• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Want a free copy of CODWWII? Sign up, post, and win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
You can win a copy of Call of Duty: WWII for any console of your choice. I have two copies available: One for PlayStation 4, and One for Xbox One. The only thing I ask of you? Sign up, post, and WIN.

The rules are simple. Really simple: Sign up, and post. It's not going to be that easy, no.

You'll have to make 100 posts or more, and you get a better chance of winning the game. You cannot, I cannot stress this enough: No Spam. I mean it. No spam. No one word posts like "bump!" or you're disqualified. The winner of the Call of Duty: WWII copy for the console will be chosen at random if there's more than one winner. But its better if you post more.

The game will be available the same day, but I'll have to ship it out to your address, so you'll have to start a private conversation with me on that day of the draw. Good luck, Soldier!

Toxic34

Recruit
I am officially throwing my hat in the ring, and doing my best to be among the counted at 100+, and I will not half-ass this. Should I be a winner, I want to let it be known that I want the Xbox One version. If I somehow am the winner of both, I will relinquish the PS4 version, and might ask for a replacement gift to take its place, but I'll only talk about that should that come to pass. Well, I shall wait patiently with baited breath for Friday's results.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Sounds pretty great, so how will the winner be contacted?
This is what I said in the original post...
The game will be available the same day, but I'll have to ship it out to your address, so you'll have to start a private conversation with me on that day of the draw. Good luck, Soldier!
...By clicking your profile, you'll see this...
StartAConversation.png
I would like to register my interest in winning a copy of COD WWII please!
Welll, get to work, man. @Toxic34 is ahead of you already.

When I emailed you, I was actually extending the courtesy of allowing YOU to get in on the action! :)
I am officially throwing my hat in the ring, and doing my best to be among the counted at 100+, and I will not half-ass this. Should I be a winner, I want to let it be known that I want the Xbox One version. If I somehow am the winner of both, I will relinquish the PS4 version, and might ask for a replacement gift to take its place, but I'll only talk about that should that come to pass. Well, I shall wait patiently with baited breath for Friday's results.
Both versions will have different winners. And both will be random, but you get better chances if you're in the lead with the most post by the time the draw is made. The worst part is, I never said when this contest actually ends. ;) Let that be a tease.

Last edited:

Koslans

Recruit
You can win a copy of Call of Duty: WWII for any console of your choice. I have two copies available: One for PlayStation 4, and One for Xbox One. The only thing I ask of you? Sign up, post, and WIN.

What about PC? Heheheheh.

I don't need a copy though. Have fun with the game and contest ;)

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private

What about PC? Heheheheh.

I don't need a copy though. Have fun with the game and contest ;)
I would host the contest for PC gamers if there was a demand beforehand, but I don't see many PC players here. Just a small number of players play on it on this site. Sorry you feel left out, guys.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
What time does tomorrow's draw occur?
Where did I say it was going to take place the same day? Never. I even said that I never explicitly said when it would be drawn, or when the contest actually ends. I willl decide when to draw it, confirm the winner, and send it.

Toxic34

Recruit
Sorry about that. I just don't want to miss the announcement of when it's begun so I can start a private conversation at the right time. That and I'm about to give my family my Christmas list soon, and I of course wonder whether I have to put the game on the list at all. (Odds are that I will because I probably won't win, but I want to cross all the t's and dot all the i's.) My enthusiasm gets the better of me.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Sorry about that. I just don't want to miss the announcement of when it's begun so I can start a private conversation at the right time. That and I'm about to give my family my Christmas list soon, and I of course wonder whether I have to put the game on the list at all. (Odds are that I will because I probably won't win, but I want to cross all the t's and dot all the i's.) My enthusiasm gets the better of me.
You are in the lead, but I want everyone to have a chance to win. I meant that: Everyone.

I'm not saying that you won't win. I'm just saying that everyone has a chance to win. Not just you. If you're the winner, then you get the game, but if you don't. Better luck next time.

Don't get your hopes up like that - not too often. That often ends up in disappointment.

Toxic34

Recruit
Of course. In the meantime, I've looked at the footage of some people who got their copies early, like theRadBrad. It looks impressive. I noticed that besides the grittier narrative and return of healthpacks, they've also returned to the moments of humor that defined the original games. It is very much a return to roots as you can get. This game has hit written all over it. But I hope that the developers and Activision never lose sight that variety is the spice of life.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Update on this Carlos ?
The plan is to wait until November is over. For me, this is actually a test. I want to see how people respond to this. This thread is popular. But I want to see people actually participating, I see only two people participating so far. I thought more people would, though... I mean, most sites are offering only one copy of COD: WWII, I wanted to be different and offer two options at winning. I wanted to be different than the other sites doing this kind of contest.

Other sites usually do this contest and a lot of people would join, join, and join. And post. I'm not seeing it yet. I think thanksgiving is when everything expodes, like last year.

JusZenTFN

Banned
The plan is to wait until November is over. For me, this is actually a test. I want to see how people respond to this. This thread is popular. But I want to see people actually participating, I see only two people participating so far. I thought more people would, though... I mean, most sites are offering only one copy of COD: WWII, I wanted to be different and offer two options at winning. I wanted to be different than the other sites doing this kind of contest.

Other sites usually do this contest and a lot of people would join, join, and join. And post. I'm not seeing it yet. I think thanksgiving is when everything expodes, like last year.
I just think forums in general are dying. Yes, people will come and recruit for their clans and see if anyone is looking for a clan but overall participation I don't think is going to be that active. BUT, I hope I'm wrong.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
I just think forums in general are dying. Yes, people will come and recruit for their clans and see if anyone is looking for a clan but overall participation I don't think is going to be that active. BUT, I hope I'm wrong.
I just saw another brand-new xenForo website get tons of new members in a span of a week. I'm not going to name the site publicly, because where it originated from is toxic, but influential.

The rules are simple. Really simple: Sign up, and post. It's not going to be that easy, no.

You'll have to make 100 posts or more, and you get a better chance of winning the game. You cannot, I cannot stress this enough: No Spam. I mean it. No spam. No one word posts like "bump!" or you're disqualified. The winner of the Call of Duty: WWII copy for the console will be chosen at random if there's more than one winner. But its better if you post more.

Thanks for giving us this chance

I have a quick question.
Posts as in threads or as status post?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements