• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

windows 11

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
The TPM needs to be in conjunction with Secure Boot..

But you CAN still install Win 11...

Get the appraiserres.dll from a good Windows 10 install (It's in the /sources dir) and copy that to your /sources dir on your Win 11 install files..

Rather than BOOT with Windows 11 thumbdrive, simply run the Windows 11 SETUP.EXE from Windows 10 file manager..

Windows 11 should install for you then...

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
Found it, this is the article I was talking about in my earlier answer:

The issue seems to be something to do with task scheduling and resource allocation, but the video explains it better.

KeyboardDemon

That's cool, tell us what you think of the new features, look, and feel of the new OS.

I'm still going to wait, I don't get a lot of time to play games at the moment, the last thing I want to do is to give up any of that time just to spend it troubleshooting.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
I didn't notice much of a change game-play wise...

Actually, I didn't notice much of a change PC wide with going from 10 to 11...

Hell, it's been so long, I have forgotten where we are on the Microsoft EveryOther OS curse...

KeyboardDemon

I refuse to make the change until I am forced into it.
What is it that makes you unhappy to change to Windows 11?

I am not against Windows 11, I was just against changing to Windows 11 too early, especially as there were some issues with Windows 11 and AMD 3000 series CPUs, which would directly impact on the performance of my PC. The AMD issues have been patched with AMD driver updates and a scheduling update in Windows 11, so there's no reason for me not to change now, though I am going to wait a bit longer to make sure no new issues come to light first.

KeyboardDemon

im having no issues and its bee about a month maybe.
That's good to know.

I still want to wait to see how people with similar hardware to mine are getting on, though I have already updated my motherboard's chipset drivers with all 6 of the driver updates that were added following the discovery of the issues with Ryzen 3000 series CPUs.

Those updates also fixed the issue where my RTX 2070 Super swap to an RTX 3080 was producing around 50-60 lower fps, now I am hitting up to 240 frames per second, so now I think I am happier to switch and I will most likely upgrade before the end of the year.

Lämmchen

Recruit
What is it that makes you unhappy to change to Windows 11?

I am not against Windows 11, I was just against changing to Windows 11 too early, especially as there were some issues with Windows 11 and AMD 3000 series CPUs, which would directly impact on the performance of my PC. The AMD issues have been patched with AMD driver updates and a scheduling update in Windows 11, so there's no reason for me not to change now, though I am going to wait a bit longer to make sure no new issues come to light first.

I don't like to be the first to make the change so that others can figure out the kinks :) Plus, I have no idea how my old software will react and I don't want to lose the programs that I've used for years for graphic design. It's too expensive to buy new that's compatible because I no longer do it for a living.

KeyboardDemon

I don't like to be the first to make the change so that others can figure out the kinks :) Plus, I have no idea how my old software will react and I don't want to lose the programs that I've used for years for graphic design. It's too expensive to buy new that's compatible because I no longer do it for a living.
If it works on WIndows 10 it should in theory, work in Windows 11, but you will have the option to roll back if it stops working as you get 10 days to reverse the upgrade.

Lämmchen

Recruit
If it works on WIndows 10 it should in theory, work in Windows 11, but you will have the option to roll back if it stops working as you get 10 days to reverse the upgrade.

You're right. I just hate going through the hassle and getting my hopes up and then reverting. It works fine now for me so why change it unless I have to? :D

Like CODForums!

Advertisements