• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Warzone Warzone wont start no matter what I try

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodboy

Recruit
Hi,

Warzone wont start on my PC anymore. Cant tell when it worked last.

When I click on "Play" in Battle net, it says "Launching" for a few secs, MW shows up in the Task manager for also a few secs, then Battle net crashes and MW doesnt start.

Only Warzone is installed.

My Specs:

i7 9700k @ 4.5ghz

RTX 2070 @ stock settings

32gb ddr4 3200mhz RAM

Game installed on a sata SSD (mushkin)

Win 10 (21H1)

I´ve tried everything that I could find on YT and Google.

I´ve tried:
  • Updating Win 10 & Nvidia drivers (Are up to date)
  • Deinstalling / Redownload Warzone
  • Moved the game folder and set the new location in the Battle net launcher
  • Deleted the files in "CodMW/main" folder
  • Deleted the "Documents/Call of Duty Modern Warfare/players" folder
  • Ran "Scan & Repair" multiple times
  • Reseted my GPU overclock (for eth mining)
Does anyone have any solution!?

I dont want to reinstall Win 10 just for Warzone....

Hello,

TLDR: I can imagine that you are probably as frustrated as I am.. I've had the same issue on and off for a while, I managed to get it to work yesterday, but today I can't seem to get passed it! Gonna try old driver version and see if that makes a difference.

Full Post:
I've been having the exact same issue on and off for a while, sometimes with the splash screen and loading bar, sometimes without. Usually after a few attempts it will load in Safe or Normal mode.

Yesterday however, was the first time I have been completely unable to launch due to this issue.

Eventually, I got it to launch after I did the following:
  • Windows 10 + Nvidia drivers already up-to-date
  • Removed latest Windows 10 update (then reinstalled the update after it made no difference)
  • Reinstalled Nvidia drivers
  • Reinstalled Battle.net launcher
  • Scan & Repair

Unfortunately though, the issue repeated again today and I have been unable to launch so far tonight.

Tried all those steps again (and other things I came across on Reddit/YouTube/Google - which lead me here), and still no luck.

My specs:
  • i9-10900k @ 3.7GHz
  • RTX 2080 Ti @ stock settings
  • 64gb DDR4 @ 2666MHz
  • Windows 10 Pro
  • Game installed on a M.2 SSD

At one point, I thought it might have something to do with 3rd party software, but that doesn't appear to be the case (mentioning anyway as I can imagine you're probably as frustrated as I am at the moment):

Monitor Profile Switcher: Because the issue started to appear since I started WFH because of Covid, and I've used Monitor Profile Switcher to flick between different config profiles depending on what I'm doing (e.g. 3-4 monitors for work, 1 monitor for gaming, 2-3 monitors for general stuff etc.). I only suspected this as I switched to 3 monitors (default profile) to look into fixes and it worked before I changed anything other than activating my other monitors. I have been unable to replicate this though, so looks like a dead end!

F.lux: Manages monitor colour temperatures so it's easier on the eye. I usually close it and all other apps when I'm gaming, but a few weeks ago when I encountered the issue, I left f.lux running but set it to disable automatically when I launch CoD. However, I've since disabled/exited this and have been unable to replicate this - also looks like a dead end.

Current thoughts:
I'm going to try with some older versions of the GPU driver to see if that makes any difference, but I'm not holding my breath.

If anybody knows of a fix I'm sure Woodboy and I would appreciate the support!

Attachments

• cdwz crash screenshot.png
    cdwz crash screenshot.png
    998.3 KB · Views: 2
Update:
Unsuccessfully, I have since tried:
  • Installed older versions of the GPU driver (previous 3, all clean installations) - issue still remained (so I've reinstalled the latest again with a clean installation)
  • Uninstalled Malwarebytes - issue still remained
  • Disabled Windows Defender - issue still remained
  • Installed Process Monitor (ProcMon) to look for failed file reads or access issues - couldn't see anything out of the ordinary

Apparent Success:
I reinstalled my motherboard audio drivers and it worked! My mobo is an Asus ROG Strix Z490-F and I installed the latest version of the Realtek audio drivers (V6.0.8960.1).

It seems to have stuck so far: I've closed and re-launched successfully (repeated 3 times), rebooted and re-launched successfully (repeated twice).

Woodboy

Recruit
Or add the "Call of Duty Modern Warefare" folder as an exception in COMODO.

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 6
Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements