• Greetings, Devil Dog! Welcome to the Call of Duty Forums. It looks like you're looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Tactical Gaming

My Pre-build thread

Tactical Gaming

DizzyDemon

Recruit
Yeah I think I saw some of what you're talking about how you getting 240 FPS
I think that's normal for that card, but yeah, Shoot House is a smaller map and doesn't have many smokey areas, so it might well deliver some of the higher frame rates.

The RTX 2070 Super should be a little higher than that, not by much and certainly not enough to justify the higher price tag if it were the just the extra frame rate the splits them. For me the stuttering makes the 5700XT a harder card to live with as I am more sensitive to these issues.

It is worth noting that if the card produces such high frame rates then I could comfortably run Ray Tracing and still get a better than acceptable frame rate.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

DizzyDemon

Recruit
Dropped the MSi RTX 2070 Ventus GP OC in today and ran a quick 3dMark Time Spy test, this was run without any adjustments to the driver to get a baseline result and in this comparison I have put it head to head against the MSi RX 5700 XT Mech card that I just took out, again this is a straight out the box comparison.

well it edges a little i think youll be very happy with that im gonna run mine and see the comparison,you know anything about ftp with a game server

DizzyDemon

Recruit
well it edges a little i think youll be very happy with that im gonna run mine and see the comparison,you know anything about ftp with a game server
I've not used ftp in a very long time, close to 20 years, so not really up to date, I am sure it is easier now than it was back then.

I would have thought it would be a lot more like dragging and dropping files like you would do on your desktop PC, only the files would be stored/hosted remotely, but as I say, not tried it in ages.

yeah im relearning myself ,i think its like i can download maps and put them on desktop and use ftp to transfer them onto server and it puts in server the way thier supposed to be. atleast thats what i remeber somthing like that i changed the cz server to a global offensive server, theres alot more players for that and im enjoying it as much as codmw.hopefully it will start getting some action.

wow i got awarded a 10 for 100 messages WOOT IM ON A ROLL LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DizzyDemon

Recruit
yeah im relearning myself ,i think its like i can download maps and put them on desktop and use ftp to transfer them onto server and it puts in server the way thier supposed to be. atleast thats what i remeber somthing like that i changed the cz server to a global offensive server, theres alot more players for that and im enjoying it as much as codmw.hopefully it will start getting some action.
I'm sure you can use some type of remote terminal connection to the server, then download directly to the server to install maps that way and reduce the number of steps you need to take.

It should save you time as your server connection to the internet will be much faster than your home connection.

Just don't ask me how.

I mean it.

Really.

Don't ask.

Good luck, let me know how you get on.

DizzyDemon

Recruit
You could do that or you could look at the support pages for the company you rented the server from to see how to remote connect, basically, you need to remotely access the server and then use a web browser that's hosted on the server to update the maps.

The reason I said don't ask, is that this is more supposition than actual knowledge.

What company are you renting server space from?

Gameservers.com damn FTP login there so I think I can use that I've got fire Zillow and I've already connected to the server I just need to learn the procedure which I already kind of understand

heres on public server my in game settings and my nividia control is i think like yours.

View: https://youtu.be/vKZTMw02yu4

i wish youtube video would show it the way it really looks graphics wise,and seems fps has dropped some and i read some from the new update people have some fps but it still good,i tried to post screen shots of my in game settings but says file to big dont know why its only a screen shot.

people have dropped fps

Last edited by a moderator:

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
i wish youtube video would show it the way it really looks graphics wise,and seems fps has dropped some and i read some from the new update people have some fps but it still good,i tried to post screen shots of my in game settings but says file to big dont know why its only a screen shot.

people have dropped fps
The original MP4 is on the server, but they're throttling the actual streaming cache. So, what you normally stream 4k, is currently 1080 because of Coronavirus.

DizzyDemon

Recruit
The original MP4 is on the server, but they're throttling the actual streaming cache. So, what you normally stream 4k, is currently 1080 because of Coronavirus.
YouTube decided to throttle bandwidth due to increased demand on their servers so they didn't end up running out of capacity.

You can go into settings and push the quality back up to 1080p.

I have seen a few videos with options to play at 1440p and higher, but you can only do that if the video was originally uploaded at those resolutions.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Private
YouTube decided to throttle bandwidth due to increased demand on their servers so they didn't end up running out of capacity.
Yeah, happened right after the Coronavirus started to grow in numbers. Websites in general are getting more traffic than usual. YouTube can't handle it with 4k enabled.
You can go into settings and push the quality back up to 1080p.

I have seen a few videos with options to play at 1440p and higher, but you can only do that if the video was originally uploaded at those resolutions.
That's what I meant.

DizzyDemon

Recruit

people have dropped fps
Yes, there was both a game update and nVidia driver update, I can't remember when the game update was but the driver update was on 24th June.

Your video looks great, I got it to play at 1080p with no issues, hit the cog at the bottom where it shows your resolution at 360 you can click to open up a drop down menu and select 1080 from there.

Frame rates are really impressive, I've icky managed a max frame rate of 220ish and you were easily peaking over the 200 mark, that's a mighty fine card you have there.

I'm reinstalling Windows 10 after swapping out my motherboard, it takes 2 to 3 days to install CoD so will start testing in the next day or so.

Sorry, typo.

I use swipe on my phone and for some reason sweeping over o-n-l-y gets translated into icky.

i meant to say i watched that video you posted on nvidia control panel and set mine the way he did, seems like when sitting or camping fps sits around 150 ish soon as i move or im in battle it cranks up. ill be leaving it alone now i like where its at. and in csgo i was at around 100 fps and after changhe im getting 200. i post a video of me playing bots in my csgo 128 tick server today.

DizzyDemon

Recruit
i meant to say i watched that video you posted on nvidia control panel and set mine the way he did, seems like when sitting or camping fps sits around 150 ish soon as i move or im in battle it cranks up. ill be leaving it alone now i like where its at. and in csgo i was at around 100 fps and after changhe im getting 200. i post a video of me playing bots in my csgo 128 tick server today.
For others that might be interested in seeing that video, then just click this way:

The latest nVidia drivers have now got support for Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling, I am still looking into this but so far I have been able to determine that the minimum requirements are: WDDM 2.7 and this was something that should have been updated with the last major Windows 10 update in May (yes, the 1 that stops USB connected printers from working!) and of course the latest version of the nVidia drivers.

There doesn't seem to be any official word on how useful this is from nVidia, so that suggests to me that the gain will be marginal at best if any, otherwise nVidia would have released a stack of videos and press releases to shout about it and every YouTube commentator that are worth their weight in salt would have repeated it.

What I have seen from a few comparison videos with HAGS on and off is that it doesn't increase max frame rates but the 1% low frame rates are boosted by around 7% to 12%. It looks like HAGS will be more useful when applications/games are more sensitive to memory speeds, X Series XBox and PS5 are both going to be using 16GB DDR6 with transfers speeds that are more than double the speeds that can be achieved on AMD and Intel PCs running on DDR4, HAGS should help reduce latency here with future games once those consoles have had time to mature.

I think it works best with games that were created using the Vulkan API, DirectX 11 is showing smaller gains in the 1% low scores and DirectX 12 looks like it is showing no real gains either way but there were some games where there was a marginal drop in performance with HAGS on.

I think this might have fixed the issue I was having with my Radeon RX 5700XT, I was getting stuttering during play in CoD:MW, which from what I have seen is the only game that this happens in, but it still wouldn't prevent the annoying fan noise from that card, so while I struggled to pay the extra cash for the RTX 2070 Super, which is actually producing fewer frames per second than the 5700 XT, it is an easier card to live with.

DizzyDemon

Recruit
Impressive frame rates, very close to 300 fps at some points, and yes very smooth, I hope that those videos have helped.

What else besides CS:Go and CoD:MW do you play?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Pre-made lobbies Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
CODForums Pre-Order BO4, get 3 remastered maps free in BO3 General Call of Duty 0
CODForums Pre-E3 2018 Livestream reveals new maps for Black Ops 4 Call of Duty Media 0
C Will you be pre ordering? General Call of Duty 1
CODForums Pre-Order Call of Duty: WWII and get a new Multiplayer Upgrade General Call of Duty 0
eGsistance Pre-order BO3 now on XBOX One General Call of Duty 2
eGsistance BO3 Pre-order bonus pack General Call of Duty 0
Mwoakilloa GameStop BO3 Pre-order Notify General Call of Duty 3
Grim So my digital pre order glitches, and I now have to restart my install... General Call of Duty 1
Black0ut Pre-load is over 48GB! General Call of Duty 19
J Multi After scouring the web, I've found the cheapest COD AW pre order General Call of Duty 1
WhoIsDo Advanced Warfare Pre-Order Bonus: Advanced Arsenal General Call of Duty 2
CODForums Pre-Order Advanced Warfare and get Advanced Arsenal bonus General Call of Duty 0
WhoIsDo Advanced Warfare available for pre-order on PS4, support pre-loading General Call of Duty 0
P Call of duty : ghosts pre-order General Call of Duty 1
Tthizzle88 NBA 2k14 Official Trailer,Cover, and Pre-Order Bonus | Mini Mindfeed Video Games 0
Carlos Call of Duty Ghosts All Access pre-E32013 Show Call of Duty Media 1
Carlos pre-E32013 sneak preview of CODGhosts General Call of Duty 3
B Pre-Order Bonuses and Promo Items? General Call of Duty 1
Carlos GameStop reveals new Black Ops 2 pre-order bonuses. General Call of Duty 0
C Black Ops 2 Pre-Order help! General Call of Duty 3
O How to Pre Order MW3 for Free General Call of Duty 3
Z MW2 Pre-Order General Call of Duty 12
K Fennec Build Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 1
W PSN Looking to build a team Clan Chat 0
T Black Ops 2. How to build the Trample Steam. Call of Duty Media 0
G [PSN] Oldtimer looking for a EU clan or a few team mates to build a team around Clan Chat 0
C How to build a Call of Duty MLG Clan - Call of Duty UnVeLLed Clan Chat 0
fermlour Buy or Build a New PC? The Lounge 38
episistune This is how you build a wind turbine in black ops 2 Call of Duty Media 0
G Build up your MW2 soldier General Call of Duty 1
D "post thread" is kinda transparent Completed Suggestions 0
S thread for heavy questions. The Lounge 13
I Xbox Live imClan Recuritment Thread (Xbox One) (16+) Clan Recruitment 0
VoiDProjects My 100th thread The Lounge 0
I Xbox Live imClan Recuritment Thread (Xbox One) Clan Recruitment 0
Q PSN [PS4] POTSMOKER CLAN RECRUITMENT THREAD Clan Recruitment 0
S PC NovaLuminous Recruitment Thread Clan Recruitment 1
Oropherion Introduction Thread for myself The Lobby 0
P Multi Old XGN/XGC Thread Clan Chat 96
Grim Unofficial Exo Zombies Thread General Call of Duty 1
Grim Havoc Dlc Information Thread General Call of Duty 0
Grim Unofficial "Request" Thread General Call of Duty 5
Grim Xbox Gamertag Thread Clan Recruitment 48
S PlayStation Network ID Thread Clan Recruitment 48
Homeless Commie Xbox Live [MW3,Ghosts] DaZe Official Clan Thread Clan Recruitment 0
I Xbox Live [iMPY] iM PROXY is recruiting. Check our thread out: You will not be disappointed! Clan Recruitment 0
T Multi The Mafia Recruitment Thread Clan Recruitment 0
Carlos Please use prefixes when creating a clan thread. Completed Suggestions 0
Carlos Can anyone see a "Post new thread" button? Call of Duty Media 0