• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Warzone Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETT

Recruit
So basicly I run a GTX 1050Ti,i7 core with 16gs of ram on a Lenovo Legion laptop and I cant figure out how to make my game look decent.
Whichever resolution I pick with settings set to minimal I ALWAYS end up getting squared shadows or blurry and unclear distance surfaces and edges while zoomin in via sights,shaky treelines n bush resolutions aswell as trees themselves.
I change the resolution to get better FPS ,n while I do i cant figure out how to get rid of the distance issue.Ive been trying different.NVIDIA settings n laptop settings etc are all buffed up to support the .exe file for better performance.
Lemme know how to fix my distance issue,what do i tweak. Im willing to trade in anything graphics wise to clear that distance issue

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    413.4 KB · Views: 9

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
Have you tried using the auto-optimize settings from GeForce Experience?

What is the maximum screen resolution on your laptop? and what resolution are you running at?

The image looks like it was shot at something like 1440x900 but if you have a 1920x1080 screen resolution then you would get render issues on screen, it would look cleaner at 1920x1080 but that would be nearly double the pixel count so could reduce your frame rate, however, if you use the in-game settings and run a render resolution of 66% or lower you should find frame rates go up and then the image quality would improve.

Alternatively, you might find that 1440x900 might work ok if you run the game in windowed mode and not full screen.

ETT

Recruit
Have you tried using the auto-optimize settings from GeForce Experience?

What is the maximum screen resolution on your laptop? and what resolution are you running at?

The image looks like it was shot at something like 1440x900 but if you have a 1920x1080 screen resolution then you would get render issues on screen, it would look cleaner at 1920x1080 but that would be nearly double the pixel count so could reduce your frame rate, however, if you use the in-game settings and run a render resolution of 66% or lower you should find frame rates go up and then the image quality would improve.

Alternatively, you might find that 1440x900 might work ok if you run the game in windowed mode and not full screen.

I have used the auto-optimize. It sets res at 1330x sth and although i get 75 fps image quality sux. Also yes laptop is 1920x so drops frames alot,looks cleaner but even with 30-40ish fps i still get jagged edges in distance n squared shadows.
I will try the render resolution thing n the windowed mode n will get back to ya

I have used the auto-optimize. It sets res at 1330x sth and although i get 75 fps image quality sux. Also yes laptop is 1920x so drops frames alot,looks cleaner but even with 30-40ish fps i still get jagged edges in distance n squared shadows.
I will try the render resolution thing n the windowed mode n will get back to ya
your not running on your dedicated graphics card are you? Instead of the 1050. go to device manage and make sure. I disabled mine, because game was always trying to use it. also you should be in 1920x1080 on the slider. take off all geforce and revert them back if you have them on.

your Texture/details in options graphics if you put them on high you wont have that problem

ETT

Recruit
If i put em on high ill have potato fps :D i am runnin 1050Ti series afterall.
Fun fact - using extended borderless screen actually improved quality without lookin any different from fullscreen. Less distance issue,still there though. On a lower resolution than 1920x ,actually looking better. And yes I am using the GTX when playing the game,i double checked.
All in all I guess the 1050Ti can run the game,not poorly,not great but if u balance things out you can have a decent fps with a decent look.
I hate being in the middle though

KeyboardDemon

If i put em on high ill have potato fps :D i am runnin 1050Ti series afterall.
Fun fact - using extended borderless screen actually improved quality without lookin any different from fullscreen. Less distance issue,still there though. On a lower resolution than 1920x ,actually looking better. And yes I am using the GTX when playing the game,i double checked.
All in all I guess the 1050Ti can run the game,not poorly,not great but if u balance things out you can have a decent fps with a decent look.
I hate being in the middle though
Now that you have improved how it looks, try lowering the Render Resolution setting, if you can drop it as far as 50% otherwise go as low as you can to see if you get a more playable frame rate.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

ETT

Recruit
Dropin the render says in the option taht causes drops in fps doesnt it? So like what? from 1920x set as main res to drop it down to 1400x?

Also I feel like the anti-aliasing is causing me the issues...cant figure out which to use n the set grain etc options ...i have to jiggle there i feel

KeyboardDemon

I am uploading 2 videos of me playing the same map against bots, 1 with RR @ 100% the second with RR at 66%. I'll have it ready ASAP, but the first should be on this link:

If you can't play it first time you try, then give it time, it will be up soon, I've just started the upload and don't have the best broadband connection.

Also, try this guide:

KeyboardDemon

Here is a video of the same map and same settings at 66% render resolution:

YouTube says it will take about 46-minutes to upload.

So, in conclusion, I was hitting around 130-148fps at 100%, then over 200fps at some points with Render resolution at 66%, so it does seem worth doing.

ETT

Recruit
Its all good 4 ur GC but mine apperantly wants to show shit :D ive tried in different main res with different renders but all i get is shit. Idk maybe I have to configure other details from the option to clear up the pictutre. Any ideas?

KeyboardDemon

The square/pixelated background details look like the result of scaling issues, the way I understand that is you are asking your monitor to display a resolution that would require a different native resolution to the resolution of your monitor. The squares are a result of your monitor not being able to show those parts of the images as the pixels in the monitor are the wrong size so it has to combine pixels to approximate the intended output.

Take a look at this video that shows how to optimize settings to play Warzone on a GTX 1050 Ti.

Follow these settings first and then try setting your Shadow Map Resolution to High, I have found a few sources that state the pixelation issue was really common before April and that update in April fixed it for most players, I haven't found anyone that said it outright, but a few seem to suggest the pixelation is due to shadows not rendering correctly.

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
Your 1050ti is basically the same as my 980 - 4GB with roughly 7k memory speed - and we both have an i7 (7700k here). I can run this game (from my desktop PC) on 1080p at near 100fps with all the graphics settings set to low. So there is no way you should have issues running at 1080p and be getting "30-40fps".

As Hunt said, I'm pretty sure your laptop is defaulting to using the dedicated onboard graphics card instead of your 1050ti. You need to go into the settings and re-order them or just disable the integrated card altogether.

I can also absolutely confirm that upscaling from a lower resolution looks awful. Somehow mine got changed one day (99.999999% positive I didn't change it), and just from the Warzone lobby screen I could tell things looked...."off". Everything looked blurry with some pixelation etc. Do not play at a lower resolution and upscale to 1080p.

KeyboardDemon

Your 1050ti is basically the same as my 980 - 4GB with roughly 7k memory speed - and we both have an i7 (7700k here). I can run this game (from my desktop PC) on 1080p at near 100fps with all the graphics settings set to low. So there is no way you should have issues running at 1080p and be getting "30-40fps".

As Hunt said, I'm pretty sure your laptop is defaulting to using the dedicated onboard graphics card instead of your 1050ti. You need to go into the settings and re-order them or just disable the integrated card altogether.

I can also absolutely confirm that upscaling from a lower resolution looks awful. Somehow mine got changed one day (99.999999% positive I didn't change it), and just from the Warzone lobby screen I could tell things looked...."off". Everything looked blurry with some pixelation etc. Do not play at a lower resolution and upscale to 1080p.
I am not so sure that it is his laptop and the integrated GPU, I found quite a few videos on YouTube that support the premise that there has been a problem that started shortly after the launch of Warzone and then got sorted for most people in the April update.

There are quite a few graphics related issues that I have experienced too, such as updates forcing my graphics settings to change, things like scaling and resolution being messed with in ways I don't like and even ray-tracing getting turned on, which I find very distracting to go from a dark area into bright sunshine, not to mention the drop in fps.

Then this happened when I loaded it up to play today:

I think this is something similar to what ETT is getting and I don't have integrated graphics, see my specs in my sig.

I am not so sure that it is his laptop and the integrated GPU, I found quite a few videos on YouTube that support the premise that there has been a problem that started shortly after the launch of Warzone and then got sorted for most people in the April update.

There are quite a few graphics related issues that I have experienced too, such as updates forcing my graphics settings to change, things like scaling and resolution being messed with in ways I don't like and even ray-tracing getting turned on, which I find very distracting to go from a dark area into bright sunshine, not to mention the drop in fps.

