• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

intel or amd

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
The answer right now is AMD, because they're doing everything right so far. My only issue right now is the choices of graphics cards. It's a bit confusing which card is best for my case.

Same thing for Nvidia, but I'm scarred from how they handled PS3's graphics chip or current slate of graphics cards.

Intel? Intel, intel, intel... they're known as a chip manufacturer. For a long time, they were known for CPU's since the 90's. But they're moving into graphics chips, too. I'm not too sure of how well they're gonna be in 5, 10 years from now. But it's clear that Intel considers AMD a threat as a competitor, that's good news for everyone. That means we get good products in the years to come.

KeyboardDemon

PC Gamer: Nearly Dangerous
Not to contradict @Carlos as AMD are doing everything right, however the 7000 series X3D CPUs have a couple of issues.

The minor issue is with the Single or Twin CCDs. The 7800X3D uses a single CCD and that's best for gaming performance, the 7900X3D and 7950X3D both use 2 CCDs, as you can't get more than 8-cores on 1. 2 CCDs introduces lag which is not good for gaming performance.

The bigger issue has been with motherboard manufacturers and Asus has been singled out by the press for how they handled the situation. Essentially, the power management is not being correctly managed and too much power is being fed to CPUs leading to them burning up, killing both the processor and motherboard. BIOS updates to resolve the issue have not fixed it and the controversy comes from brands releasing beta updates and then saying using a beta BIOS will invalidate the mobo warranty.

The main advantage that AMD used to have over Intel has always been value, but Intel have started pricing more competitively now, following pressure from AMD, but in my opinion AMD offers the better performance option, just make sure the mobo you get is not 1 of the affected models.

Simple, I have always used Intel for my builds. They, in my opinion, are more stable and generally run at reasonable temperatures. I read forums such as this and the majority of the user complaints are coming from those with AMD based systems. For me that is 'nuff said'.

freakdaddy64

Recruit
well i asked because i have been amd forever now but back in the day i had intel and dont have a problem with them even though i shoot shots at anticheat about it and now im thinking of going back to intel just because. and i dont care about ddr5 so i would not have to break the bank to do so. all i need is cpu and motherboard. looking at this.
and this

578 bucks and i know i can get half that back selling my current cpu and mobo. i love what i have but just looking to try something different.

im not concrete on that mobo still looking. i like the msi 660 tomahawk also.

KeyboardDemon

You know what I'm going to say already don't you?.

How big is the performance gap between the i9 and the i7?

Is it worth paying the difference?

I'm sure you'll find the performance difference will be single digit percentage gains while the price difference is a double digit percentage increase.

Also, it might make more sense to go with 13th gen rather then buying 12th gen then upgrading later.

KeyboardDemon

Well, in that case, I would consider looking at the performance difference between the i9 and i7. You might find that for not a lot more cash, you could move up to a 13th gen i7 with DDR5 instead of a 12th gen i9 with DDR4.

Linus has a recently posted video on RAM speed, I've not had time to watch it yet, but there might be something in that that shows you it has benefits that you might appreciate.

freakdaddy64

Recruit
I'll definitely look into it

after watching this i think im really in good shape for quite awhile and performance wasnt an issue. i am just considering going team blue to tinker on that side of the fence and i dont see going ddr5 worth the cash at all.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd2V7emO8Es

if i do anything i have narrowed it down to intel 19 1200kf
evga z690 kingpin mobo
trident z5 rgb 64 gb ddr5 6400
us$ 1045.00 newegg then sell my cpu mobo and ram for $400.00 so final cost around $645.00 to upgrade to intel ddr5 system.

KeyboardDemon

Kingpin mobo only makes sense if you're planning some extreme overclocking, Kingpin being an extreme overclocker and one of the key design consultants behind this range of boards. I'm sure other z690 mobos would perform just as well at stock as the Kingpin.

freakdaddy64

Recruit
i can switch to this

and go with 32 gb of ddr5 6000 instead of 64 and get down to us$571.00 from newegg, mobo and cpu is combo which saves $165 and the game warhammer is included.

and sell my cpu and mobo and ram for $350 maybe 400 and go team blue ddr5 for a cost of $200 maybe 250

KeyboardDemon

after watching this i think im really in good shape for quite awhile and performance wasnt an issue. i am just considering going team blue to tinker on that side of the fence and i dont see going ddr5 worth the cash at all.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd2V7emO8Es
I've just watched this video, I thought Intel were starting to make a compelling argument for moving up to a new i7, but this video makes the proposition seem a lot weaker right now, give it another generation before making that leap and take the time to save up for a big switch.

freakdaddy64

Recruit
well after hours of research and video watching im staying team red and i have come to the conclusion that my rig as it sits right now is one bad ass solid performing machine and in no way would it be a wise decision to make any move and it would be a total waste of money.:cool:

freakdaddy64

Recruit
yeah it does

yeah it does

I will wait for the Quantum processor, then i will have 10000fps in cod:)

quantum processor​

freakdaddy64

Recruit
heck just get the celeron 1.8 and you will be fine. my first pc was a celeron 1.8 and bought a 64mb gpu and played counter strike like a champ lmao the good ole days

Like CODForums!

Advertisements