• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Tactical Gaming

Please ban or limit c4! It literally takes no skill. I was flying im a heli and all they have to do is jump and double tap square. Make it to were the

Wiseowl

Recruit
We had a lecturer when I was at Uni that would tie scissors to a mettle loop bolted on a wall to stop students from walking away with the scissor, the unintended use of the scissors was to cut the string that tied them to the wall. We are always looking for loopholes or ways to get around limitations, like jumping around corners, drop-shotting, pre-aiming, picking up fallen enemy weapons when running low on ammo etc... Not all of these things are bad to all people, but someone will offense to any of those things if it gets them killed when it is done.

I joined this forum during the last 2 weeks of season 2, in that time I have seen threads requesting nearly everything get stopped, banned or changed in some way or other,

I don't know if we can do polls on this forum, but I suspect that the spread of things members would like to have banned or changed is massive, so my point was simply taking out everything that people have complained about will leave us running around pointing our fingers at each other and shouting bang until someone complains about fingers or other players shouting bang too loudly etc...
What a good idea, a voice controlled game lmao!

One of us should definitely do a poll, l was thinking of it but never had the energy lol!

Tactical Gaming

If you got killed by a c4 while you were in a chopper I can only imagine that you either...
a) - were trying to land on them with the chopper for an easy kill ( you deserved it for being "one of those" players )
Or b) - they set a trap and detonated it when you got in/near the chopper ( reasonable play )

As far as a "limit" to c4 - you can only carry two.

DizzyDemon

Recruit
If you got killed by a c4 while you were in a chopper I can only imagine that you either...
a) - were trying to land on them with the chopper for an easy kill ( you deserved it for being "one of those" players )
Or b) - they set a trap and detonated it when you got in/near the chopper ( reasonable play )

These are some of the things that crossed my mind as well.

Also, assuming there is a maximum distance that lethal equipment can be thrown, my impression was that the helicopter must have been within range to be hit by C4. Then add this to the maximum possible jump height, if a player was skilled enough to time a throw so that the C4 is released at the point of maximum height on a jump and hit a moving helicopter with 2 C4 packages and detonate before landing, then that really is some skilful play.

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
Agree 100% - if you died to C4 in a chopper you deserved it. Both examples you mention are C4 being used as it was designed to take out a vehicle. Better gameplay is how you avoid dying in that way.

This is a limit yes, but it's not good enough. Pulling out C4, throwing it, and insta-detonating it happens too quickly. This makes it an effective counter in CQC instead of, using a weapon. Simply removing the insta-detonate would pretty much nerf that ability and relegate it back to using it how you described.

The issue with RPGs is similar - you can equip one and fire it way too quickly, and carrying 6 of them is absurd. Should be able to carry 2 max, and maybe double the equip/ADS times. This would prevent them being used like CQC shotguns which, I shouldn't have to stress this so hard, is not how they are designed to be used.

A slight nerf to both of these would cut down on people abusing them as CQC shotgun style weapons. At the same time I would add a "battery" to the HB sensor so you can't use it 916 times a match. Maybe 10 uses and the battery dies, so you need to conserve the uses. This would help balance it with the other tacticals.

Tjhutch43

Recruit
These are some of the things that crossed my mind as well.

Also, assuming there is a maximum distance that lethal equipment can be thrown, my impression was that the helicopter must have been within range to be hit by C4. Then add this to the maximum possible jump height, if a player was skilled enough to time a throw so that the C4 is released at the point of maximum height on a jump and hit a moving helicopter with 2 C4 packages and detonate before landing, then that really is some skilful play.
It's just on the roof tops when I flew over one of them

I'm not sure however they just need to regulate the RPGs I know that for a fact 6 is too many
Agree 100% - if you died to C4 in a chopper you deserved it. Both examples you mention are C4 being used as it was designed to take out a vehicle. Better gameplay is how you avoid dying in that way.

This is a limit yes, but it's not good enough. Pulling out C4, throwing it, and insta-detonating it happens too quickly. This makes it an effective counter in CQC instead of, using a weapon. Simply removing the insta-detonate would pretty much nerf that ability and relegate it back to using it how you described.

The issue with RPGs is similar - you can equip one and fire it way too quickly, and carrying 6 of them is absurd. Should be able to carry 2 max, and maybe double the equip/ADS times. This would prevent them being used like CQC shotguns which, I shouldn't have to stress this so hard, is not how they are designed to be used.

A slight nerf to both of these would cut down on people abusing them as CQC shotgun style weapons. At the same time I would add a "battery" to the HB sensor so you can't use it 916 times a match. Maybe 10 uses and the battery dies, so you need to conserve the uses. This would help balance it with the other tacticals.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Please fix the skull hammer blueprint dismemberment. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
S Hardcore Warzone PLEASE! Call of Duty: WarZone 9
F gulag waiting time too long: 30 seconds maximum please Call of Duty: WarZone 2
F SKILL BASED MATCHMAKING PLEASE Call of Duty: WarZone 9
F ANTICHEAT SYSTEM PLEASE Call of Duty: WarZone 0
F please deactivate voice in gulag Call of Duty: WarZone 10
M Modern warfare montage! please check it out! Call of Duty Media 0
VelocityxApe Please check This out! Call of Duty Media 0
H Please explain too me Call of Duty: WarZone 12
M Can we please adjust the idiotic "Corner-Jump Meta" Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 8
S Please make BR 'Classic' a permanent addition Call of Duty: WarZone 8
Povstreaming Follow me please. Call of Duty Media 1
P Please add a FOV slider for console on modern warfare? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
L Please add money back to boxes Call of Duty: WarZone 11
B I absolutely stink at this game - please help Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 6
K Call of Duty Mobile help, please General Call of Duty 1
H Please explain too me General Call of Duty 0
K Punish one group to please another. Call of Duty: WarZone 5
S Spent 30 hours getting footage/editing this montage. Please Enjoy! Call of Duty Media 0
R Please bring back Plunder with TRIOS and QUADS Call of Duty: WarZone 3
R Please Help me with this Call of Duty: WarZone 0
W Buying from cod store? Please someone answer! Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 7
BeneathGod Please Make Realism and Night varient a core playlist Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 6
A Noob help please Call of Duty: WarZone 3
P FPS DROP, HELP PLEASE Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
B Help please with download Call of Duty: WarZone 1
P Someone please explain!! Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
S Can We Please Change This Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 6
M please help me Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4
H Fov question, please help Call of Duty: WarZone 0
H Can we please have shoot the ship mode back as... Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
C Hi i really need help please [PC] Shadow texture glitch from distance Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
AidsMaid PSN Inv me for SnD please - USA/PSN Clan Chat 1
R Please read! Call of Duty Media 0
I Is anybody else having this same promblem ? (Please gets Treyarch's attention) General Call of Duty 3
Iaudio_JT Comeback video!! Give pointers please! Call of Duty Media 3
VoiDProjects Multi Go join this discord please Clan Chat 0
C PLEASE Treyarch, do NOT General Call of Duty 1
P Xbox Live Clan please Clan Recruitment 2
I PSN Hardcore TDM and KC players looking for a clan, please read Clan Recruitment 3
X Xbox Live Please read Need recruits for clan Clan Chat 0
C PC DS4 Controller not working, please help General Call of Duty 3
M Pretty sure im the worst BO3 player ever!! Please confirm? General Call of Duty 1
CneTT Please Give Me Feedback On My First Video! Call of Duty Media 0
TenSioN Doodle My New Montage! Please subscribe and like! Call of Duty Media 0
J Check out my channel please guys leave a like, comment and subscribe! Call of Duty Media 0
T PSN Please leave your psn Clan Chat 0
H Please guys check my youtube channel! :) Call of Duty Media 0
D Heavy lag when entering Public match? Please help! General Call of Duty 1
D Port Opening help needed please General Call of Duty 1