• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

What is your PC made of? Post your Builds here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tswantek

Recruit
Hello Soldiers,

I'm on a mission to find the coolest rig. Post what your PC is made of in this thread.
I'd like to see who's actually using old school vs new school rigs and what your averaging for FPS!

I've recently built one for my youngest son using a FX-4100 CPU and HD6850 GPU which has given a DirectX error continuously! Has ANYBODY here run this set up with success!??? I'm able to run all other modern games but this...

My other son runs a FX-8320 w/ R9 290 without a hang up 70FPS @ 1080P

My rig is a 5600X w/ 6900XT Averaging 100FPS @ 4K

Thank you for your input!

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
Hey @tswantek welcome to CoDForums.

My specs are in my sig, I play at 1440*2560 and hit well above 200 to 230ish FPS in med/high settings with Ray tracing off in Cold War and around 170-190ish in Modern Warfare.

I'm really liking your dedication to team red with your builds.

KeyboardDemon

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz 24.0 GB GTX970 Video Card

I guess no one likes INTEL anymore, eh? :D
That's not true, have you seen the reviews of the 12th Desktop CPUs, there are now 2 good choices for building an affordable new gaming rig as Intel have started lowering their CPU prices, while AMD have been raising prices slowly.

It will be interesting to see what appears in the completed build section of PCPartpicker over the next few months.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
Ya know, I really wish people would just post the specs so we can see what you ran. Signature is nice and all, but from outside the forums, nobody knows what your specs are.

Later, archived threads may look weird.

KeyboardDemon

Ya know, I really wish people would just post the specs so we can see what you ran. Signature is nice and all, but from outside the forums, nobody knows what your specs are.

Later, archived threads may look weird.
Good point.

Specs in signatures are helpful when people post to say they have an issue, but posting the specs here means that we can see evolutionary changes over time, while the signature updates after every change.

Also, I used to be able to see signatures in the web app but can't see them now, so I can only read them in the desktop browser version.

216)]AMD Ryzen 5 3600
MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16GB
PNY GeForce RTX 3080 10GB XLR8 Gaming REVEL EPIC-X RGB
WD 1TB SN550 M.2 NVME SSD (Boot Drive)
Crucial BX500 2TD SSD (Game Drive) :
Phanteks P400A Case
EVGA SuperNova G2 750 watt modular PSU
Asus Swift PG278Q Gaming Monitor

freakdaddy64

Recruit
nzxt 710i case
asus b550 f gaming mobo
ryzen 5 5600x cpu
1 tb sabrent m.2 boot
2 tb sabrent m.2 storage
evga rtx 2080 ti xc ultra
32 gb gskill neo rgb 3600 ram
evga 850 g+ psu
nzxt kracken x73 rgb aio cooling
nzxt rgb fans
note: front and top case covers are custom from coldzero.com i think it is.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUn-EJr4hJc

oh i forgot asus xg27aqm 27 inch 1440p 270 hz 0.5 ms monitor

freakdaddy64

Recruit
keyboarddemon am i seeing somthing new that you didnt tell me about like a pny 3080.

really omg thats awsome and is it getting it done i am do jealous now.

KeyboardDemon

keyboarddemon am i seeing somthing new that you didnt tell me about like a pny 3080.

really omg thats awsome and is it getting it done i am do jealous now.
Where have you been bruh?

I posted about that at the start of October, at least 3 different threads, including a post along the lines of OMG it doesn't work right!!!

As for the GPU, OMG, it's awesome, copes with everything I throw at it, smoother game play at higher frame rates, it is quieter than my RTX 2070 Super too, and with the vertical mount that I added to my case, it looks amazing too.

This is how it looks now:

KeyboardDemon

well alrighty then so im caught up now. looks great and ill be looking for some video of gaming and fps and all thet good stuff. i am jealous.
lol... I am working as many extra hours as I can, currently working 6-days a week, so I have got the sickest gaming rig I've ever had and I get no time to game!!!

KeyboardDemon

"Nature of the beast"
-Colonel Hadley, THE FINAL OPTION

:D

A kickass Brit movie I think you would like.... :D
Thanks for the tip, I'll see if I can find it.

I won't say it sucks, my RTX 2070 has been going up in price recently as the market for new cards has got worse again and scalping is on the rise.

My plan is to wait for the second week of December then put it on FB Marketplace to see if anyone wants a good GPU to put under the tree. Hopefully, that will generate enough to clear a sizeable chunk of the finance on my 3080 and I can cut back my hours to get time to play. Fingers crossed!!!

KeyboardDemon

I am hoping my RTO will give me a good deal on an upgrade to an RTX 3080 and restore my faith in RTX :D

As to THE FINAL OPTION...

If you like CoD, you'll love the movie...
That film was called Who Dares Wins in the UK, they must have changed the name for other markets, I am sure I have watched that film, many, many years ago. It has Edward Woodward in it, which I am sure is one of the reasons that you have remembered it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements