• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Warzone Warzone gpu/cpu usage and low fps problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoJun

Recruit
Hello , i have a gpu and cpu usage problem only in this game . My problem is i was getting 90 - 120 fps 2 months ago but now i am getting 40 - 60 fps . My gpu usage is max %35-%50 and my cpu usage is %50 - 60 . İ know i had a bottleneck but even my cpu usage is not not much . My system : rtx 3080 , ryzen 3700x , crosshairv1 hero motherboard , 3200 mhz 16 gb ram .

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
Hello , i have a gpu and cpu usage problem only in this game . My problem is i was getting 90 - 120 fps 2 months ago but now i am getting 40 - 60 fps . My gpu usage is max %35-%50 and my cpu usage is %50 - 60 . İ know i had a bottleneck but even my cpu usage is not not much . My system : rtx 3080 , ryzen 3700x , crosshairv1 hero motherboard , 3200 mhz 16 gb ram .
I think it has something to do with the recent season 6 update, my frame rates have also tanked since upgrading from a 2070 Super to a 3080. nVidia and the game devs are working on this as it only affects 30x0 series cards.

KeyboardDemon

If you haven't already get windows 11 It helps alot

I really should, so I can get in on that DirectX 12 Ultimate action, but I'll have to reinstall Windows 10 or simply convert my MBR installation to GPT in order to meet the Windows 11 requirements.

KeyboardDemon

Ok.

Converting MBR to GPT didn't take long at all, and there I was thinking it would take ages, but hey ho, it's done now. It's also past 1am and I have an early start tomorrow, so bed time.

I will have to figure out how to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 over the next few days, the PC Health Check tool now says:

This PC meets Windows 11 Requirements

Great news - Windows 11 is coming soon! Check device specifications for apps and features that exceed minimum system requirements and Windows 10 features that aren't available in Windows 11.
Before I used to fail on the first check where it says:

This PC supports Secure Boot
So, now I guess I just have to wait for the message to come up and say my PC is ready for the upgrade.

KeyboardDemon

Mine doesn't meet the requirements for 11. Can't remember why.
When people running AMD CPUs started getting issues with a performance drop under Windows 11, AMD looked into the issue and have released some major chipset driver updates.

There were 6 for my MSI B450 Tomahawk Max mobo, I installed them this morning and will check to see if they made a difference to my performance under Windows 10 before I upgrade, so I can get some baseline figures before I update to Windows 11.

KeyboardDemon

My cpu is not support either.
Sorry, my comments were aimed at the op who is using an AMD 3700X and an RTX 3080 combo, I just checked my performance after the 6 updates and my frames were previously struggling to hit more than 140fps in Cold War and now the blast up into the 230s on 1440p with most settings cranked and RTX off. Even my MW fps has seen a healthy increase into the high 170s to 180s fps.

KeyboardDemon

I need to start researching good gaming mobos and cpus.
Start with looking at what components you want to keep or can at least carry forward to your new build, ie... drives, ram, case, fans, PSU etc... Then go to PC PartPicker and create builds that integrate the existing parts.

The most important thing is to keep a track of your budget, it is so easy to go way above what you can afford, so keep an eye on that.

In case you didn't already know, new Intel chips are about to launch, the Alder lake processors will be bringing in major processor design changes with this new launch.

Intel have not really done anything major since the 5th or 6th generation parts, in a comparison between a 5 year old CPU and a 10th gen processor, Hardware Unboxed found that there was only a 20% performance gain between the 2 parts, even though 5 generations of updates lay between them when previously you would have expected to see a 20% gain in each new generation. We will know more as soon as independent reviewers are released from their new embargos and reviews can be made public, we can't rely on Intel's own review data, in the same way that we can't rely on AMD's or nVidia's own data.

I digress though, build your lists on PC Partpicker and share them with us, maybe in your own thread so we don't hijack this thread.

I think the new 12th gen processors will start to make Intel more interesting again.

KeyboardDemon

I'd be keeping the SSDs for sure. Like to get another Phantom410 case though.
Cool. I am ready to help, share opinions, offer advice, and generally support you in any way I can, but not here, please start a new thread, as we are drifting from the original posters request for help with his issue to dealing with a different issue with your PC.

Start a new thread and tag me in. Mention your budget and location too, and I can help out with some suggestions. News embargo for the new Intel chips lifts on 4th November, so there's no rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements