• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Help! New to COD used wrong email address

Status
Not open for further replies.

KompleXX

Recruit
So my son has got into a mit of a mess. He basically downloaded COD and proceeded to register with his email address as a name@yahoo.com but it should have been .co.uk.

The issue now is that the PS4 still thinks its the .com and we have no way of unblinking it. tried deleting COD off the PS4 and reinstalling but its remembered his .com account!
We do have an account now set up as .co.uk but I can't get that onto the PS4 ;-(

I don't want to continue with this account as we'll never have any way of updating it. I even tried to update it within the Activision account and trying to unlink but it keeps saying a verification code has been sent to the .com but obviously we can't access this.

Anyone advise? Ideally, if I could wipe any part of the .com account from PS4 so it doesn't remember it, all might be easier to sort out?

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
So my son has got into a mit of a mess. He basically downloaded COD and proceeded to register with his email address as a name@yahoo.com but it should have been .co.uk.

The issue now is that the PS4 still thinks its the .com and we have no way of unblinking it. tried deleting COD off the PS4 and reinstalling but its remembered his .com account!
We do have an account now set up as .co.uk but I can't get that onto the PS4 ;-(

I don't want to continue with this account as we'll never have any way of updating it. I even tried to update it within the Activision account and trying to unlink but it keeps saying a verification code has been sent to the .com but obviously we can't access this.

Anyone advise? Ideally, if I could wipe any part of the .com account from PS4 so it doesn't remember it, all might be easier to sort out?
It's tied to the PS4 account in question, so any time you login with the PS4 account, the Activision account understands that the account is linked to the email in question. If your son had just left the email address field alone, it would've understood that the correct address is the co.uk version. But he thought it was a prompt to change the address. So now you're gonna have to figure out how to reach Activision themselves. Make sure you have the ACTIVISION name only, and tell them to CHANGE the email in question, NOTHING ELSE.

Unlinking the PS4 account will cause you to lose your previous ranked up "player." (And, the name on Call of Duty/Activision games, to boot.)

KompleXX

Recruit
thanks for your response. We do have the .co.uk already set up so I doubt they can change it perhaps as its already registered to us? Surely there's a way of unblinking from the PS4 and logging out of COD from the PS4?

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
thanks for your response. We do have the .co.uk already set up so I doubt they can change it perhaps as its already registered to us? Surely there's a way of unblinking from the PS4 and logging out of COD from the PS4?
Well, if you had Modern Warfare (2019), you could, because that's the oldest version of the prompt. You want to trigger the ACTIVISION server prompt where it allows you to correct/edit the email address. Outside of that, there's CallofDuty.com but you're going to need to remember the account's password (even if you changed the email address from ps4).

Just understand that the PS4 account and the ACTIVISION account is entirely different. You can still use your PS4 account, no problem. The issue is the ACTIVISION account, on its own. Call of Duty is owned by ACTIVISION.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements