• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Have you beaten the campaign on Veteran?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteeelWoool

Recruit
I gave up on Executive Order. The hallway part with no check points was just ridiculous, infinitely respawning enemies made it way too hard. I could never beat that, so I just gave up. I heard the hill part of SOG was very difficult too. That was troublesome even on normal difficulty.

I've never beaten any game on veteran, Call Of Duty BO 2 is extremely hard on veteran. I have mentioned in another post that I could not pass the first mission, I don't think I'll ever be able to pass it to be honest. I found regular a difficulty in the SOG part too, Some parts of the game are really hard and some are really easy.

So that's why I have never beaten it either.

Thanks

Arutea

Recruit
The first time I had Black Ops I played AND beat it on veteran.

I'm an achievement whore so I always wanted more gamerscore so thats why I always played veteran.

The black ops campaign was not that difficult on veteran. You wanna talk about a hard game on veteran?

Play Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare on veteran and tell me every CoD after that isn't easy.

BTCGuru81

Recruit
I gave up on Executive Order. The hallway part with no check points was just ridiculous, infinitely respawning enemies made it way too hard. I could never beat that, so I just gave up. I heard the hill part of SOG was very difficult too. That was troublesome even on normal difficulty.
I have beaten it. And I do agree that it's pretty ridiculous. I was stuck on it for a number of days. I'd read walkthroughs supposedly aimed at veteran mode but they didn't help. In the end, I eventually got through more out of luck than skill. In a game based on reflexes and strategic planning, this is not good game design, but then the first player aspect of the CoD franchise has been in a nose dive for years. Just keep plugging away at it. That trophy is calling out to you.

visto

Recruit
I might start this today. Haven't actually played the missions since I got the game, just been playing multiplayer. What are some of the walkthroughs you used?

GreenCamino

Recruit
I've never beaten any campaign on Veteran except for the World at War campaign and that took a lot of perseverance. I tried on Black Ops but on the mission where you break out of Vortuga (Can't remember the name at the time.), I got extremely pissed at having to restart over and over just to get killed either the same way or out of absolutely no where with someone coming from behind. I gave up before I finished the mission and that was it for my Veteran run on the campaign. I'm much more comfortable playing on Hardened than Veteran but enjoy the games the most on the normal difficulty.

Danblu

Recruit
I haven't, unfortunately. I first played on regular and moved to hardened on my second playthrough but that's it for me, not because I couldn't do it on Veteran but because I didn't thought I needed to. I guess I could still give it a try for the achievements though, those are never too many to have.

samb222

Recruit
I haven't even completed the campaign full stop! Haha. But I think I'm gonna try do a play-through of it tomorrow. Is the campaign any good? Will post back if I ever manage to finish it in Veteran!

derbestrafer

Recruit
I haven't, I give up really quickly after like 5 tries, and it was only in the first mission!.
Anyway I was just doing that to get trophies (PS3 version)

Khronic

Recruit
Yes I have beaten Black Ops on veteran. If you asked me to do it again? I would rather not play CoD for a month. Me and a friend did a playthrough on veteran and my god, what a test of will. I feel remotely attached to Vietnam veterans because of the shit I had to put up with. SOG and that mother fucking hill. Those were some of my darkest days.

Call me a noob, but I play every single game on Casual (pretty much because I mainly want to focus on the story, but at the same time, enjoy the game without being killed all the time). So no, I have never beaten Black Ops on Veteran, nor have I tried, or ever will.

chrislyons88

Recruit
I only play on veteran. I beat this game twice. once in 2 days, then once again in 1 sitting. I can't see why anyone wouldn't go on Veteran mode. If you have been playing FPSs before you know this game isn't hard at all. Even on it's hardest mode!

BTCGuru81

Recruit
It's kind of a ritual for me to save veteran mode until I see the next Call of Duty title announced. That way I have the fun of reliving the current title and triumphing over it's hardest challenges one last time. It is also good practice to get your hands back in shape. I tend to play less and less as the year rolls on due to mounting boredom with the maps so this is a good way to scrape off the rust.

kamy

Recruit
Nope i hardly played the campaign on normal difficulty for me the campaign is too boring as it is really the same to me. I have never completed a call of duty campaign apart from call of duty 4.

thethirdeye

Recruit
I've been every COD game on veteran, including this one. This game in my opinion was one of the easier ones. The biggest tips I have for veteran is, always aim for the head no matter what, and keep advancing.

I only play on veteran. I beat this game twice. once in 2 days, then once again in 1 sitting. I can't see why anyone wouldn't go on Veteran mode. If you have been playing FPSs before you know this game isn't hard at all. Even on it's hardest mode!

You sir, must be amazing. I haven't tried it on Veteran, but it can't be as easy as you say so, unless you are really good! Well, a lot of people have been saying it is easy, so I'll probably try it out on Veteran.

samb222

Recruit
Yes I have beaten Black Ops on veteran. If you asked me to do it again? I would rather not play CoD for a month. Me and a friend did a playthrough on veteran and my god, what a test of will. I feel remotely attached to Vietnam veterans because of the shit I had to put up with. SOG and that mother fucking hill. Those were some of my darkest days.
LOL! Haha, I can't imagine how hard it must of been for you to experience that amount of distress :p

I started the Campaign on Veteran today. Still struggling on the second mission. That's normal, right?

I had to beat the campaign on veteran it was based in Vietnam, so i had to have the Rolling stones play as I quelled NVA forces difficult but totally worth it especially in the mission where you bust into that one building with the spas-12 with dragons breath. A quality campaign especially the plot twist was even more dramatic when you fought through such a tough campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements