• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Warzone please deactivate voice in gulag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashshark

Recruit
Many teams give advice over voice if more than on e player is in gulac (enemy left /right go left/right eg.),,,
Thas very unfair to the players without temmmates in voice or in gulac,,,,
Solution: Deactivate voice in Gulac!

Thanks for fairness!

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
deal with it u can do it to and dont forget its a team game so you cant take it out
What he's complaining about is teams being able to communicate on mic. Your team can tell you where a particular player is. His team can tell him where his opponent is, and likewise his opponents' team can too. Thing is, he's complaining about the other side. It was never about him listening to his team.

I like the current gulag. It's balanced enough that everyone gets a fair shot. The problem is like the rest of the game: Hit detection.

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
What he's complaining about is teams being able to communicate on mic. Your team can tell you where a particular player is. His team can tell him where his opponent is, and likewise his opponents' team can too. Thing is, he's complaining about the other side. It was never about him listening to his team.

I like the current gulag. It's balanced enough that everyone gets a fair shot. The problem is like the rest of the game: Hit detection.

The whole point of the Gulag is having prisoners fight to the death in front of the rest of the prisoners. That's why they let you look down and see what is going on, and let you throw rocks at them etc. It is not unreasonable by any stretch to assume prisoners could yell down to their friends to give them info. I see no reason to take this out.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
The whole point of the Gulag is having prisoners fight to the death in front of the rest of the prisoners. That's why they let you look down and see what is going on, and let you throw rocks at them etc. It is not unreasonable by any stretch to assume prisoners could yell down to their friends to give them info. I see no reason to take this out.
Exactly. It was intended to be this interactive arena 1v1 Battle Zone. This is actually a test. The next step is to take this idea and expand it with the arena already on Warzone.

Flashshark

Recruit
Well but if you have NO teammates in Gulag but the enemy player has,
you have a big disadvantage!

Also if your teammates do not use ingame voice you have a disadvantage...

Better to deactivate this luck dependant option and let the playerskill decide!

QuickC5

Recruit
OP makes an excellent observation I agree with. Gulag is mano e mano. When it could be technically two or three on one... definately not as fair as it could be.

Half of the time call outs from teammates end up back firing in the Gulag! I think it would be ridiculous for them to take out voice comms. Players also communicate on other mediums when they play (ie. Xbox Live chat).

QuickC5

Recruit
Half of the time call outs from teammates end up back firing in the Gulag! I think it would be ridiculous for them to take out voice comms. Players also communicate on other mediums when they play (ie. Xbox Live chat).

Back firing isn't the point - it's the fact that not all players are running a mic, or part of a mic'd group. Just out of curiosity, I wonder how many players actually run a mic. I don't. I'm an old pre-social media player - I play video games to get away from talking to people :)

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Back firing isn't the point - it's the fact that not all players are running a mic, or part of a mic'd group. Just out of curiosity, I wonder how many players actually run a mic. I don't. I'm an old pre-social media player - I play video games to get away from talking to people :)
Same, with the exception of using Mics. If you're not using mic at all in Warzone, you're missing the whole point of Battle Royale, and Warzone in general.

Flashshark

Recruit
Well even if you have mic and your teammates have mic there is a high chance they do not speak any word English!
I meet a lot of russian kids that only speak Russian and a surprising high number of middle east guys that like open mic and talking Arabic to the others in the gaming Cafe they sit in...

So I often need to deactivate their voices to concentrate on my surroundings!

Gulag should be 1 on 1 imho

Interesting perspective! I personally always run a mic because I play with my friends and communication is key for us. I understand how this could be unfair for players that prefer no mic!

Hoeski

Recruit
Even if you turn it off it will still happen cos alot of clans like mine use Discord or Team Speak or somthing like that so you will never stop it. All iit will do is make people stop using in game and use a out of game chat program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements