1. Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: WWII, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Eating during play sessions

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Danblu, Apr 10, 2013.

Sponsored
  1. Thrix

Thrix Recruit

Haha, I do this ALL the time. Like I eat my breakfast on my laptop and I have some juice/water around here at all times. And it gets pretty ugly haha. But I got a new laptop the other day so I'll try not to do that so often, I don't want it to become sticky and dirty.

2. DavePearce

DavePearce Recruit

Back when I used to play Xbox 360 till early hours in the morning my snacks of choice would be glazed donuts, tripple choc cookies and energy drink. So unhealthy but tasty and convenient, especially when having to scoff a donut whilst the killcam is being shown :D

3. rossonomous

rossonomous Recruit

I tend to have a slice of pizza in between matches! 1 slice can tide me over until the next game finishes :D

Otherwise, cheeseballs are the next best thing!

4. eagle22

eagle22 Recruit

There is nothing wrong with eating during a gaming sesh! haha. i like to eat beef jerky while I am gaming. It makes me feel good knowing I am getting my protein in :)

5. goldenmaine

goldenmaine Recruit

I am also snacking when I am gaming but I only eat manageable kinds of foods like finger-foods and those that are not that messy. It s very hard not to eat while gaming because we spend lots of hours playing games and because we are so into it and are having fun, we forget to fill our stomachs and get really hungry during or after playing. So having a snack beside you is really ideal and the kind of food we choose must be easy to eat. I like popcorn, peanuts and some chips when gaming because they are easy to eat, not messy and can fill a hungry stomach.

6. FlyFish998

FlyFish998 Recruit

Ha! Personally, eating a steak dinner with a baked potato with a fork sounds ideal while gaming to me! Usually I adjust my gaming to whatever I am eating. For example, if I did have something like a steak dinner, I would play something like demolition where I would have down time to snack while waiting to respond.

For typically gaming I prefer fast snacks like chips, burgers, fast food, pizza, and of course soda. It sounds so stereotypical, but junk food really is great for gaming. :)

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Recruit

When I'm gaming I tend not to eat or drink anything to be honest, especially if it's a game I'm playing online and I have to concentrate.

I suppose there as been times when I've had a few friends over and we've all been playing and we've had a few beers and a pizza and that, but that's more of a social event than a gaming night for me. I often find after the beers I don't want to be bothered with the game anyway!

8. mooray

mooray Recruit

My favorite snack while gaming is soda and crisps. A hotdog in between the session would be nice too. Of course, there are the breaks in between missions and that is usually my crunch-time :)

9. Oropherion

Oropherion Recruit

I do tend to try to eat things that are impractical to eat during a gaming session, or I drink a protein shake so I don't need to technically eat anything. I hate it when my game-time cereal gets soggy :confused:

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Recruit

It's good to see that we're all picking the healthy options when it comes to gaming snacks! Beer, soda, pizza, crisps and chocolate, the cornerstones of a healthy diet!

I didn't see any mention of a salad, or a but of fruit mentioned anywhere on there, well...apart from the pineapple on my pizza, that counts right?!

3 people like this.
  11. harpazo22

harpazo22 Recruit

I do but really not that often. It gets the controller dirty and takes away from focusing on gaming.

2 people like this.
  12. x00901x

x00901x Recruit

While playing Call of Duty alone, I usually eat simple snacks that would not distract me from playing the game. Some snacks that I eat are: carrots and celery sticks. I try to eat snacks that also would not cause my hands to become sticky because I do not want the controllers to get sticky in the process of me snacking.However, whenever my friends come over, we tend to eat all types of junk food (licorice, chocolate, and chips) in order to stay up and play the game throughout the entire night. When I play Call of Duty online, I usually do not eat any snacks at all. I noticed that when I play Call of Duty online all of my attention is into the game and I lose focus of everything else around me.

13. HisDudeness

HisDudeness Recruit

As someone with not much money I can't I have too much to say about what I eat lol. I eat mostly rice, bread with cheese, potatoes and other cheap vegetables. It's all right though, I don't need much to be satisfied. But then again I'm a sucker for snacks when I'm medicated and if I'm playing I'll totally have some nachos or popcorn. If I actually happen to have some that is.

14. Joann Smith

Joann Smith Recruit

I eat chocolates, Sandwiches while playing.

15. LimelightLenny

LimelightLenny Recruit

I don't want anything too salty or greasy because it would ruin the controller so the best thing for me is a sandwich without tomatoes or lettuce. The bread is dry and doesn't affect my controller grip at all. There's meat and cheese in the sandwich to fill me up and mayonnaise for a savory effect. It's also not crunchy so I can eat it silently on the mic without making unneeded noise.

Sent from my caroline using Tapatalk

16. Toxic34

Toxic34 Recruit

Hot Pockets. Particularly pepperoni or Philly Steak & Cheese.

BTW, how exactly did Mountain Dew and Doritos end up becoming affiliated so much with gaming?