• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

New Rule: ONE clan recruitment thread per clan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
We've been seeing a few of you clans posting clan recruitment threads more than once and I'm not liking it because I'm trying to be as fair as possible to clans that want to boost their numbers.

If you want to boost your numbers - take my advice. Take your clan really serious, show us that you mean business when it comes to competitive clan battles.

Here are great examples of "serious" clans with large numbers:

True Talent
Grey Fox
Death Bringers

You wanna know why they get a lot of members? They spend money - everything from their server, to the forum software they use, to actively advertising their sites and not spamming their recruitment threads by a single person. Or multiple clan members.

They all never came back to "bump" their recruitment thread, and they never came back to post a new thread. By doing this, they all look better as a clan.

Here are examples of desperation of a clan is below:

FoD - Foundations of Destruction #1 - This user was bumping, so that the thread could appear on the top of threads. Don't do this. If visitors want to come to your site, they will.
FoD - Foundation of Destruction #2 - This thread alone had 600+ views, and they were worried about their clan being in obscurity? Bumping threads makes you look desperate.
FoD - Foundation of Destruction #3 - They made a new thread, making them look even more desperate than when they bumped threads.

Do you see the pattern here, because they're all different clan members within FoD, abusing the forum by making a new thread each time. I have made it perfectly clear to them I do not want this. They didn't listen, now their clan is just embarrassing - the clan in name is now fully banned from CODForums.

Your clan's reputation is very important, so the first thing you do is NOT re-post a recruitment thread.

Secondly, I would like to take this moment to say that those of you with free-forum solutions such as Enjin, should really consider getting yourselves a paid server and a self-hosted forum - it does not matter if you're on phpbb, vbulletin, mybb, or xenforo - your clan needs to be seen as a serious contender in order to to be taken seriously, here's an example of a user not liking free-forum solution.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Bumping is when someone replies to their own thread in hopes of "bumping" the thread to the top of the forum.

For example, when you made your own clan thread, you wait a day or two, and you notice that other clans are getting more attention, you reply to your own thread and therefore it's on top of the forum.

I don't fall for these "update" posts, either because it's essentially the same thing.

immortalis

Recruit
Suggest Making a different post with the clan list in it as a sticky so when your post id three pages down they will have the list still on the top would stop people form bumping or up dating i know its work but hey only a suggestion..

Beau Jack

Recruit
Hey I accidently posted a recruitment here and apparently my clan leader was already here I was wondering if I could get it took down or something because apparently it got him banned from here

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Hey I accidently posted a recruitment here and apparently my clan leader was already here I was wondering if I could get it took down or something because apparently it got him banned from here
Don't worry about it. If you want to participate more in the community, you are welcome to. Go on. I won't bite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements