• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Will it ever be possible for PC players to disable cross-over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

foomedic

Recruit
***THIS IS NOT A POST TO AGAINST CONSOLE AS A PLATFORM SO PLEASE DO NOT START A WAR COMMENT!
Yes, yes, there are still players which will use the controller on the PC, and some console players will be using M&K, but since the majority of console players use controller, that would benefit some of us PC users...
I don't care for a "who's better or worse" discussion, we all know the pros and cons, I am solely interested if they will ever implement it.
Yes, in a perfect world, would be nice to put separately controller players and M&K players, REGARDLESS OF THE PLATFORM (console or PC).
For a non-pro casual player, coming from work and trying to have some nice competitive gameplay, it's a bit hilarious how I shoot first a guy who's aiming the ceiling or the walls around me and 0.1 sec later I'm dead... the death cam is amazing.
I DON'T WANT THE FEATURE DELETED, so friends from different platforms can still play, me included, BUT MAKE IT SO EVERY PLATFORM HAS THE OPTION TO DISABLE IT.
It's like a slap in the face that I am able to disable it from the menu, but if I try to join ANY lobby says that I can't until I enable it... why is it there then, just to mock me?

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
I hope that they don't, I also get frustrated when I think I should be able to beat a player because he can't have seen me only to get killed by him. Then when I watch the killcam I can see that he clearly found me through the use of his aim assist.

It has worked the other way round too though, so I've learnt to aim for the head in order to minimise the chances that my opponent will turn and beat me. I still don't win each time but I do better than I used to.

Sent from my Huawei P20 Pro using Tapatalk

foomedic

Recruit
"so I've learnt to aim for the head"... because no one tries that... I still disagree with the assist of any kind so I would still like my option to be taken in consideration, as some console players have the option.

"I hope that they don't" - but you didn't give me a reason. Also i asked "TO HAVE THE OPTION" not to disable it completely

If someone is aiming at the ceiling and still gets you AFTER you start shooting at them, then its more likely to be due to serverlag/latency making it look like they were aiming at the ceiling when they in fact were allready looking in your direction.

The aim assist wouldn't help really them in a situation like that. It's aim assist, not auto-aim/aim-bot. Their crossheirs have to be on you allready for the assist to kick in (and all it does is slow down their sensitivity when the crosshair is on you)

I have been shot by people who - on my screen - had their back turned to me. On the kill cam they had allready turned around before I even got there though. (Most of the weird situations in this game is due to bad servers/netcode)

the hit detection is GARBAGE right now

***THIS IS NOT A POST TO AGAINST CONSOLE AS A PLATFORM SO PLEASE DO NOT START A WAR COMMENT!
Yes, yes, there are still players which will use the controller on the PC, and some console players will be using M&K, but since the majority of console players use controller, that would benefit some of us PC users...
I don't care for a "who's better or worse" discussion, we all know the pros and cons, I am solely interested if they will ever implement it.
Yes, in a perfect world, would be nice to put separately controller players and M&K players, REGARDLESS OF THE PLATFORM (console or PC).
For a non-pro casual player, coming from work and trying to have some nice competitive gameplay, it's a bit hilarious how I shoot first a guy who's aiming the ceiling or the walls around me and 0.1 sec later I'm dead... the death cam is amazing.
I DON'T WANT THE FEATURE DELETED, so friends from different platforms can still play, me included, BUT MAKE IT SO EVERY PLATFORM HAS THE OPTION TO DISABLE IT.
It's like a slap in the face that I am able to disable it from the menu, but if I try to join ANY lobby says that I can't until I enable it... why is it there then, just to mock me?
Too much to read. But you can in Multiplayer just not warzone. so if you said that sorry lol

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
"I hope that they don't" - but you didn't give me a reason. Also i asked "TO HAVE THE OPTION" not to disable it completely

Sorry, you're right, I didn't answer that part.

The main reason I bought CoD:MW was I have friends with consoles and I really wanted for us to get the chance to play together.

Unfortunately, we're hardly ever online together and they prefer Warzone to MW anyway, so we have managed a couple of games together but as I've said before, Warzone requires a different skill set to MW and I don't want to invest the time into learning that 'new' skill set.

Anyway, what I like about Crossplay is that there will always be a bigger pool of players online as we have 3 supported formats.

I remember back when BF4 launched, for a long time BF3 was a graveyard which forced me to buy the new version. I would hate to think that when CoD 2020 launches I'll not be able to play this version of CoD for the same reason.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

foomedic

Recruit
(and all it does is slow down their sensitivity when the crosshair is on you)
...buddy... that is the biggest problem especially for an average mouse and keyboard player...

One - you have the time to travel with the crosshair towards the target
Two - you have the time when you actually have to adjust and pursue the target
Three - compensate for the vertical recoil or horizontal spread (which a controller player doesnt have to bother with)

...beginners/ average players have with both point 2 and 3... do you seee where I am coming from now?

...buddy... that is the biggest problem especially for an average mouse and keyboard player...

One - you have the time to travel with the crosshair towards the target
Two - you have the time when you actually have to adjust and pursue the target
Three - compensate for the vertical recoil or horizontal spread (which a controller player doesnt have to bother with)

...beginners/ average players have with both point 2 and 3... do you seee where I am coming from now?

I hear what you're saying but I just dont think it helps anywhere near as much as people seem to think.

Im on PC. When Im playing with my brother who is on ps4 I use a controller and when im playing by myself I use mouse and keyboard.

I turned the aim assist off for the controller early on as it was messing up my aim more often than it was helping. I do that on most games I play with a controller. Same with stick acceleration. Both just seem to mess me up.

foomedic

Recruit
Again, you will not change my mind about that and I will not change yours, but I still think that PC players should have THE RIGHT to disable or enable crossplay on their choosing.

As for turning aim assist and being better... ok... no comment :D... I guess pro players (which play with aim assist on) didn't discover you

Again, you will not change my mind about that and I will not change yours, but I still think that PC players should have THE RIGHT to disable or enable crossplay on their choosing.

As for turning aim assist and being better... ok... no comment :D... I guess pro players (which play with aim assist on) didn't discover you
Yeah I dont get why that isn 't an option either.

The main thing that bothers me is that before launch they actually promised that there would be "controller only" and "M/K only" server option.

I really don't want to play against M/K users when im in using a controller.

Funky Jammer

Funky Asshole
I love playing with an array of players across all platforms. Being on Xbox, it's immense joy when I get a good PC sniper on my team for warzone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements