• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

DMZ On XP Scoring

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
I have made up a scale on what constitutes a "good" game or a "bad" games based on your end of match XP score..

Was curious how other players feel about this..

0-5,000 XP - Shitty game. Totally scroo'ed da pooch
5,001-10,000 - Decent Game. Nothing spectacular, but not horrible either
10,001 - 15,000 - Great Game. Did almost everything right
15,000 + - Awesome Game. You should be playing professionally

I am consistently in the 5K-10K range, but have seen my fair share of shitty games..

This last game I played though was interesting..

It was a run of the mill game.. Killed a bunch of AIs, no operator contact and opened 2 safes..

But my XP score was the highest I have ever had..

XPstats.jpg

Judging from the match itself, I would have expected a score in the 7-8K range..

I am wondering if I extracted with something, some item that increased my XP...

I have heard of the HBS Glitch, where you can put HeartBeat Sensors in a dead drop and get 10K for each one you drop..

But I don't think I had anything spectacular. A jar of hand cream.. I dropped some items (3-PLT, Revives, Etc) when I exfil'ed...

So I dunno.. It's weird...

Archangel72

Fallen Angel
I sometimes rank in the 5 to 10k area but run typically more in the 10 to 15k area and have had a handful of games over 20k had one like 2 nights ago that was 21k

I was freaking about it!

have gone from level 590ish to 608? in like 3 or 4 nights of playing seems like I am rolling 3-4 levels at least every night

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Did you pick up a lot of cash from the safes?
Yea, that was probably it.. :D

I sometimes rank in the 5 to 10k area but run typically more in the 10 to 15k area and have had a handful of games over 20k had one like 2 nights ago that was 21k

I was freaking about it!

have gone from level 590ish to 608? in like 3 or 4 nights of playing seems like I am rolling 3-4 levels at least every night

Damn dood!!! That's next level shit!! :D

Archangel72

Fallen Angel
Yeah last night I ran thru 4 times with my guy 3 times I was able to get a med vest one time it was a coms vest and well.. Got wiped out at exfil everytime.. sigh people just love to camp exfils now.. it sucks

Edit opps forgot to say on each of those runs I earned 11 to 13k and all I did was run around looting items. Although the last time I did get out and DID kill the scavenger and got his bag I think that was a 19k round

Archangel72

Fallen Angel
Oh I was talking EXP

Heh cash If I can I spend like heck that much I would have tried to buy my own personal exfil

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
measure how good a game I've played using different metrics, first I have a binary scale that goes like this:

Did I have fun?
1 for yes, 0 for no. Anything below 1 is a bad game.

But then I have another metric that I use, which looks like this:

Did I learn anything that I can use to make my next game better.
1 for yes, 0 for no. Anything below 1 is a bad game.

Something that I worked out a long time ago is that a bad player can earn the same amount of XP in 100 games as a really skillful player can earn in a fraction of that number of games.

I think too many people play games like CoD are too focussed on metrics like XP and K/D, which is fine if that's your thing. But make sure having fun sits above that on your priorities.

Archangel72

Fallen Angel
I personally am looking to accomplish a goal of something when I load in.

1 Can I complete mission XYZ
or
2. Is this A rebuilding run where I need at least a medium bag and a medic or coms 3 plate. I see the stealth ones and have 2 maybe 3 skins with them and I am like meh what do I care about a UAV and they do not work for the enhanced UAV's from my understanding.. So Medic is better if I am with a team and Coms if I am running solo...

If I cannot get those things done or do the next step is
3 successful Xfil and those do not matter if I complete a mission or not. If I can survive getting out I am content.

freakdaddy64

Recruit
i was just kidding about cash. i play to accomplish missions or maybe to get some contraband weapons but since i have two insured slots open and one mission away from my 3rd and i have 4 15 min cooldown weapons im not sure ill be that intrested anymore in dmz depnding on what new seasons have to offer

hopefully they have plans for new dmz maps because al mazrah is definatly getting boring unless they would do dmz like warzone with solo duos and trios

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
i was just kidding about cash. i play to accomplish missions or maybe to get some contraband weapons but since i have two insured slots open and one mission away from my 3rd....
I was just messing too, but I am guessing you knew that already, having fun is important, but setting and then achieving goals or objectives is fun, though from the comments above, it does seem that scoring XP alone is not 1 of the highest priorities in games.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
i dont pay attetion to xp

It's the only metric we got.. At least the only metric that we can point to..

I agree, having fun is paramount.. But it's nice to point to a score that places you.. That's why I liked PLUNDER so much.. It gave me something tangible I can point to and be proud of..

In DMZ I am at 623 XP with a 12 Prestige...

To paraphrase Tom Cruise in A FEW GOOD MEN...

"Now, I don't know what all that means, but it sounds pretty {good}"

:D :D

Im at 385 right now and to be honest it is just a number to me. I dont play a lot of hours. I play for fun and to try to complete the daily challenges as presented in the "Quick Play" mode. My XP numbers obvious go up on their own but I am not watching any global or personal leaderboard.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements