• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

New Battle Pass weapons and their season trends.

XYZman

Recruit
So the trend I have noticed through the seasons is that when a battle pass is released with new weapons they are always Overpowered(OP) and I believe this to be done on purpose. With season passes becoming the new video game trend they realize if they sell the battle pass, and then sell variant to skip the battle pass or speed it up because players see the weapons' are and want it they can increase revenue and once players complain enough and they(IW) realizes their in game sales have peaked because of the OP weapons being sold as variants for people to gain them immediately, they ppretend they have been listeni8ng totheir audiece the whole time and nerf them to the levels they should've began at. and at this point all is A-Okay. Call of duty made a boat load of money, altered the meta for a month, and got good PR from "listening to the playerts". It's way too much of a trend to be coincidental. What is your take?

So the trend I have noticed through the seasons is that when a battle pass is released with new weapons they are always Overpowered(OP) and I believe this to be done on purpose. With season passes becoming the new video game trend
they realize if they sell the battle pass, and then sell variant to skip the battle pass or speed it up because players see the weapons' are OP and want them fast. They can increase revenue by creating a demand for an OP weapon and once players complain enough and they(IW) realizes their in game sales have peaked because of the OP weapons being
sold as variants for people to gain them immediately, they pretend they have been listening to their audience the whole time and nerf them to the levels they should've began at. At this point all is A-Okay. Call of duty made a boat
load of money, altered the meta for a month, and got good PR from "listening to the players". Meanwhile average players who try to play casual and earn everything like old games catch the shaft. It's way too much of a trend to be coincidental. What is your take?

shinya2104

Recruit
So the trend I have noticed through the seasons is that when a battle pass is released with new weapons they are always Overpowered(OP) and I believe this to be done on purpose. With season passes becoming the new video game trend they realize if they sell the battle pass, and then sell variant to skip the battle pass or speed it up because players see the weapons' are and want it they can increase revenue and once players complain enough and they(IW) realizes their in game sales have peaked because of the OP weapons being sold as variants for people to gain them immediately, they ppretend they have been listeni8ng totheir audiece the whole time and nerf them to the levels they should've began at. and at this point all is A-Okay. Call of duty made a boat load of money, altered the meta for a month, and got good PR from "listening to the playerts". It's way too much of a trend to be coincidental. What is your take?

So the trend I have noticed through the seasons is that when a battle pass is released with new weapons they are always Overpowered(OP) and I believe this to be done on purpose. With season passes becoming the new video game trend
they realize if they sell the battle pass, and then sell variant to skip the battle pass or speed it up because players see the weapons' are OP and want them fast. They can increase revenue by creating a demand for an OP weapon and once players complain enough and they(IW) realizes their in game sales have peaked because of the OP weapons being
sold as variants for people to gain them immediately, they pretend they have been listening to their audience the whole time and nerf them to the levels they should've began at. At this point all is A-Okay. Call of duty made a boat
load of money, altered the meta for a month, and got good PR from "listening to the players". Meanwhile average players who try to play casual and earn everything like old games catch the shaft. It's way too much of a trend to be coincidental. What is your take?
I have had this thought for quite some time now, especially with the spr 203 being so broken,and everyone complaining. People bought loads of tiers just to access the weapon early before its nerfed. its a money making scheme thats for sure,and pathetic bussiness practice at that.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements