• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Console Chumps and Aim Assist

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Kudos..

Speaking as another not-so great (PC) player (I am happy with just a few kills per match. :D) I have to say that at least yer open-minded enough to actually test the concept..

I'll be very interested in your results...

jrochet

Recruit
Well, sadly as it is, I am surprised to say that Target Aim Assist does indeed work in multiplayer. I turned it off and it was immediately as though I'm playing a different game and I have zero aim anymore.

Blown away. Now I have to relearn how to aim and am starting at ground zero. Booooo. Sorry I was wrong.

...well maybe a slight exaggeration, my aim seems to be getting better quickly. So it's not the end of the world, but still admit aim assist does help a lot.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
Well, that settles the question as to whether or not console's aimbot is all that..

My definition of a 'cheat' is an advantage that is not available to all players.. A HeartBeat Sensor is not a 'cheat' because it's available to all players..

The console'ers aimbot is a cheat because it's not available to all players. The only way to make the game fair is to give PC'ers an aimbot as well..

"So Say We All"
-Battlestar Galactica

:D

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
I'm a PC player, and I'm really tired of this conversation about aim assist.

Even the best players can get caught out by other less competent players, and there are a number of factors that can affect how well a player does in a game.

I watched a video by @SamimSupreme in which he said to start by adjusting how the player sits at their desk. My SPM has give from mid 200s to mid 600s and I regularly finish in top 3 during free for all games.

My point is, the tools I use haven't changed, it is just the way I use them.

Aim assist can help a player, but if the player has really poor game sense then no amount of aim assist will stop them from getting shot in the back.

Aim assist can help a player acquire a target but it is up to the player to assess which target is the biggest threat. It can work against them if there are multiple hostiles in front of them and aim assist acquires the least deadly threat. A skilled player will know they need to aim again, a less skilled player will get caught out.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
The majority of my kills and deaths come from CQB.. Coming across an enemy unexpectedly which results in a CF of a shootout..

In these instances, acquiring target is everything. In that, Aim Assist wins the day practically every time..

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
And, just let me add that there are many instances where I have had the upper hand many times in an encounter thanx to my handy dandy trusty dusty Heartbeat Sensor.. Since I am fully ghosted, I know where he is and he don't know where I am..

And yet, I still end up on the losing end because the enemy is able to acquire target (namely me) nearly instantly.. Again.. Thanx to his or her Aim Assist.

Funny thing is, I can use a controller with my PC. But would I get Aim Assist?? No... But a Console'er can use a Mouse/KB with their console.. And they still get Aim Assist...

Apologies if I am coming off as a whiney biatch (I am) but it simply indicates the deference that TPTB give to console'ers in detriment to the PC players...

Give us both Aim Assist.. Level the playing field.. That's all I am saying...

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
As one of those self-anointed "babies" :D I point out that a cheat is not pointless vis a vis game play... IW themselves have made that clear...

Having said that, I would be happy to come together.. Once TPTB level the playing field...

Giving a controller (which is a CHOICE for Console'ers) an aimbot advantage is like giving players with an NVidia Video Cards an aimbot that players with AMD Video Cards don't get... I am betting that those players with AMD Video Card wouldn't think their complaints were pointless...

When it comes to kills, 90% is 'Target Acquisition'... The Console aimbot makes TA simple (or at least simpler) for Console players...

If the option is not available to ALL players, then it's a cheat.. Pure and simple...

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
Why can't all gamers just come together and freaking hug it out...for crying out loud. Buncha babies complaining about pointless things.

PC and Console gamers UNITE!
I'd rather have a shootout, but I still have plenty of love for all players, regardless of their platform or choice of hardware for PC players.

I come across a lot of console players, I think less than 20% of players I see online are PC players, yet I still get into top 3 in Free For All games.

That might say more about the level I play at then it does about my opponents or my skill levels, but I think I can count the number of times that aim assist beat me on 1 hand. At least for those occasions when I thought he wouldn't have got me without it.

R.Rod

Recruit
It's so funny how aim assist was introduced in this game...yet it is completely over blown. I get it, you console guys need a leg up to compete with us PC mouse/keyboard users, but at the same time you guys have the option to use the same devices right? Seems that sales/money talks though, as well as whiners about PC players dominating console users in a legit matchup. They have skewed things so bad now that PC players need to be near pro to even compete in the game, which is a sad day in fps games if you ask me. Ya, I know, the console guys will admonish me for what I just said, but simply they do not know any better. It's a shame when real hand/eye coordination gets substituted for some fake augmented aim. Bad thing is most of these noobs don't even realize they are getting the assist...Maybe if they tried the game on a PC they would see just how lacking they were in comparison. Rant all you want console newbs...I have both platforms, but my heart lies with PC.
In the rare couple PC matches I have found it is pretty ez to see the difference between Console & PC is actually huge. It is the elephant in the room I didn't care about before because MW seemed to make it work really, really well eventually. In Cold War SBMM turns crossplay into a pro league tournament every login, there is definitely nothing casual about my matchmaking in Cold War, it is insane. Currently can only bare a few matches per login before hands are in the air and it is just pointless. Getting my ass handed to me by consoles never meant anything to me, getting constantly bombarded with what feels like unbalanced engagements because of aim assist that is what gets under my skin too quick. Console needs to understand PC players don't have much of a choice because crossplay turned off is hell.

AntiCheatAgent94

The Equalizer
. Currently can only bare a few matches per login before hands are in the air and it is just pointless. Getting my ass handed to me by consoles never meant anything to me, getting constantly bombarded with what feels like unbalanced engagements because of aim assist that is what gets under my skin too quick.

That's exactly how I feel.. Between the Consolers' aimbot and the teams (I always play SOLO) it's very frustrating.. I consistently place in the top 10 (often in the top 5) by sticking to the fringes of the map and scrupulously avoiding combat and concentrate on gathering loot.. Often this brings me to the attention of the rest of the players as a "top earner". Then I am set upon by teams (AKA roving gangs of douche-bag jackals :D heh) who can't handle 1v1 and Consoler's with their aimbots. Talk about stacking the deck against solo PC players!! :D heh

IW could easily fix these issues by adding PC only and CONSOLE only servers and creating SOLO/DUO/TRIO/QUAD games for Plunder like they do for Battle Royale.. If $$$ is the issue (as everyone agrees it is) it would INCREASE revenue by bringing back more PC'ers who have quit in frustration.. It's a win for everyone across the board...

Console needs to understand PC players don't have much of a choice because crossplay turned off is hell.

Aye and there's the rub.. Console players DO have a choice to use the better hardware IE Mouse/KB... PC'ers don't have that choice.. Especially if all one does is WARZONE because you CAN'T turn off cross-play in Warzone...

"Good talk.."
-Dr Rodney McKay, STARGATE ATLANTIS

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements