• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Warzone Remote Download Of Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Woke up this morning to note that Blizzard/IW/Activision/Whoever has put in an 18GB Update for warzone.. I am out in the boonies and my 'Net connection is abysmally slow.. Further, my wife is working at home and hogs all the bandwidth during the day..

Is it possible to download the update from a different system and put it on a thumbdrive and then bring the thumbdrive home and update Warzone that way??

Any help would be most appreciated...

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
I think you can't even do this in large-scale productivity software as network managers would update all computers remotely.

It might be possible for Enterprise level Windows updates but I doubt that games developers would put that level of thought into their work.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Yea, I figured it was a long shot.. Oh well, I'll start the update when I go to bed tonight and hopefully it will be done by the weekend...

"but I doubt that games developers would put that level of thought into their work."

"There is 'mimicry' and there is 'mockery' and THAT was definitely mockery"

-Dr Leonard McCoy, STAR TREK, Yesterday's Son

:D

Since I have you here, a question.. Do you use the CoD Warzone Companion from OverWolf???

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Heh.. Naw, it's a stats tracker that identifies cheaters.. I just had another run in with a cheater (I am totally ghosted and he had no way to know I was there, yet he tracked my exact position in his sights as he came around a corner..) Totally annoying..

Anywho, I am going to do a separate post about the Companion App and see if I can get some assistance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements