1. Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Do you think COD will ever die?

Discussion in 'Advanced Warfare' started by debtheweb, Jun 28, 2013.

1. nickjt

nickjt Recruit

I think it will eventually. Either a new major FPS will come through and take the market or eventually it will fade away. I think when the new VR headsets come in this will greatly benefit COD as it will give it a great immersion, but I think that COD needs to change some things to stand out from the crowd. I hope that they bring back some WW2 games, and maybe Vietnam, sticking to actual historical battles as they used to.

2. 3Quency

3Quency Recruit

Eventually it will run out of steam, many players have been and gone because of the whole copy and paste attitude that Call Of Duty has. It all depends on what arrives next.

3. Codmaster

Codmaster Recruit

Eventually it will. Even very succesfull tv-shows or series die out sometime. But this 'ever' is not in the near feature I believe. It's still a resounding succes at the moment and I don't see any signals of change at the moment.

4. GlacialDoom_Imported3

If you would've asked me before Advanced Warfare turned out to be great, I would've definitely said "yes", especially after the Ghosts flop.

However, now that Advanced Warfare has turned out to be great, I don't think so. Especially with Treyarch coming up next year (and most likely doing amazing work), the Call of Duty series will get more and more fans.

5. Glen_Imported3

Glen_Imported3 Recruit

I don't see any reason that they would stop, unless they all just give up and drop the thing completely. They're making good money with every game that they release, even if it was just slapped together and isn't a great game. And assume that they like that and want to keep it like that. So why would they stop? They've always got people buying as ling as they keep making.

6. gh0st233

gh0st233 Recruit

I think it's already starting to die. It's not as popular as it used to be, and how could it be popular, if there is a new one every year? Basically, if I want to be "cool" and play the most played Call of Duty, I have to spend 60€ yearly for the game, and their ridiculous season passes and special editions are getting on my nerves. It used to be a good game, before it started getting filled with annoying kids with no manners, who scream over the voice chat and insult your mother.

7. OGRICHBOI

OGRICHBOI Recruit

Although I would not like to admit it, I do think CoD will die. Like other franchises, everything MUST come to an end. Even though I don't want it to (countless memories playing with cousins and friend), I think it will eventually die.

8. harpazo22

harpazo22 Recruit

I think it's already starting to die off. It'll keep up the pace for a little while longer, but even if they were to keep pushing more games out it just won't be as popular as before when it was first staring out and gaining momentum. People get bored and move on quickly with a lot of things, that's just how our generation is. But at least they will be games that we can look back on and say they rocked!

9. ilivetofly

ilivetofly Recruit

Everything will end eventually but I think that CoD is going strong and will keep going for the foreseeable future.

Cod is the main runner in the "first person shooter" genre of games and I believe they will keep that plaque for the foreseeable future. What I love is that not all the games are made by the same studio, I think thats what has kept CoD fresh/

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Recruit

I think all gaming series will have to die eventually, as there won't be anywhere left to go with it, and even though the series might still be selling well, the game developers are going to have to eventually decide if it's worth keeping it not.

Whatever happens to COD, there's no denying that it's changed the face of gaming, and that's a pretty good legacy to leave behind.

11. Yosostupid

Yosostupid Recruit

While COD is definitely at a strong point, it is also on the decline. I can barely find a game in Advanced Warfare after waiting 2+ minutes, and sometimes I can't find a game at all. There has been much less publicity and mass hysteria over new Call of Duties. I used to hear all about how the next Call of Duty would be the one to change it all, and it would be the best game ever. Now, those same people are moving to Counter-Strike, Battlefield, etc. Call of Duty is slowly dying.

12. pwarbi

pwarbi Recruit

I do think that the makers of COD need to decide now one way or the other what they're going to do with the franchise. Either let it fade away slowly or come back with a ground breaking release that will ignite the interest again.

My feeling is that it should be left to gracefully fade away. I'm not sure where there is left to go with the series, and any new game will have to be a completely new game, with completely fresh ideas, and I don't see that happening.

13. jesolis

jesolis Recruit

Hello everyone! My name is Jorge Solis. Yes! I think Call of Duty will eventually die, meaning that it will not be manufactured anymore. Yet, as long as we remember the joy of playing the game, as long as we share our thoughts about this amazing game, Call of Duty will forever live in our hearts and it will never die. What do you guys think?

14. Frostae

Frostae Recruit

I highly doubt CoD will ever die out because it allows the player to receive what they want really easily and it stays the same at a basic level but makes enough changes to where it's something new each time which I think the community really likes!

15. pwarbi

pwarbi Recruit

While I still think it as a lot to offer, I do think that people are looking for more than it can give from a game now, and it may continue for a little while in the short term, long term there will be other games that take its place.

2 people like this.
  16. andy720

andy720 Recruit

Its hella quiet on ps3 platform. Thats for sure, right before summer i was able to find games in DOM, KC, Hardpoint, TDM....etc. all of a sudden all rooms were quiet and i can barely find 2_3 games in TDM....i just dont know why...

17. Carlos

Carlos Owner
    Staff Member Private

That's because everyone moved on from that game. Or PS3 for that matter.

andy720 likes this.
  18. andy720

andy720 Recruit

I agree. Maybe coz i still couldnt get on the fact that PS4 is required payment in order to MP now. Thats one of the reasons that i didt go for xbox coz since i am already paying for internet why am i still paying to play online. But...it id what it is,

19. Carlos

Carlos Owner
    Staff Member Private

Advanced Warfare is a good game, just that it sucks on PS3. The PS4 and Xbox One versions are the superior versions of Advanced Warfare. Yeah, you pay for online MP, but like you said "it is what it is."

20. R3ZZYY

R3ZZYY Recruit

As long as trey arch, sledge, and infinity ward, keep providing what the people want I don't believe it ever will.