internet impact all simultaneous connections.

To say your connection alone is good, means you're ignoring the other 149 players that dropped with you when the round started.

KeyboardDemon

I have higher than comfortable lag on my connection, the house I live in didn't already have network cabling installed so I am using a PowerLine solution and this adds about 20-30ms to my ping between my PC and router, it puts me at a disadvantage to other players, despite my above average internet connection.

KeyboardDemon

In that case the nearest region to you would most likely be Asia, I think it is more likely that Australia and NZ are treated as part of Asia and not North America or the Americas.

I just had a look at the Online Services page at Activision Support where I found that are 16 server locations, including Australia, I expect that there will be more than 1 server in each of those countries with servers in different cities, but I was unable to find any evidence to back up these expectations.

Online Service Activision Support.jpg
This is the list of locations I was able to see, the USA in the top right and then the 15 remaining locations below.

In that case the nearest region to you would most likely be Asia, I think it is more likely that Australia and NZ are treated as part of Asia and not North America or the Americas.
Except, they are not.

Play Region​

Blizzard Global Play allows you to connect to game servers in regions outside your own, making it easy to play with your friends in other parts of the world. Global Play is available for all our games except for World of Warcraft.

The three play regions are:

• Americas for players in North America, Latin America, South America, Australia, and New Zealand.

For the record, I am in Canada. SW Ontario to be more precise, so no, Asia would not be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements