• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Little things to do to level up faster.

With the current season ending soon I thought I would post this to help players finish the current season or get a jump on next season when it comes out.

Challenges of course. Once you hit officer you get a large number of challenges for each level you rank up as well as daily and weekly challenges. Doing two or more at the same time will make this go even faster. Such as get x number of kills with 1 attachment combined with get x number of light machine gun kills while getting x number of kills with proximity mines.

Smaller Maps playlist. Play multiplayer and go for the smaller maps playlist as long as you don't care about your kill to death ratio. You will spend more time shooting and less time searching for the enemy. Game modes like hardpoint on shipment can net you large amounts of kills as teams struggle to hold the points. I don't play headquarters though because it slows down the game play. If you want to play something else like just TDM that is fine as well but it will take a little longer.

UAV's. Both UAV's and counter UAV's net you experience for your teammates killing an enemy. The UAV's let you know where the enemy is and is harder to shoot down while the counter UAV is helpful if you are not running ghost though it's not of any real use on smaller maps and much easier to destroy as it stays in place. Combine with hardline and you can spam UAV's every two kills keeping your team supported and netting you a steady stream of bonus experience for every kill your teammates get.

Munition boxes. These give you experience for each teammate who uses them and refunds rockets and grenades as well as completely fills your ammo. Works best on the larger maps though. Very useful if you run a gun that eats up ammo fairly quickly such as SMGs want to hold down a building or are just running low while on the go without needing to run scavenger.

Decoy grenades - Throw a few of these out and let the enemy come to you, even if you don't kill the enemy you rack up points as your teammates kill enemies giving you decoy assist points as well as regular assist points if you injure the enemy. They last a fairly long time and if combined with restock you can spam them easily messing with the enemy radar as it looks like you have more forces then you actually do.

Riot shields - While I am not a fan of the riot shield as a main weapon it has other uses as a secondary. Equip a riot shield on your back with the overkill perk and double time and you will be able to collect tags in game modes like grind and kill confirmed more easily to net those confirms and mega banks. If an enemy shoots the shield and a teammate kills them you get crowd control points. Combined with dead silence and double time to move even faster. Typically I run this with a shotgun to clear out anyone who gets in my way but focus mostly on tags getting the confirmed and denied points. There is also a setting for auto sprint and tactical sprint in the options menu that will make you run just by pushing forward but it can be hard to get used to as I gave up myself.

Riot shields are also very useful in hardpoint and domination as it allows you to capture more points giving you capture experience and crowd control points as the enemy shoots at you in vain while your team mates can kill them. Or keep it on your back to protect your rear as you capture a point yourself in domination while you watch the other way for the enemy. Using the battle hardened perk to counter flash bang and stun grenades and EOD to counter rockets and grenades will make you a tank. If an enemy calls in a sentry gun or Vtol you can score a ton of points if not running coldblooded. Once it starts shooting at you it will not stop and you gain experience points that multiplies every second netting you tons of XP as you protect your team by soaking up the damage giving your teammates time to take it down.

Spotter - Running spotter as your third perk will let you aim down sights and mark enemy equipment for your team giving you a small amount of experience as well as spot sentry guns and Vtols more easily as well as UAVs and counter UAV's to shoot down for easy experience points.

Recoil - Recoil is your friend in small doses. LMGs and some assault rifles can have a bit of a climb but this can be used to your advantage using burst fire. Aim for the chest and the gun will climb allowing for that head shot and long shot XP bonuses at range. Pushing your gun downward while firing at full auto can help keep it on target with a little practice.

Mini-Map - You can change the Mini-map in the settings from a circle to a square allowing you to see more of the area around you giving you more situational awareness and seeing enemies nearby you couldn't before while they can't see you if they are using the circular map giving you a slight advantage over the enemy.

Wiseowl

Recruit
With the current season ending soon I thought I would post this to help players finish the current season or get a jump on next season when it comes out.

Challenges of course. Once you hit officer you get a large number of challenges for each level you rank up as well as daily and weekly challenges. Doing two or more at the same time will make this go even faster. Such as get x number of kills with 1 attachment combined with get x number of light machine gun kills while getting x number of kills with proximity mines.

Smaller Maps playlist. Play multiplayer and go for the smaller maps playlist as long as you don't care about your kill to death ratio. You will spend more time shooting and less time searching for the enemy. Game modes like hardpoint on shipment can net you large amounts of kills as teams struggle to hold the points. I don't play headquarters though because it slows down the game play. If you want to play something else like just TDM that is fine as well but it will take a little longer.

UAV's. Both UAV's and counter UAV's net you experience for your teammates killing an enemy. The UAV's let you know where the enemy is and is harder to shoot down while the counter UAV is helpful if you are not running ghost though it's not of any real use on smaller maps and much easier to destroy as it stays in place. Combine with hardline and you can spam UAV's every two kills keeping your team supported and netting you a steady stream of bonus experience for every kill your teammates get.

Munition boxes. These give you experience for each teammate who uses them and refunds rockets and grenades as well as completely fills your ammo. Works best on the larger maps though. Very useful if you run a gun that eats up ammo fairly quickly such as SMGs want to hold down a building or are just running low while on the go without needing to run scavenger.

Decoy grenades - Throw a few of these out and let the enemy come to you, even if you don't kill the enemy you rack up points as your teammates kill enemies giving you decoy assist points as well as regular assist points if you injure the enemy. They last a fairly long time and if combined with restock you can spam them easily messing with the enemy radar as it looks like you have more forces then you actually do.

Riot shields - While I am not a fan of the riot shield as a main weapon it has other uses as a secondary. Equip a riot shield on your back with the overkill perk and double time and you will be able to collect tags in game modes like grind and kill confirmed more easily to net those confirms and mega banks. If an enemy shoots the shield and a teammate kills them you get crowd control points. Combined with dead silence and double time to move even faster. Typically I run this with a shotgun to clear out anyone who gets in my way but focus mostly on tags getting the confirmed and denied points. There is also a setting for auto sprint and tactical sprint in the options menu that will make you run just by pushing forward but it can be hard to get used to as I gave up myself.

Riot shields are also very useful in hardpoint and domination as it allows you to capture more points giving you capture experience and crowd control points as the enemy shoots at you in vain while your team mates can kill them. Or keep it on your back to protect your rear as you capture a point yourself in domination while you watch the other way for the enemy. Using the battle hardened perk to counter flash bang and stun grenades and EOD to counter rockets and grenades will make you a tank. If an enemy calls in a sentry gun or Vtol you can score a ton of points if not running coldblooded. Once it starts shooting at you it will not stop and you gain experience points that multiplies every second netting you tons of XP as you protect your team by soaking up the damage giving your teammates time to take it down.

Spotter - Running spotter as your third perk will let you aim down sights and mark enemy equipment for your team giving you a small amount of experience as well as spot sentry guns and Vtols more easily as well as UAVs and counter UAV's to shoot down for easy experience points.

Recoil - Recoil is your friend in small doses. LMGs and some assault rifles can have a bit of a climb but this can be used to your advantage using burst fire. Aim for the chest and the gun will climb allowing for that head shot and long shot XP bonuses at range. Pushing your gun downward while firing at full auto can help keep it on target with a little practice.

Mini-Map - You can change the Mini-map in the settings from a circle to a square allowing you to see more of the area around you giving you more situational awareness and seeing enemies nearby you couldn't before while they can't see you if they are using the circular map giving you a slight advantage over the enemy.
I like the map idea

init6

Recruit
As much as a pain as it can be sometimes it cannot be stressed enough. Do the challenges! It's all free experience. Daily, Weekley, anything you can find. Except warzone. F warzone.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Trophy System - Use the trophy system when playing hardpoint and domination to counter rocket spam and thrown projectiles for a little extra XP as you hold down the point to protect you and your team. They are a fast field upgrade meaning you can use them more often in a match but you can combine this with tune up to get them more often.

Deployable Cover - Allows you to deploy your own cover when there is none. Good for doing camo mounted challenges for your weapon while remaining mobile. Also helpful to block off doorways with no doors. Sadly dosen't work on doors that swing open. Combine with tune up to spawn these more quickly.

Shield Turret - Use shield turret with hardline to get it after two kills and kill chain so your kills with the turret allow you to get your higher level kill steaks. Combine with deployable cover or behind waist high cover to protect your legs. Windows work best as it allows you to shoot out but the enemy can't get you.

Pointman - Someone shared this one with me on reddit and it works pretty nicely. Run pointman on grind and kill someone carrying alot of tags. When you cash them in you will get points toward killstreaks. I was able to get a UAV, sentry gun, and airstrike with one kill. Works well with kill confirmed also since you get both points for killing enemies and collecting tags. Was able to run around to the enemy spawn on shoot house and kill three kills from snipers sitting on the ledge facing the middle and got my sentry gun out.

Sentry Guns - Place a sentry gun on a point in domination and rack up some extra experience points as the enemies come to try and take the point.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements