• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

How do you play the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moaz13

Recruit
I'm more of a casual so I don't care about the meta or anything. Usualy look for having most speed and quick weapons so zip around and headshot.

jaray87

Recruit
Looking for and getting as many kills as I can from the get go. No particuar strategy involved at the start, just trying to stay alive.

I usually try to find a portion of the map to keep as my own. i.e. a multi-level building. Figure out routes to cover the whole area and run those routes keeping people out of my house.

Servace

Recruit
I love to run around with a sub machine gun or assault riffle. I am not one of those types who would like to hide and wait for people to come. I need to go to where the action is and surprise them by not just camping.

Neophytez

Recruit
I usually go rampage mode ;) But most of the time I use my sound, check behind the corners, sometimes I snipe. Depends on gametype.

js85

Recruit
I'm a rusher. And that's my biggest weakness, but I can't stand to stand still! I've been challenging myself with slower guns recently, to try to slow me down. But I'm generally an AR/SMG, run and gunner.

GlacialDoom

Recruit
I usually rush in like a complete idiot. From here on there are 2 things that can happen:

1. I die like the idiot I am;
2. I get lucky and kill some enemies.

Sad, I know.

If I have anything other than a sniper rifle, I run-and-gun throughout the entire map. I won't keep a specific route while I'm playing unless it's either a small map or a larger one that has a lot of movement. I'll carry anywhere from a 2.0 to 3.5 K/D ratio overall for a given Call of Duty game, so I'm not afraid to run around.

Snipers are a different story. I stick to a more traditional role with snipers by staying out of the way, sometimes camping, although I won't just sit with my scope zoomed in on a corner to kill people that will never see me. That's not what I like doing.

Hiyabats

Recruit
I go slow and find an area I think will be easy to defend, yet hard to approach and set up my base of operations from there. I have found buildings are pretty good when it comes to this type of play. It is sometimes hard to go slowly since many people go for the rush in, spray and pray method. I am a hider not a seeker. You want me you will have to come and find me before I get a bead on you and take that head shot. I won't just sit idly by mind you. I wait until there are less people to deal with and then make my move.

ReaperTV

Recruit
You're never really going to "zip around and headshot". If you want to be good at this game you're going to have to think about what your doing. I know you don't want the meta but you're not going to get anywhere without it.
1. Use sound, you might know where people are by where they are shooting.
2. Use the minimap.
3. Learn maps.
Also, most Cod games have a perk called marathon the lets you sprint forever. It help a lot by letting you get from place to place quickly.

Larrel94

Recruit
Always been a run and gun sort of guy myself. Like guns like the M4A1 and shooting people in the back. I always shoot someone and two seconds later their buddy comes around the corner and kills me. Pisses me off.

Qarnage

Recruit
This has always been my philosophy with COD...

R.U.S.H

Run Until Something Happens
Been the same for me ever since I started. I think it's a good thing though, you will fail a lot when you start but after a certain period of time you kind of develop some instict that know where you can run and where you can't. I'm still running around a lot and will often fail at the release of a new game due to not knowing the maps etc. but after a while I kind of instinctively know where to run, which sometimes leads to great results.

Servace

Recruit
You're never really going to "zip around and headshot". If you want to be good at this game you're going to have to think about what your doing. I know you don't want the meta but you're not going to get anywhere without it.
1. Use sound, you might know where people are by where they are shooting.
2. Use the minimap.
3. Learn maps.
Also, most Cod games have a perk called marathon the lets you sprint forever. It help a lot by letting you get from place to place quickly.

This is where the gaming headsets come into play. You can hear almost anything on those headsets.

Qarnage

Recruit
Not only that but it's definitely the most fun way to play as well.
Definitely, although I must say that in the more team-oriented game-modes I tend to rush in a lot less. I'm also quite fond of tactical play and controlling certain areas of the map with the help of your team. It's not really that much fun when you're alone though, for example during deathmatches, which is why I always rush in those kinds of modes.

Depends what mood I'm in to be honest. When I first play with a new Call of Duty I usually just load up an assault rifle class and run around fairly cautiously until I run into enemies or complete objectives since I don't know the maps too well. As time goes on though I usually shift to a shotgun class and use map knowledge to take on enemies close range.

Depends what mood I'm in to be honest. When I first play with a new Call of Duty I usually just load up an assault rifle class and run around fairly cautiously until I run into enemies or complete objectives since I don't know the maps too well. As time goes on though I usually shift to a shotgun class and use map knowledge to take on enemies close range.

This 100%. I used to love running the below deck tunnels in BLOPSII on hijacked. i would just do laps and cap flags with an 870

BluBird

Recruit
My tactics are very different... partly due to playing so much KC, partly due to the how the game plays.

MP7 is my choice and I love Stalker Pro. ADS on the move is a huge benefit as is the delay in claymores (even the IMS). I sued to be a stealth ninja but now it's more a quick hit and move. I'm in and out and someplace else before they know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements