• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

nzxt 710i case custom front and top

freakdaddy64

Recruit
if anyone is familiar with nzxt cases then you know they have solid cases with no mesh top or front and i found this place that has them what do you think im thinking of getting the one with dots.

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
Putting a vented top on your case will allow for better exhaust which is worth doing at a cost of less fan noise dampening so your PC might sound louder.

Adding a vented front panel will increase air coming in, but also allow more dust in and again more noise.

I would only had a vented front panel if I had temperature issues, but if I could get something with a custom design on it, then I might put up with extra noise and dust to improve the aesthetics.

freakdaddy64

Recruit
the 5600x runs a little hotter then the 3600 and the front of pc has a nice magnetic screen to help with dust and will allow me to see the rgb fans. and the top will help let alot more warmer exhaust out so i ordered this one and the top and we will see. ill post a video of it when they arrive. hopefully next week as they come from portagul but says 4 to 5 days.

freakdaddy64

Recruit
my new front and top case covers have been shipped and i am excited they going to be awsome. i will post video on my youtube when i have them.

freakdaddy64

Recruit
well i got the covers both had a small crack coldzero shipped new ones out right away but this is video of how they look,you cant see the cracks. they are held on with magnets and are very light but very fragile and i really like them and will have better intake and better exhaust.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUn-EJr4hJc

and if you look closely you will see the asus b550 f motherboard.

KeyboardDemon

I would expect to see a 2-3c difference as the NZXT cases are usually good for ventilation, so I'm not really expecting a massive temperature difference.

I didn't expect the result would look as good as it does, vented front looks better than I thought it would, it's good to see the RGB on the fans, though your current RGB setup would be too distracting for me. I'd really like to see you go back to your red, white, and blue theme that you have some time ago.

freakdaddy64

Recruit
so far im seeing 6 to 8 degrees cooler with nzxt cam. before i had front off and temps were about the same so im thinking the difference is that the top is exhausting more now and thats making the difference.

KeyboardDemon

so far im seeing 6 to 8 degrees cooler with nzxt cam. before i had front off and temps were about the same so im thinking the difference is that the top is exhausting more now and thats making the difference.
That sounds like a reasonable assessment.

Well done. That's a good result.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements