• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

DMZ A Multitude Of Crashes

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Does anyone know of any inherent instability with COD WZ2 and 64GB of RAM??

I just upgraded my system to 64GB and DMZ was crashing up the wazoo.. As usual, I lost all I had gained in the crash..

Anyways, the first set of crashes gave me this error:

COD-Crash1.jpg

So, I pulled the 2 new sticks of memory out and re-ran DMZ and it was fine...

So, I pulled the 2 OLD sticks out of their slots and put in the 2 NEW sticks in the OLD slot and re-ran DMZ and, again it was fine...

So I put the 2 OLD sticks back into the slots that the NEW sticks were in (confused yet?? :D) and again it started crashing.. But with a DIFFERENT error:

COD-Crash2.jpg

Notice the Error Codes are different in this second set of crashes..

If only Activision had a website where we could type in those codes and find out EXACTLY what is going wrong.. But THAT would be logical and rational and actually would HELP Activision's customers.. Which is probably why Activision has nothing of the sort.. :rolleyes:

Anyways, anyone have a clue as to what might be going wrong??

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
I should also note that in the first set of crashes, the game crashed mostly in the lobby but once or twice very shortly after the match started..

In the second set of crashes, I was 5-10 mins well into the game when the crashes occurred...

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
I have not looked yet, but do you see a setting for Hi-Rez Assets Cache? It is extra space to stream high-resolution assets.
I'll look for that.. Couldn't find it.. The only setting with 'Cache' in it is ALLOCATED TEXTURE SIZE CACHE

I am thinking it also could be the FULLSCREEN EXCLUSIVE vs FULLSCREEN BORDERLESS setting..

I played a couple rounds FULLSCREEN EXCLUSIVE this morning and everything seemed to work OK.. But I like FULLSCREEN BORDERLESS because I can access online maps and such on my secondary monitory while in-game..

I set it to FULLSCREEN BORDERLESS and played a match.. Within 2 mins, I had a crash, but with a different coding..

COD-Crash3.jpg

I am going to set it back to FULLSCREEN EXCLUSIVE and see what I see..

Thanx for the reply... :D

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
OK MZ2/DMZ seems to play nice when run with FS EXCLUSIVE...

Which is REALLY a bummer because having access to maps and intel on my secondary is pretty sweet.. :(

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
It is hard to figure out these errors when they are differrent everytime. To bad we couldn't have a database or something of these with fixes.

Yea and it sure would be nice if Activision provided a translation for their Error Codes..

But I guess us mere mortals are not woke enough to have access to that intel.. :rolleyes:

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Welp, apparently it's NOT the FULLSCREEN issue.. I was on FS EX and just had another crash..

This one with a DIFFERENT error code..

COD-Crash4.jpg

Welp, instead of a xmas weekend of playing DMZ it's going to be an xmas weekend of FIXING DMZ..

Grrrrrrrrrr

angry.png

What makes this DOUBLEY frustrating is I am afraid to take any good weapons into a match.. Because if you have a crash, you lose it all....

Devs need to FIX **THAT** issue ASAP....

fords8

Recruit
Welp, apparently it's NOT the FULLSCREEN issue.. I was on FS EX and just had another crash..

This one with a DIFFERENT error code..

View attachment 2325

Welp, instead of a xmas weekend of playing DMZ it's going to be an xmas weekend of FIXING DMZ..

Grrrrrrrrrr

View attachment 2326

What makes this DOUBLEY frustrating is I am afraid to take any good weapons into a match.. Because if you have a crash, you lose it all....

Devs need to FIX **THAT** issue ASAP....
You have an Nvidia card? Try turning off Nvidia Ansel if you have not yet.

Solution 2: Turn off NVIDIA Ansel​

There is no official way to disable NVIDIA Ansel, which seems to be the most common culprit for this error code. Until NVIDIA or Call of Duty pushes out an update that prevents the issue from occurring, players will continue to experience Error Code 0x887a0005 in Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone.

1. Go to: c:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_d223212c0a2275b5\NvCamera\
  2. Delete the NvCamera Folder
  3. Search “cmd” in the Windows search bar
  4. Run Command Prompt as Administrator
  5. Type “NvCameraEnable.exe off” and hit Enter
  6. Exit Command Prompt

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
You have an Nvidia card? Try turning off Nvidia Ansel if you have not yet
  1. Go to: c:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_d223212c0a2275b5\NvCamera\
  2. Delete the NvCamera Folder
  3. Search “cmd” in the Windows search bar
  4. Run Command Prompt as Administrator
  5. Type “NvCameraEnable.exe off” and hit Enter
  6. Exit Command Prompt

It won't let me delete the NvCamera folder.

And in administrator CMD, it says no such file or command..

fords8

Recruit
@AntiCheatAgent94 someone wrote something to disable it. Of course since I didn't write it, I have to say use at own risk.

Got this from: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/feature-request-remove-ansel.264051/

disable_ansel.cmd
Code:
@echo off
:disable nvidia ansel - version 2
cd /d %systemroot%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository
for /f "delims=" %%a in ('dir /s /b NvCameraEnable.exe') do set "ansel=%%a"
%ansel% off
if errorlevel 1 (echo Ansel not disabled) else (echo Ansel disabled)
echo Press any key to exit...
pause > nul
exit

fords8

Recruit
l also found this:
3259_nvidia%20ansel%20folder%202.jpg

Double-click on NvCameraConfiguration.exe. should bring this up.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Well, I did a complete re-install of Winblows 11 last night and now I get MORE crashes than I did before..

A lot of the current ones are BSOD related and does indicate a RAM issue.. But benchmarks and tests on the RAM don't show any issues...

One other possibility occurred to me..

I am wondering if it might be Activision/Updates related.. The reason I think this is because there have been a lot of reports (@FreakDaddy et al) recently... And DMZ *IS* ostensibly in "BETA"...

So I am wondering if it is possible it's coming from Activision's side..

When it comes to PC stuff, I usually assume that the problem is at my end...

But in this case, the possibility must be acknowledged that it might be something outside our (PCers) control...

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
I think today I will install 3DMark and run it and see if I can get any errors..

3DMark really puts the graphics and memory thru the wringer..

If my pooter works fine with that, then it's a pretty safe bet that it's the game that is the issue..

It's also interesting to note that I ran a match of Battle Royale in WZ-Caldera.. Other than feeling a bit nostalgic, there were no issues...

Just occurred to me that I can also run WZ2 BR and see how THAT plays..

If THAT works fine, then there is no other conclusion to be had other than it's a DMZ specific issue..

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Before going thru with 3DMark and playing WZ2 BR, I decided to re-install my old memory...

This morning, I played 4 or 5 flawless games. Under FULLSCREEN EXCLUSIVE and FULLSCREEN BORDERLESS...

So, obviously my new memory doesn't like WZ2 DMZ... Which I find very difficult to believe..

VulcanMemory.jpg
The memory passes all benchmarks and tests and it's brand new...

I am going to follow thru with the 3DMark and WZ2 BR tests today... Will report the results..

freakdaddy64

Recruit
mine crashes in whatever mw2 game im in. i did read about going to windows defender and restore defaults and seems to be doing better. i dont have any issues with other games so i know its not my badass hardware. maybe my pc is too much for mw2 to handle lmao. fixin to go in now and see how it goes.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements