• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Can you redownload COD Black Ops to a New PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hjaber

Recruit
I purchased COD Black Ops for my son on Blizzard.net about 3 months ago on his pc. It never fully loaded all the graphics etc. So we tried to get a refund from Blizzard, but they said he had to much play time in. So three months later and a new pc he wants to download again, but it's not showing as available to do so. My question is how do we download the game since I paid for it?!? Any help would be appreciated!

hjaber

Recruit
Yes...he says nothing is in there...it shows warzone...and for Coldwar it says buy now

Could it have something to do with it not fully loading originally...

hjaber

Recruit
Ok...update....This IS the computer he downloaded it to originally...so now I'm really confused as to why he can't get it back.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
As am I.. :D

I am on my work computer right now so accessing Battle Net is difficult.. I can check first thing tomorrow morning at home and see if I can find some info for you.. My day starts around 0400hrs EDT, so I'll post here with any info I find..

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
So, just to recap.

Originally purchased but it wasn't possible to install it, Warzone works ok though, so it wasn't an issue with specifications, not that it matters now as there is a new PC.

Now on the new PC you can no longer see Cold War in your son's Blizzard account, right?

Try logging on to your son's PC with your Blizzard account to install the game and then log in with your son's account to see if you can access the game from there.

I don't think it would make a difference to tell the truth, but it is worth a try.

If the game was purchased from your son's account it should still be showing there and you or he should still have a record of the sale. You can use those details to raise a ticket and hopefully that will get you a speedy resolution if it's not still showing on his account.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
I looked on my Battle Net and really didn't see anything that might help the OP..

I do seem to remember when I upgraded my PC (Motherboard, GFX, et al) I loaded up Battle Net, signed in with my old account and when I went to PURCHASE GAME, there was some small print which said "Already Purchased?? LOCATE your game install" or words to that effect.. The word 'LOCATE' had a hyper-link which, when clicked, would open up File Manager and allow me to locate my already purchased/installed game files...

Hope this helps..

Wish I could do more...

hjaber

Recruit
I looked on my Battle Net and really didn't see anything that might help the OP..

I do seem to remember when I upgraded my PC (Motherboard, GFX, et al) I loaded up Battle Net, signed in with my old account and when I went to PURCHASE GAME, there was some small print which said "Already Purchased?? LOCATE your game install" or words to that effect.. The word 'LOCATE' had a hyper-link which, when clicked, would open up File Manager and allow me to locate my already purchased/installed game files...

Hope this helps..

Wish I could do more...
Thank you. Yeah we tried to locate anything at all....we put in a ticket with Blizzard to see if they have anything on file. I have a feeling I will have to purchase again...

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
If he still has the original PC with the game installed, find the install location on the PC, copy then to an external hard drive and then copy those files on to the new PC.

After that try the locate game files and hopefully the Battlenet Launcher will see those files, apply the latest updates/patches and let you both play.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements