• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Can we please adjust the idiotic "Corner-Jump Meta"

Corner Jumping referring how basically EVERYONE will bunny-hop around a corner because it gives a pretty significant advantage (throws off any lined up headshot, while allowing the jumper to maintain near perfect accuracy)

I quit playing the COD series a long time ago, as their games moved away from what they were originally about, into more and more of an arcade mess

Anyways, Modern Warfare comes along, with the promise of higher realism than previous titles

And by and large, they have successfully managed to do that

-Ballistics over Hitscan

-Hyper realistic animations (with a few mistakes lol)

-Generally slower speed of movement

-Mounting, for more effective/realistic use of cover

I think there is a good balance where both arcade run-and-gunners can do well, but so can those who play tactically/realistically

But one thing I ABSOLUTELY cannot stand, is the corner-jump technique this game rewards FAR too heavily

It allows players to walk(hop) right into another person's gunsights and still win that fight, when frankly, they shouldnt at all

Essentially, a player who applies all the correct tactics, loses to someone who does the absolute worst thing you could do in a gunfight

The solution is rather simple-

No ADS while in the air

Includes free-falling from Warzone respawn, and even a simple jump, SHOULD pull you out of ADS

Now I know what the counter argument is:

"How are you supposed to deal with players holding an angle?"

And the answer is:

There is a plethora of real life tactics that work perfectly well in this game as well

As a tactical player, campers are easy meat as I know how to easily deal with them

Removing ADS while in the air will be a general improvement to the meta

No more killing players before they have even touched the ground (Warzone)

And before someone says "oh he just had that happen to him"

The opposite in fact, I killed a player before he could even get to the ground, and all I could think was "Man this is broken"

I am sure the arcade run-and-gunners are gonna downvote this to hell, but the fact is, you aren't the only kind of players in this game

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
Corner Jumping referring how basically EVERYONE will bunny-hop around a corner because it gives a pretty significant advantage (throws off any lined up headshot, while allowing the jumper to maintain near perfect accuracy)

I quit playing the COD series a long time ago, as their games moved away from what they were originally about, into more and more of an arcade mess

Anyways, Modern Warfare comes along, with the promise of higher realism than previous titles

And by and large, they have successfully managed to do that

-Ballistics over Hitscan

-Hyper realistic animations (with a few mistakes lol)

-Generally slower speed of movement

-Mounting, for more effective/realistic use of cover

I think there is a good balance where both arcade run-and-gunners can do well, but so can those who play tactically/realistically

But one thing I ABSOLUTELY cannot stand, is the corner-jump technique this game rewards FAR too heavily

It allows players to walk(hop) right into another person's gunsights and still win that fight, when frankly, they shouldnt at all

Essentially, a player who applies all the correct tactics, loses to someone who does the absolute worst thing you could do in a gunfight

The solution is rather simple-

No ADS while in the air

Includes free-falling from Warzone respawn, and even a simple jump, SHOULD pull you out of ADS

Now I know what the counter argument is:

"How are you supposed to deal with players holding an angle?"

And the answer is:

There is a plethora of real life tactics that work perfectly well in this game as well

As a tactical player, campers are easy meat as I know how to easily deal with them

Removing ADS while in the air will be a general improvement to the meta

No more killing players before they have even touched the ground (Warzone)

And before someone says "oh he just had that happen to him"

The opposite in fact, I killed a player before he could even get to the ground, and all I could think was "Man this is broken"

I am sure the arcade run-and-gunners are gonna downvote this to hell, but the fact is, you aren't the only kind of players in this game
Arcade run and gunner here, but I hate it when I run into a player who then starts doing the last act of Swan Lake but ends up killing me instead of dying like he is meant to.

I vote for the motion, not against it, unfortunately, IW is not a democratic business.

How does that even work?

On youtube multiple videos are claiming that jumping around a corner will enable you to see the enemy a splitsecond before they can see you.

BUT the only reason something like that would work would be because of serverlag/latency and if that is the case then running around the corner should do the exact same thing.

People claim it only works with jumping though, so it just doesnt make any sense to me (unless it really isnt lag and just piss poor game design allowing people to get an advantage this way)

Wiseowl

Recruit
How does that even work?

On youtube multiple videos are claiming that jumping around a corner will enable you to see the enemy a splitsecond before they can see you.

BUT the only reason something like that would work would be because of serverlag/latency and if that is the case then running around the corner should do the exact same thing.

People claim it only works with jumping though, so it just doesnt make any sense to me (unless it really isnt lag and just piss poor game design allowing people to get an advantage this way)
I think it is poor game design

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
How does that even work?

I agree with everything you said. *rolleyes*

Oh, look at me, I can jump around and snipe you mid-air!

Give me a break...

Wiseowl

Recruit
I agree with everything you said. *rolleyes*

Oh, look at me, I can jump around and snipe you mid-air!

Give me a break...
It’s not just around corners with jumping tho, lmao! Even when they are out in the open they know they are getting shot, they decide suddenly oh quick let’s jump. Some of the times they end up getting me.
Now l know what to do in real life, if someone came to rob me and my bf home, l’ll get him to jump with me! LMAO!!!

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
It’s not just around corners with jumping tho, lmao! Even when they are out in the open they know they are getting shot, they decide suddenly oh quick let’s jump. Some of the times they end up getting me.
Now l know what to do in real life, if someone came to rob me and my bf home, l’ll get him to jump with me! LMAO!!!
I have a flat face expression. "Whee look at me, I'm Mr. Happy Jumper." More like bunny hopper, bitch.

Wiseowl

Recruit
I have a flat face expression. "Whee look at me, I'm Mr. Happy Jumper." More like bunny hopper, bitch.
Actually ldk what a flat face expression looks like? It makes me think someone has been hit in the face with a spade! Lmao!

Hawkerra

Recruit
I wholeheartedly agree with this. Even if I'm not the one shooting at them. Even if they're on my team, watching someone do a little bunny hop around the corner as if it wasn't the stupidest thing you could do in a combat environment, while other people are actually playing tactically is the most infuriating thing ever.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements