• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Warzone Error: unable to connect to server - Ive tried everything!!!!! Help me please

Status
Not open for further replies.

mordy rapp

Recruit
So Ive been playing Warzone since March with my office mates. Recently, I've been getting booted from games with an "Error unable to connect to host" whether IM playing solo or with my office mates.

Steps Ive taken so far (that have not worked)
  1. restart my computer (including Windows update)
  2. updated my graphics driver
  3. uninstalled and reinstall COD
  4. I found some CMD prompt internet related things (I forgot what I typed in but it din't help...)
  5. lowered a lot of my graphics settings like V-synch etc
Still, on average I get though the practice area, make it to the drop, probably within 10 seconds of landing in the warzoone game I am being booted with teh same error over and over

Other things to note:
1. my PC is a beast
2. I have 500 down internet and Im hardwired

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
Try to run a repair on the game, remove any overclocks and check temperatures, it might be that during practice your temperatures are ok but by the time you get into the game they have climbed to a point where your processor has become unstable, though that usually results in random crashes and not the same error time after time.

Also check your firewall/internet security settings and make sure the right ports are open, again, this is probably not the cause, but these are just things I can think of from the top of my head. I'm sure that if it was a port forwarding issue then you wouldn't have got into the game in first place. You can check here for more info on port forwarding.

Your connection speed is excellent but what sort of ping are you usually getting?

Did anything change on your PC prior to this issue starting?

mordy rapp

Recruit
Try to run a repair on the game, remove any overclocks and check temperatures, it might be that during practice your temperatures are ok but by the time you get into the game they have climbed to a point where your processor has become unstable, though that usually results in random crashes and not the same error time after time.

Also check your firewall/internet security settings and make sure the right ports are open, again, this is probably not the cause, but these are just things I can think of from the top of my head. I'm sure that if it was a port forwarding issue then you wouldn't have got into the game in first place. You can check here for more info on port forwarding.

Your connection speed is excellent but what sort of ping are you usually getting?

Did anything change on your PC prior to this issue starting?
Thank you for this.
I've attempted to repair the game but i actually don't make it through the repair without getting some kind of error (even after a fresh re-install.. ) so I'm thinking there was some kind of residual file that is corrupted.

Overclocks and temps, ill look into but I have a video editing computer with all the good specs so i can't imagine it being an overclock/overheating issue - but maybe. ill look into it and report back

firewall/security - im pretty sure i've checked this route.

PC changes? none that i can think of - the only thing that happened is that I filled up ALL my space on my C drive which was slowing down my pc like crazy so I got a new SSD and cloned the windows partition so now I have a lot more space.

Port forwarding... hmmm ill look into that

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
Thank you for this.
I've attempted to repair the game but i actually don't make it through the repair without getting some kind of error (even after a fresh re-install.. ) so I'm thinking there was some kind of residual file that is corrupted.

Overclocks and temps, ill look into but I have a video editing computer with all the good specs so i can't imagine it being an overclock/overheating issue - but maybe. ill look into it and report back

firewall/security - im pretty sure i've checked this route.

PC changes? none that i can think of - the only thing that happened is that I filled up ALL my space on my C drive which was slowing down my pc like crazy so I got a new SSD and cloned the windows partition so now I have a lot more space.

Port forwarding... hmmm ill look into that
I think it is unlikely to be port forwarding, the game used to work before and doesn't now, if it was port forwarding then that would have been an issue from the start, but I threw it out there as something to check in case something has changed and created that issue.

mordy rapp

Recruit
well i successfully ran a repair and.......... NO issues.
hmmm
what the heck else can it be???

Strang thing is - the computer next to me (my biz partner) with pretty much the same specs as me has his running fine. 0 issues. and randomly the other computer in the office, also next to me, is getting the same game-booting with the same cannot connect to host error as myself

very frustrating and clueless as to what to do next

OldMate

Recruit
well i successfully ran a repair and.......... NO issues.
hmmm
what the heck else can it be???

Strang thing is - the computer next to me (my biz partner) with pretty much the same specs as me has his running fine. 0 issues. and randomly the other computer in the office, also next to me, is getting the same game-booting with the same cannot connect to host error as myself

very frustrating and clueless as to what to do next
Having a lot of issues myself, have tried everything to my knowledge that i can do apart from a brand new windows install.

I have : Reset my IP Address with my ISP
Uninstalled/reinstalled Battle.net
uninstalled/reinstalled/repaired warzone
Deleted all drivers and reinstalled
unlinked my Battle.net account from activision and relinked it
reset my router config and NBN box
played online on other games, having an issue only with this and COD: Black ops, Cold war
attempted to create a ticket with Activision, internet site keeps breaking when i try

I have launched the game on my Laptop and it works fine.... not sure why it suddenly stopped working on this pc, i play warzone with some buddys of mine daily and have done since release, never had a problem with crashing at all.

mordy rapp

Recruit
Having a lot of issues myself, have tried everything to my knowledge that i can do apart from a brand new windows install.

I have : Reset my IP Address with my ISP
Uninstalled/reinstalled Battle.net
uninstalled/reinstalled/repaired warzone
Deleted all drivers and reinstalled
unlinked my Battle.net account from activision and relinked it
reset my router config and NBN box
played online on other games, having an issue only with this and COD: Black ops, Cold war
attempted to create a ticket with Activision, internet site keeps breaking when i try

I have launched the game on my Laptop and it works fine.... not sure why it suddenly stopped working on this pc, i play warzone with some buddys of mine daily and have done since release, never had a problem with crashing at all.
what worked for us (my office, where all my employees play together hahah) was resetting the router. Whatever the issue was, it had something to do with that. We don't have a static IP, so it must have gotten "stuck" on an IP that changed. Now whenever we have connection problems that is our go-to move which seems to work. Hope this is helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements