• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Unpopular View of Melee, Snipers, One Shots and Shields

GigglesD2

Recruit
I know this will be a very sour subject to most but I am just fed up with it.
First lets take melee, in PVP how on earth does it even seems like a good idea to allow melee to one shot? Add in the fact they can simply run and even if you shoot them, they will kill you first. Lets not forget also that even if youre laying down, they do not have to lay down to hit you. Simply melee and you die...This is beyond ridiculous and absolutely makes zero sense that a .458 bullet cant stop a player 10 feet away...the battle rifle (forget exact name but unimportant) or any for that matter will not drop them before they cover the distance. Meat map is a great example where I am seeing players solely run around with a riot shield and melee and they hit 70+ kills and 10-15 deaths.
This needs to be addressed some how/ Melee should be reserved for rear/side attacking or if you run out of ammo. Should not be a "build" in a firearms based game, Melee should be a cleanup ability.

Riot shield - This is the most stupid, overpowered and broken item in this game. You cant break it, you do anything unless you have symtex and even then its a maybe. Add in the fact now they cant even be killed from behind when running and you have the worst item in the game. There needs to be a timer you can actually employ it each time like stamina and also it should be able to be broken with enough gun fire.

As it stands, I leave every single game I enter if I see either of the above. Yeah there are counters but given the advantage being so far out of balance in favor of the above, I would rather watch grass grow.

Sniper rifles...Another bs item. I am sure majority of people have never seen a real sniper rifle let alone held one but they are not light weight. On average they are double or more the weight of an M4/AR platform but in this game the devs thought it a cool idea to give one shot kill to a weapon that can be used like an assault rifle. Cannot count how many times I am shot in the hand or foot and get one shot. These should have stats that make them useable for what they actually are not replacing damn near every weapon in the game.

And finally, why in all hell does EVERYTHING need to 1 shot for the most part? throwing knives, snipers, a fist, hell even the Tyr one shot far to easily. Tyr i am watching people hip fire and 1 shot anything and everything in front of them...oh wait..taht is a smaller caliber then a .458 so why can the battle rifle not 1 shot using a larger, faster round?

The lack of logic in all of this astounds me. And no I am not asking to nerf them but put them in the world they should be in. A sniper should be the go to for static med/large maps not maps so small you can go one side to another in under 5 seconds.

Sorry for rant but I have absolutely had it with this crap and its gone on too long already.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements