• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

I miss this game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzi

Recruit
I remember this game back in the day, I had the BEST times with all my friends. The second I think about this game I remember my first match on Rundown doing HORRIBLE but having the time of my life, but now if I do horrible I get angry and start smashing controllers....

I miss MW2 so much and really hope in CoD; Ghosts I can re-live the great experience but I doubt that it will be anything like MW2 sadly.

MegaZero

Recruit
Man! Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 was where I started to LOVE the call of duty series! I still remember playing with my friends all night and just forgetting about sleeping! Love this game!

mattco

Recruit
Oh man! Me too! I loved this game because all the hours I spent with my friends on this game. I thought the game was a horrible piece of shit but I kept playing it and it turned out to be one of the better games I have played once you get over all the douche bags online. I really do miss this game and I hope Ghosts brings something new to the CoD series!

Haha! I feel the same way. After the first Modern Warfare I never really cared for any of the sequels. What made the games for me was the fact that I had such great friends with such good memories. I can remember staying up all night long making jokes and finding new and creative ways to kill our enemies. I also share your sentiments toward the new Ghost revitalizing the Call of Duty name!

It was a decent game in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I had a blast playing with my friends. What ruined it for me were the amount of hacks present and the lack of support the game got from IW. We had OMA abusers and challenge lobbies and God mode, and very little was done for the community, and what was done took too long.

Regardless, I still put a lot of time into it, and the biggest thing I miss is playing with a bunch of buddies I know and having a blast. Most of my friends have moved on and I just don't get the same enjoyment playing CoD anymore. But of course, that isn't a fault within the game, just my own preferences.

Uzi

Recruit
I agree, back in those days tons of lobbies were modded and also everyone boosted... back then there was no such thing as IW banning boosters, I'm so glad that now cheaters are banned from playing the games... just makes everything so much more fun!

debtheweb

Recruit
My favourite online maps are on this game! Sub base, Terminal, and Wasteland were the best! Got my longest streak in sub base, knew every good spot, I spent hours and hours playing. It was the best.

rossonomous

Recruit
I am really looking forward to playing this again when I get my new PS3 tomorrow. I've had my biggest kill streaks on here (80-90's). Haven't played it in so long I can't remember all the names of my favourite maps though. Terminal was one, and the other was the desert type one with the cliff side and crashed plane.

Thrix

Recruit
Believe it or not, I have yet to play this! For some reason I skipped it. Well actually I tried to play it, but back then my computer wasn't nearly powerful enough. Later on I completely forgot about it.

So I should play it?

TheViper

Recruit
This was when Call Of Duty still wasn't repetitive. Now they are getting lazy and think people don't notice. Well, I guess it is time to crank out this game and play it for a little bit.

DavePearce

Recruit
MW1 and this MW2 were the peak of gaming for COD. Amazing maps, guns and everything seemed new. The perfect combinations for FPS's.
I still have this game for PS3 but admittedly haven't played it in years which is a real shame because it is amazing. Maybe I will go back to it soon.

Are the online servers still as busy as they used to be?...I hope so

Parth

Recruit
Yeah seriously this was the best game ever. I still play it from time to time, the online servers are still busy (not as much as they used to be but not bad). I think this game will be around for a long time because people still go back time to time for the nostalgia.

bulajunior

Recruit
I agree with TheViper. As much as I played it I never found it repetitive nor boring. It was just the best game ever. Everything was pretty balanced, except for the silenced UMP45 of course. Sadly, the servers are not as busy as before (the golden age!) but hopefully there's still some people playing it! Including me.

3Quency

Recruit
i was really awful at all the Call Of Duty games with the exception of the 1st and 2nd version of MW, M21 with stopping power/FMJ was the ultimate fast trigger weapon.

eagle22

Recruit
Haha yup! I would spend hours on that game every single day with my friends. Oh man, I hope they bring something like that back in the near future.

Temperance

Recruit
I miss this game, too! It was the one that really got me into Call of Duty and none of the newer ones have quite matched up to it yet. Though I think they've improved gameplay over time, I don't believe any of them have quite matched the map design that this game had.

It's hard to believe just how much time this game sucked away from me. Haha. I have so many good memories of playing this with my clan back in the day.

3Quency

Recruit
It was one of those games wasn't it, it came out when I was starting college and I would look forward to coming back and playing into the early of hours of the morning with friends, we'd all go into a party and that would be it, me disappeared for a few hours haha.

72gold72

Recruit
This was the firs COD that I had really gotten into and played multiplier with my friends. We would get so many of my friends wanting to play with use that we ended up making a clan. For some reason after mw2 some of my friends stopped buying the new game and now only 2 or 3 of us play. But my best gaming memories are with mw2!

OGRICHBOI

Recruit
Same! I remember playing all CoD games with my friends on the PS3. One time I stayed up all night playing Modern Warfare 2, which is my absolutely favorite game out of the whole franchise.

BonClay

Recruit
This game is Call of Duty! The maps, the gameplay, the community, everything was great about this game. Once all the other titles starting rolling out, I felt MW2 started to sink. Only the real die hard fans stuck with the game and it still has a huge following. I wonder if they'll ever do a revamp in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like CODForums!

Advertisements