• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

PC or Mac?

hanseung

Recruit
I actually have no idea how to use a Mac, and I just cannot figure it out. So, I much prefer the PC. I've always wanted to buy a Mac for personal use and I don't think it would be that bad just for writing documents or browsing the web. Also, the Mac is hardly even a computer... because I can't decipher the navigation, haha. I love my PC!

PC definitely! PC's have so much things to offer that Mac's don't. You can easily replace or upgrade parts on a PC, but it's pretty complicated on a Mac since it's all one part. Besides, building a PC yourself is much cheaper and better than a decent Mac. The keyboard on a Mac is pretty annoying too, in my opinion. Why an "apple button" instead of a control button? Just seems redundant.
PC all the way!

KNH

Recruit
If you're a big time gamer, get a PC. I love my Macbook Pro even though I never thought I would say that, but I only use it to watch shows/movies and do work on it. The good thing is the low amount of viruses, but PCs are much more customizable and oftentimes cost less.

Digitalizing

Recruit
I prefer PC's since I've always used them. I like the customization it has over the macs. I've used macs and they are decent but not what I look for in a computer.

goldenmaine

Recruit
I have always been a PC user ever since because I don’t like the Mac that much because of its restrictions and it looks complicated for me. At home we have both a Mac and a PC but I always prefer to use our PC, and whenever I would try to use our Mac, I would always ask help from my brother regarding the commands and interface. More importantly, it’s easier for me to play games in the PC since I’ve been used to it.

nekroz

Recruit
I prefer PC, not saying Mac OS is bad or anything, I'm simply more used to Windows. Though I wouldn't say Mac is hard to use, it's fairly intuitive but again, just not as used to it as I am to Windows. That being said, getting a Mac that you could customize yourself would be best, since then you'd have the best of both worlds.

harpazo22

Recruit
I don't think Macs are good platforms for gaming. They just don't work as well as PC. And yes PC is much cheaper.

pwarbi

Recruit
If I had to choose between the two, I would also have to go with a Windows PC over the Mac, as to put it plain and simple, I just don't like Apple products.

Not only do I not like the brand, and the fact that it aims more at the fashion conscious people, I don't like their UI on any of their devices either.

zuulspaceman

Recruit
I have to go with PC. Macs are not something that I like to put money into because they are just making you pay for the logo and not really the tech inside. They make it to where their hardware is outdated within a year so they can sell you another computer or new OS. They're money grubbing and it works well because who wants to say their expensive computer kind of sucks?

nusster

Recruit
When I worked in the office, I had a Mac, but I honestly didn't enjoy working on it that much. Now that I've switched to working from home, I'm working only on PC. I recently had the opportunity to purchase a dirt cheap Mac, but I had to walk away because now matter how good the offer, I still had no need for it.

Cyphix

Recruit
If you are gaming, you would want to go the PC route all the way to the top. The reason being that all software is usually programmed with the Windows architecture in mind. Have you ever tried to play games on a mac computer? It's a pain in the ass, and usually isn't worth it for the amount of time you spend trying to get it to work. Macs however are good for working in the graphic design world as they aren't as clogged up with resource hogging processes in the background making your workflow grind to a screeching halt. At least that's what I have heard, could be absolutely wrong though.

nusster

Recruit
If you are gaming, you would want to go the PC route all the way to the top. The reason being that all software is usually programmed with the Windows architecture in mind. Have you ever tried to play games on a mac computer? It's a pain in the ass, and usually isn't worth it for the amount of time you spend trying to get it to work. Macs however are good for working in the graphic design world as they aren't as clogged up with resource hogging processes in the background making your workflow grind to a screeching halt. At least that's what I have heard, could be absolutely wrong though.

Yeah, that is true. I have designer friends who swear by their Macs. But truth be told, you can't play games on it. At least not a lot of them. Recently, more and more developers have been adapting their games to be playable on Mac as well, but PC is the place to be for games and it'll likely stay that way for a long while.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements