• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Angels of Death

Modern Warfare PC glitching every few seconds bug

80 degrees is really high imo, but it shouldn't be high enough for the card to start throttling (they usually start doing that closer to 90)

But still 80 is pretty high. My card never goes over 60 with the fans turned all the way down at 20%. With the fans at 50% im at around 45 degrees.
I disagree with 80 high/ that is a fine working tempature, Don't worry about that. when you start getting to 86 or so then maybe yes start looking. because thats when the red starts turning on about tempature is getting hot. Also you prob have more fans better cooling etc. I have this laptop i have and it came from Factory hitting 74-76 degrees. from the start Thats using Turbo . My old laptop started at 86 and yes that was Using Turbo mode. not casual etc. But none the less it would stay and maintain 86.

I disagree with 80 high/ that is a fine working tempature, Don't worry about that. when you start getting to 86 or so then maybe yes start looking. because thats when the red starts turning on about tempature is getting hot. Also you prob have more fans better cooling etc. I have this laptop i have and it came from Factory hitting 74-76 degrees. from the start Thats using Turbo . My old laptop started at 86 and yes that was Using Turbo mode. not casual etc. But none the less it would stay and maintain 86.
That's not turning My fan to turbo also. That's just default.

Angels of Death

That's not turning My fan to turbo also. That's just default.
Running a card at those temps will drastically shortens the life of the card. It shouldn't cause problems in game, but cooler is always better in the long run

DizzyDemon

Recruit
When ever we get posts about graphics issues on a system that only glitches when playing Call of Duty, my usual response is to talk about connection issues, it's not alway server based, as can be seen here and in my own case, where some re-arranging of my router helped resolve nearly all of my issues. But we can see it was a connection issue, because moving the PC from 1 location to another internet connection fixed the issue.

80c for a Radeon 5700XT is nothing to worry about, but if it is a concern, add more intake fans to blow into the GPU if possible, that card has a T-Junction of 100c, so you're well within safe running temps.

Ping shows the speed at which you can send out a request and get a response from a network location, nothing else, it doesn't measure the quality of your connection, just the speed of response.

Connection quality is measured using jitter, if you look at this plot of a graph that shows download and upload speed using speedtest.org you will see that it is smooth graph, indicating that there was a steady, clean, download or upload test, a connection with high jitter would not be smooth and flat, it would be filled with peaks and valleys.

Speedtest test result 9.9.2020.jpg

This test is not giving me a full picture of what's happening with my connection, there are no figures for packet loss or jitter, I am sure Speedtest used to do it, the Android app still gives Jitter results, but that jitter might be a result of the wireless connection between my device and router.

See if you can google how to test for jitter, it's not very easy, iirc, but it will help you pin-point if the fault is in your home, which your ISP is not responsible for or if it happens before the internet connection reaches your home, which your ISP might be responsible for.

When ever we get posts about graphics issues on a system that only glitches when playing Call of Duty, my usual response is to talk about connection issues, it's not alway server based, as can be seen here and in my own case, where some re-arranging of my router helped resolve nearly all of my issues. But we can see it was a connection issue, because moving the PC from 1 location to another internet connection fixed the issue.

80c for a Radeon 5700XT is nothing to worry about, but if it is a concern, add more intake fans to blow into the GPU if possible, that card has a T-Junction of 100c, so you're well within safe running temps.

Ping shows the speed at which you can send out a request and get a response from a network location, nothing else, it doesn't measure the quality of your connection, just the speed of response.

Connection quality is measured using jitter, if you look at this plot of a graph that shows download and upload speed using speedtest.org you will see that it is smooth graph, indicating that there was a steady, clean, download or upload test, a connection with high jitter would not be smooth and flat, it would be filled with peaks and valleys.

View attachment 1247

This test is not giving me a full picture of what's happening with my connection, there are no figures for packet loss or jitter, I am sure Speedtest used to do it, the Android app still gives Jitter results, but that jitter might be a result of the wireless connection between my device and router.

See if you can google how to test for jitter, it's not very easy, iirc, but it will help you pin-point if the fault is in your home, which your ISP is not responsible for or if it happens before the internet connection reaches your home, which your ISP might be responsible for.

Attachments

DizzyDemon

Recruit
That's a really good connection, we have the fastest connection we can get in this area at the moment, but there should be some improvements down the line, hopefully this side of Christmas, but we do get good ping.

Zilko

Recruit
So, I finally found the cause. I tried all kind of sh*t; diffrent ISP's (at friends place), diffrent RAM, hotspot from my phone, cooling by an extern fan, all kind of diffrent settings in windows+game, re-installing the game+shaders, tried all kinds of diffrent drivers but nothing worked.

Then I tried another SSD with windows installed on it, and guess what; this sh*t worked.

So I re-installed windows and basta, it's working for now. Stupid but simple.

Hopefully this will work for someone else as well.

DizzyDemon

Recruit
So, I finally found the cause. I tried all kind of sh*t; diffrent ISP's (at friends place), diffrent RAM, hotspot from my phone, cooling by an extern fan, all kind of diffrent settings in windows+game, re-installing the game+shaders, tried all kinds of diffrent drivers but nothing worked.

Then I tried another SSD with windows installed on it, and guess what; this sh*t worked.

So I re-installed windows and basta, it's working for now. Stupid but simple.

Hopefully this will work for someone else as well.
Are you using the same SSD as before following fresh instal of Windows?

If you are, check on the manufacturer's website to see if they have a utility for checking the health of the drive so you can make sure it is not developing a fault.

DizzyDemon

Recruit
Think it was a different one he said.
He said he tried another SSD and then re-installed Windows, assuming he has this fresh install on the 'new' SSD, he should get the old 1 checked before using it again, if he actually did a fresh install on the old drive then he should make getting it checked a priority.

I don't want to assume he stopped using the old SSD because he tried running the game from another drive.

Zilko

Recruit
The SSD was from my old PC which still had windows on it. While running it from that windows, it went ok, thinking the cause was the current windows I had on my main storage.
I'll plug in that old disk again to see what will happen, but later.
Well, the good news is I'm currently running a fresh version of windows AND COD worked properly for 2h yesterday. This means it can't be my new PC. The bad news is, well.. After blizzard "updated" in all of a sudden after these 2h, things went back to 'normal', including this lovely stuttering/orange boxes/fps drops.
Also windows had a small update at about the same time, but I really think the blizzard one did the 'trick'.
Shaders keep reinstalling when I open the game. It seems that pack 2 skips and pack 3 goes from 0% to 7%, stays there for a while and then boom, installation finished. I'm googling the net about those right now.

Zilko

Recruit
hmm that's a good thing to know. Later, why I got time, i'll try to run windows from my SSD again to see what will happen. If that doesn't work, i'll try to figure out how to rollback windows. Thanks for the tip!

Zilko

Recruit
So update... Since my SSD (with the older version of windows) gave my much better graphs and my primairy disk (M2) didn't got them which also kept reinstalling the shaders, I thought this might be the cause. Also my SSD played well without and troubles and my M2 did cause the stuttering, I copied all the files in documents/cod/players which were on my SSD to the same directory on my M2. Now my graphs on my M2 are as fine as my SSD and so far so good regarding the stuttering. Summary; fcking shaders which kept reinstalling / fail to install might caused this shit.

So update... Since my SSD (with the older version of windows) gave my much better graphs and my primairy disk (M2) didn't got them which also kept reinstalling the shaders, I thought this might be the cause. Also my SSD played well without and troubles and my M2 did cause the stuttering, I copied all the files in documents/cod/players which were on my SSD to the same directory on my M2. Now my graphs on my M2 are as fine as my SSD and so far so good regarding the stuttering. Summary; fcking shaders which kept reinstalling / fail to install might caused this shit.
Aaaaaand that's a nope. It started to stutter after more matches than avarage. Still weird the shaders keep reinstalling, trying to google for an answer regarding that now. Reinstalling shaders ingame or the game itself won't help, same goes for deleting that file in /documents/cod/players

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
zMrLegacyz MODERN WARFARE SEASON 6 brought the R700 sniper and now Im remember what FUN means! Call of Duty Media 0
Delta v Force Intoxicated Modern Warfare HC TDM Call of Duty Media 0
Carlos Modern Warfare Season Six revealed Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
Carlos Modern Warfare Season Six arrives September 29th Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
zMrLegacyz HOW TO MAKE A QUICK 5$ IN CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE Call of Duty Media 0
A modern warfare fr Call of Duty Media 1
B Is it bannable to be black on modern warfare? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Weedclown420 PC Modern Warfare 3 Co ops needed Clan Chat 1
J Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Battle Pass Edition)? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
E Are my system requirements sufficient to play Call of Duty modern warfare? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
Kellomies "TWO HACKERS IS WORSE THAN THAT FUC&**% RIOT SHIELD" (Modern Warfare Warzone) Call of Duty Media 0
S call of duty modern warfare Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Kellomies GLITCHED SCREEN (MODERN WARFARE WARZONE) please watch Call of Duty Media 0
H How about an actual "Modern Warfare" mode Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 12
zMrLegacyz I unlocked the 1000 HEADSHOTS CALLING CARD for the AX50 and KAR98 in the SAME GAME in MODERN WARFARE Call of Duty Media 0
Kellomies LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG! - Modern Warfare Win Call of Duty Media 0
zMrLegacyz The KING of RANDOM THROWING KNIVES in MODERN WARFARE, I hit WAAAAY too many of these Call of Duty Media 0
zMrLegacyz So I got my DUAL KODACHIS, (DUAL SWORDS) DAMASCUS in MODERN WARFARE, and NOW I need the NEW SNIPER Call of Duty Media 0
H Modern Warfare Plunder eXE Call of Duty Media 0
Delta v Force Modern Warfare - RavenOne (Hardcore) Hardpoint "Suldal Harbour” [4K] Call of Duty Media 0
zMrLegacyz BRAND *NEW* ETERNAL SAMURAI BUNDLE, FIRST EVER DUEL WIELD SWORDS in MODERN WARFARE!!! Call of Duty Media 0
zMrLegacyz *NEW* SEASON 5 in MODERN WARFARE, NEW WEAPONS, and PETROV OIL RIG and SULDAL HARBOR map overviews. Call of Duty Media 0
Carlos Modern Warfare Season Five revealed Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 0
zMrLegacyz I finally beat SEASON 4 in MODERN WARFARE, and I saved the BEST CHALLENGE for last. Call of Duty Media 0
CODForums Modern Warfare Season Five arrives August 5th Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 5
zMrLegacyz OBSIDIAN unlocked a whole NEW level of SNIPING for me in MODERN WARFARE!!! Call of Duty Media 0
Delta v Force Modern Warfare Gunship "Tribute" (God of War) HD Call of Duty Media 0
freakdaddy64 cod modern warfare update problem Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
zMrLegacyz So I UNLOCKED OBSIDIAN for my AX50 while playing Search and Destroy in Modern Warfare!!! Call of Duty Media 0
zMrLegacyz UNLOCKED DAMASCUS CAMO and MASTERY EMBLEM for the RYTEC AMR in MODERN WARFARE!!! Call of Duty Media 0
L PC Italian Discord Community dedicated to "Call Of Duty Modern Warfare" Clan Recruitment 0
zMrLegacyz So I hit my first TRIPLE COLLATERAL and another TRICKSHOT on MODERN WARFARE...and I got a FACECAM!!! Call of Duty Media 0
zMrLegacyz I got accused of AIMBOTTING in MODERN WARFARE, and when I was about to CLUTCH UP my NET said NO!!! Call of Duty Media 1
zMrLegacyz I just hit another NASTY TRICKSHOT while playing MODERN WARFARE!!! Call of Duty Media 0
C I put "The Best Day Ever" from SpongeBob on the Modern Warfare 2 Trailer! Call of Duty Media 0
zMrLegacyz I can't BELIEVE I hit these SHOTS while playing SEARCH AND DESTROY on MODERN WARFARE!!! Call of Duty Media 1
R PC Looking for Clan - Modern Warfare - Clan Recruitment 3
zMrLegacyz So I unlocked the DAMASCUS MASTERY EMBLEMS for the KAR98 and the AX50 in MODERN WARFARE Call of Duty Media 0
M Modern warfare montage! please check it out! Call of Duty Media 0
B *NEW*CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE & WARZONE BEST MOMENTS-#14 Call of Duty Media 0
B *NEW*CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE & WARZONE BEST MOMENTS Call of Duty Media 1
zMrLegacyz MODERN WARFARE SEASON 4 just released, and I've already hit a RANDOM THROWING KNIFE on SCRAPYARD!!! Call of Duty Media 0
Carlos Modern Warfare Season Four released Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 19
zMrLegacyz The BEST SEARCH AND DESTROY class set up on MODERN WARFARE Call of Duty Media 0
T When does Modern Warfare's Season 4 start? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
T What the hell is THIS racist/political BS doing in my Modern Warfare Game!!!!??? Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 17
zMrLegacyz I actually hit a nice TRICKSHOT in game on MODERN WARFARE Call of Duty Media 0
B Modern warfare warzone fails and awesome moments Call of Duty Media 0
zMrLegacyz I unlocked OBSIDIAN for my MK2 and KAR98K in the same game on MODERN WARFARE Call of Duty Media 0
RXNIN Modern Warfare Montages Call of Duty Media 2