Then this happened when I loaded it up to play today:

I think this is something similar to what ETT is getting and I don't have integrated graphics, see my specs in my sig.
I have gotten into games where my fps was in the 15-20 right off the bat. I think that was a bug, Because I just got out then back in the game was fine. I also have had my Graphics adjust them self as you said, But I think more of the problem was me hitting alt-tab out or some how it didn't really go into the game like I did Alt-tab out, It changes my resolution when I got back in the game also.

KeyboardDemon

I have gotten into games where my fps was in the 15-20 right off the bat. I think that was a bug, Because I just got out then back in the game was fine. I also have had my Graphics adjust them self as you said, But I think more of the problem was me hitting alt-tab out or some how it didn't really go into the game like I did Alt-tab out, It changes my resolution when I got back in the game also.
When your frame rates drop like that, try going into settings and coming out again to see if that fixes it.

I just realised that people using Tapatalk can't see my signature, my specs are Ryzen 5 3600, B450 motherboard, RTX 2070 Super, 16Gb RAM and other bits. Just a simple miss range gaming PC.

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
When your frame rates drop like that, try going into settings and coming out again to see if that fixes it.

I just realised that people using Tapatalk can't see my signature, my specs are Ryzen 5 3600, B450 motherboard, RTX 2070 Super, 16Gb RAM and other bits. Just a simple miss range gaming PC.

Puts mine to shame. I built mine years ago as a CS GO machine, which doesn't require a good GPU so the main focus was on the CPU. i7 7700k with a pitiful GTX 980 and 32GB RAM. I'm eyeballing a 2080ti at some point in the near future.

I've lost the ability to record with OBS while playing Warzone and maintain 60fps, something I was able to do and still maintain like >120fps in Pubg. So a GPU upgrade is definitely in short order.

KeyboardDemon

Puts mine to shame. I built mine years ago as a CS GO machine, which doesn't require a good GPU so the main focus was on the CPU. i7 7700k with a pitiful GTX 980 and 32GB RAM. I'm eyeballing a 2080ti at some point in the near future.

I've lost the ability to record with OBS while playing Warzone and maintain 60fps, something I was able to do and still maintain like >120fps in Pubg. So a GPU upgrade is definitely in short order.
Hey.... don't knock the GTX 980, that's an awesome card, I still mine in my other PC.

I wouldn't blame your PC for its inability to use OBS while you're playing CoD and still get a good frame rate, the game clearly has some optimization issues, it's over 250GB in size when far more complex games are doing so much more with much lower requirements on storage.

My 3770k was doing a pretty good job of playing CoD with some fettling in the settings, and if I am honest I only built a new PC so I could play some games with my son and to get over my epeen envy! :(

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
I wouldn't blame your PC for its inability to use OBS while you're playing CoD and still get a good frame rate, the game clearly has some optimization issues, it's over 250GB in size when far more complex games are doing so much more with much lower requirements on storage.

Right, and that is going to be fixed approximately never haha so in the meantime the only way for me to get my frames back is to upgrade my GPU. I'd also like to be able to play on something better than "low" graphics settings at some point!

CMCFLYYY

Recruit
What's your budget?

Well I said I was eyeballing a 2080ti haha. I built this PC for the most part over 4 years ago. When I build I tend to overbuild so that I'm good for 5+ years. I built this PC to get max frames on CS Go which is CPU intensive, so I skimped on the GPU at the time. So if I'm going to upgrad my GPU now, I'd likely go with the best I can get so I don't have to think about upgrading for another 5 years. Also when I built this, I went a little cheap on the case and I don't have anything fancy on the interior. I do really want to do a new case and get a liquid cooler and some other RGB stuff, but at this point I'd get more enjoyment out of the GPU than all that.

If that's your PC in your avatar, that's a nice looking setup you've got going on there. From a google image search, that glass looks like it'd be darker and harder to see through, but not so much in your pic. I've been looking at the ThermalTake View 71 TG RGB. Would get matching ThermalTake RAM and PSU if I went that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements