• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Thoughts on the DLC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been two DLC packs so far. In all honesty, I was extremely disappointed in most of the maps. All of them are cramped, just like all of the maps in Black Ops II. I sort of regret buying the season pass. The only good map I like so far is Magma. What are your thoughts?

I can only comment on the second pack, which I thoroughly enjoy. Firing Range is my all-time favorite CoD map, so Studio was the main draw to the DLC for me. The pleasant surprise of the pack turned out to be Mob of the Dead; it's one of my very favorite Zombies maps, and it serves as proof that Treyarch can still deliver a good Zombies experience. Encore and Magma are decent maps as well, and Vertigo, while not terrible, is my least favorite of the bunch.

I can only comment on the second pack, which I thoroughly enjoy. Firing Range is my all-time favorite CoD map, so Studio was the main draw to the DLC for me. The pleasant surprise of the pack turned out to be Mob of the Dead; it's one of my very favorite Zombies maps, and it serves as proof that Treyarch can still deliver a good Zombies experience. Encore and Magma are decent maps as well, and Vertigo, while not terrible, is my least favorite of the bunch.

Oh yes, I was happy with the Studio reboot. It was awesome because firing range was also one of my favorites. The DLC in this game sort of disappoints me, because I loved the DLC from all of the previous CoDs.

VegitoTM

Recruit
I was disappointed with a few of the maps, they where a lot smaller than I expected and considering so far we haven't had a Tranzit map which was the whole experience for Black Ops 2 zombies I am kind of annoyed. Hopefully map pack 4 will contain some Tranzit.

Uzi

Recruit
As far as I know there won't be a new tranzit map but don't quote me on that as I may be wrong. I think there DLC was/is outstanding and they put a lot of effort in, well worth my money of the season pass.

sarz

Recruit
I think the dlcs are a great idea. Yes they cost you money but they are good value for money in my opinion. They add hours of extra gameplay. You usually get some other new stuff as well like maybe a gun.

I don't own any of the DLCs, but I've played all the Zombies maps with a friend who has the Season Pass.
Speaking only for the Zombies mode, the DLC is incredible and adds so much more fun and replayability to that game mode.
However, I've always thought $15 for each DLC is gross, it's a huge excess. I could maybe pay $10 and philosophize to myself that it's really worth all the additions and excuse the greedy publishers for it, but at 50% more I've never been inspired to buy DLC. I'd honestly rather wait to meet up with my friend and enjoy it that way.

pwarbi

Recruit
I think there's always going to be a long running debate as to wether or not DLC content is worth it or not. I think a lot of game developers DO put a lot of time and effort into the new content, but saying that, there's also the less scrupulous ones that are just in it for the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements