• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Party can hear me and each other but I can't hear them

King Mustard

Recruit
I have:
  • Voice Chat set to Enabled
  • Voice Chat Recording Mode set to Push to Talk
  • Voice Chat Volume set to 200.00
  • Microphone Volume set to 200.00
When in a party, they can hear me and each other but I can't hear anyone.

Any ideas?

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Assuming your headphone (headphones??) speakers check out, there are 2 different areas to check audio..

OPTIONS===>AUDIO in the game itself..

And OPTIONS===>GAMES SETTINGS===>VOICE CHAT in your Battle Net window...

This pre-supposes you are on a PC... If yer a Console Kiddie (OK, that's uncalled for.. My apologies :D) then I am a rebel without a clue...

King Mustard

Recruit
Assuming your headphone (headphones??) speakers check out, there are 2 different areas to check audio..

OPTIONS===>AUDIO in the game itself..

And OPTIONS===>GAMES SETTINGS===>VOICE CHAT in your Battle Net window...

This pre-supposes you are on a PC... If yer a Console Kiddie (OK, that's uncalled for.. My apologies :D) then I am a rebel without a clue...
The four bullet points above are my in-game settings.

I can voice-chat through Battle.net just fine, so it's just the game with issues.

The problem with using Battle.net is that my friend and I often play, so the third person in a Battle Royale team, who will be a stranger, can't hear me, which affects teamwork.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
I am confused. What exactly do you mean by it works thru battle.net but not thru the game.. I am not much of a gamer beyond MW2019, so I am not sure exactly what yer saying..

If you like, we can hook up in MW2019 and see if we can check thru the issues.. I have some errands to run this morning but should be able to get in around noon-ish EDT (FL USA) time...

King Mustard

Recruit
I am confused. What exactly do you mean by it works thru battle.net but not thru the game.. I am not much of a gamer beyond MW2019, so I am not sure exactly what yer saying..

If you like, we can hook up in MW2019 and see if we can check thru the issues.. I have some errands to run this morning but should be able to get in around noon-ish EDT (FL USA) time...
Basically, I can't hear anyone talking in MW (no issues in any other computer game / program, so it's a game bug).

To get around this, I can open my Friends list in the Battle.net client and start a voice call with no issue.

However, using this workaround, I can only call my friend. If my friend and I start a Warzone match, there would be a third person that's a stranger and, as I'm chatting to my friend via. the Battle.net client and not in-game, the stranger wouldn't hear me, which hinders teamwork.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Oh.. OK I think I get it.. As I said, I am kinda new to this whole gamer thing.. And we always used TEAMVIEWER for comms back in the old RAVEN SHIELD days.. :D

Lemme look thru the MW2019 audio settings and see if anything jumps out at me.. And we can hook up around noon and test somethings if ya like..

King Mustard

Recruit
Here is my MW2019 game AUDIO settings
<screenshot snipped>
I appreciate your help.

The game doesn't have a setting to turn off voice streams from your party, so there's no reason why I can't hear my party speak in-game (unless I had the game volume down, which I didn't).

Basically, it's not a game setting, it's a game bug that Infinity Ward needs to fix.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
No prob..

What I don't get is why it's not happening with others..

I play with my son and his friend (they are on Consoles) and we don't have any issues... It's obviously not a PC or Win10 issue or else you would see the prob in other gaming..

It's a boogle...

King Mustard

Recruit
No prob..

What I don't get is why it's not happening with others..

I play with my son and his friend (they are on Consoles) and we don't have any issues... It's obviously not a PC or Win10 issue or else you would see the prob in other gaming..

It's a boogle...
It could be number of things. For example, I have several playback devices and several recording devices:

Playback
  • "Corsair HS60 Pro Surround" USB headset (set to default in Windows when I'm gaming)
  • "Realtek High Definition Audio"
  • "Oculus Virtual Audio Device" for my Oculus Quest
  • "DFX Audio Enhancer"
Recording
  • "Corsair HS60 Pro Surround" USB headset (set to default in Windows)
  • "Oculus Virtual Audio Device" for my Oculus Quest
With the above defaults set, no other game or program anywhere (I play a lot of online games with friends) have issues. So it's a game problem with my configuration.

Basically, every system is different.

What I may try to do, later, is disable everything but the defaults (although they shouldn't make a difference, as audio devices not set to default do nothing unless, in this instance, the game, selects a different audio device to use.

Trankii

Recruit
I bow to your expertise.. :D You have gone way past my pay grade.. :D

Lemme know if you want to do some testing.. My current Gamer Tag is 'SheldonCooper' :D
I got the same problem, but I can't hear anyone in game. I can see our voice chat logo when we talk but I can't actually hear them while they can hear me loud and clear.

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
I recommend using Discord instead of in game chat.

Then, if the chart works through BattleNet then go into BattleNet and turn off all chat options and then go into the game and set up voice options there.

I'm going to assume all players in your squad are invited to join your party, if not set up a party, invite all players and then join a lobby to start a game.

Trankii

Recruit
I recommend using Discord instead of in game chat.

Then, if the chart works through BattleNet then go into BattleNet and turn off all chat options and then go into the game and set up voice options there.

I'm going to assume all players in your squad are invited to join your party, if not set up a party, invite all players and then join a lobby to start a game.
I usually use discord but my friends are on ps4 so that won't work, and all of my battle net audio options are set to default.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements