• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

What if you can Cross Console fight ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servace

Recruit
How would you feel about a concept of being able to versus people from other consoles. An example is xbox 360 vs PS3.

Qarnage

Recruit
I don't think it will differ from your normal experience, it's just people using a different device but still playing the same game. Honestly I see no point in adding something like this, especially seeing the time can be spend on so much other things. If we're also involving the PC here then that would be unfair because PC players can react faster with their mouse. There's no reason to have any PS3 vs XBOX games because many people will also start a flame war about which console is better, which isn't something I'd like to see.

I think it would be pretty cool, it would be amazing if they could do it for PC as well though. The amazing accuracy of the mouse completely destroying the console gamers would be insanely fun although obviously a bit unfair to the gamepad users. I think the reason they don't do it is because of cross platform compatibility issues.

xlSynergy

Recruit
I don't know if it would work well, but I'd like to see it happen. It seems like a cool idea. Hopefully one day that'll happen. However, PC vs Console would be horrible, because like UnlimitedHeadshot said, accuracy is so much better with a mouse.

JusZenTFN

Banned
It would be fun but then we'd lose a little bit of the competition on which system someone is going to play on.

valiantx

Recruit
Seriously, I have been wishing for this cross-over console game playing for years now, and I know it can be done - but I'm sure console producers want the most for their money and will prevent this from happening for a long time; or maybe they'll change their mind about it in the near future. I would love to play against Xbox One persons, because Playstation controllers are less wonky and more easier to use. This cross-over console, in my opinion, will attract millions of more players to buy console systems and games, but for now, I'll simply keep my hopes up for this event to occur...

GenevB

Recruit
This would be great. We would finally be able to see if there is a big difference between consoles or not. We could finally be able to switch sides with people who plays it on the opposite console and see if we can still play at our max capacity.

Hiyabats

Recruit
I am all for it. Sounds like a great idea to me. I would think there would be someone out there in one of the companies with the tech knowledge to pull it off. I am sure they are probably working on something similar as we speak. You could always go on there sites and send a suggestion in. it wouldn't hurt to try at least.

Larrel94

Recruit
This would be incredible, but I doubt Microsoft/Sony would ever allow it. PC will never happen because of how much more accurate and competitive PC gameplay is. Microsoft tried that years ago with Shadowrun and console players got their asses handed to them.

xlSynergy

Recruit
This would be incredible, but I doubt Microsoft/Sony would ever allow it. PC will never happen because of how much more accurate and competitive PC gameplay is. Microsoft tried that years ago with Shadowrun and console players got their asses handed to them.

Yea I completely agree with you. Never knew that Microsoft tried that with Shadowrun, but I guess that's even more of a reason for it to not happen.

camsdad

Recruit
I would love it if they could get it right. I see nothing but glitches happening in the first year, and after that people will either demand for it be fixed, or forget about it completely. If it does happen I just hope it's not a bust.

A few games have done cross-platform play in the past decade or so, but the feature never really wowed gamers, even the ones that wanted such a feature. It's something that each console's parent company could do, but then why would they want to offer such compatibility? Then they're shooting themselves in the foot and reducing competition in overall console sales. Not good for any company involved.

camsdad

Recruit
So are we saying that the world of gaming would never be able to successfully be shared over different platforms. What do you think it would take to actually make it work? I still think the idea could be neat but, from what I've heard and seen so far, it doesn't really benefit any one right now.

Pittski

Recruit
If PC Master Race was excluded, and it was Xbone vs PS4. I would have to say Xbox players would prob dominate. If it same people from 360 and ps3. I played CoD on 360 only when came to console. (still played PC) The few times I tried MP on PS3. The players were at least 50% worse in pubs. lol I don't think I seen so many people not get at least 5 kills in a match before on both teams.

dinomarino1

Recruit
thats actually a awesome idea in theory! the only problem is that sony and microsoft love money too much to let that happen. i would love to actually see a game pull it off other than the dumpy windows live to xbox play back in the day

moaz13

Recruit
Seems totally doable but will lead to lots of annoying people shouting over chat about how their console players are more skilled. Also the PS4 has more power and probably will be running at a higher resolution so that might be an unfair advantage.

That will never happen with PCs though, our Keyboards + Mouse will easily wreck console players.

FPSKing

Recruit
Maybe in the future if sony and microsoft become better friends instead of rivals they can share and play together. But there is a war goin on outside no gamer is safe from weather you play on PS or xbox 1. Shouts outs if you know where i got the inspiration from for the second sentence.

GlacialDoom

Recruit
It would be alright, as long as they leave us, PC gamers out of the equation. It would be too easy and too dull to keep slaughtering console players because we have the kb&m advantage.

I don't know about you guys, but I hate winning easy games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements