• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Warzone Gpu not working properly on warzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyry

Recruit
Not sure if this is the right place to ask for help but I tried everything I found out to fix this and was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem.

I have ryzen 5 3600 and gtx 1660 super with 16gb 3200mhz ram and only getting 40-60fps in game with the lowest settings. I have a friend who has the exact same components and is getting 100+ fps with same settings. The game shows that the gpu time is really high but the gpu is working fine in every other game and should not be bottlenecking the pc.
I have tried every simple fix people suggest in youtube (for ex. updating drivers, changing geforce experience settings and putting game on high performance) ,but nothing seems to work. Any ideas what could be causing this?

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
What drivers have you updated?

Most people will update their graphics driver, nVidia release drivers on a monthly basis. Motherboard chipset drivers, on the other hand, are often overlooked, and there are new AMD BIOS updates on the way.

Go to the AMD website and look for the AMD Drivers and Support section then use the tool to auto detect your mobo chipset and identify what drivers need updates, before giving you the option to install them.

pyry

Recruit
I tried that just now and it did put gpu and cpu on the same level. Did not increase the fps tho, now the cpu time that use to be like 5ms goes hand to hand with the high gpu time (like 20ms) :D

KeyboardDemon

I tried everything I found out to fix this
I'm willing to drop suggestions on what to try and things to look into like temperatures and power supply ratings etc... Maybe even trying your GPU in your friend's rig to see if he gets the same issue when you do. However, there is a strong chance that I'll be telling you to try things you've done before, if you could share what you have tried then we might find the answer sooner rather than later.

pyry

Recruit
Thanks. I have tried to update the gpu drivers and chipset. Changed the 3d settings in nvidia control panel to the ones that everyone seems suggesting online. Put on game mode in windows and chaenged the power setting to best performance and selected warzone specifically and put it on high performance. And also tried to fiddle all the game settings back and forth

freakdaddy64

Recruit
make sure your in game graphic quality settings are at thier lowest after you put geforce exp on performance and then go in game and tweak until you get vram slider to the lowest you can go and that should give you an avgerage best fps that you can get from game standpoint. lower the vram more fps gain.

pyry

Recruit
Yeah the game settings are at minimum but it doesnt help. And it get like half the fps it should. I just checked and while in game the gpu power is ~70wats and gpu voltage is 1 volt. Are those normal numbers?

freakdaddy64

Recruit
not sure, do you use msi afterburner. with afterburner i can see cpu performance percentage same with gpu. im running a amd 5600x and a rtx 3070 ti and gpu percentage is in the 90 percentile range so i know im im getting most from gpu as far as fps. and you need the right cpu to push it and that 5600 is an excellent cpu. if your gpu is up there in performance percentage then its doing its job. what display are you using and whats refresh rate and is in game setting set to allow most fps.

pyry

Recruit
Found the problem, thanks for all the advices! Last owner of the pc had installed the graphics card to wrong slot and when I changed it to the highest slot, the fps pretty much doubled itself. Thank you from the comments and have a great spring!

KeyboardDemon

Found the problem, thanks for all the advices! Last owner of the pc had installed the graphics card to wrong slot and when I changed it to the highest slot, the fps pretty much doubled itself. Thank you from the comments and have a great spring!
Well done for figuring it out, we probably would have spotted it if we had seen a picture but who posts pictures when looking for support, right?

Reminds me of when I got my new card, the fans never spun up, leading me to think there was an issue. Mind you, the temps never rose. I eventually found a setting called "zero rpm" that keeps the fans off until absolutely needed or a set threshold was hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements